Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darqueze Back on the Market
His deal with the Jags fell through - apparently some financial details.

I like Dennard a lot, but with all the other players we've signed, I just don't see him coming back.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t be surprised to see him end of with the Vikings. They need a couple CB’s...
Reply/Quote
I’d sign him for the same deal he signed with the Jags, 3 years/$13.5M which is pretty cheap for a CB.
Reply/Quote
probably his entire contract in gameday bonuses so he couldn't ride out his contract on IR

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 05:17 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Wouldn’t be surprised to see him end of with the Vikings. They need a couple CB’s...

Yeah, they lost some good ones.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Can he add some weight and play linebacker for us?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I never felt that he ever "Got It". He always looked Star Struck when he played. You see it a lot in International soccer. Great up and coming players face Messi or Ronaldo for the first time and they freeze. I've never seen Dennard step up like WJ did for one season. We all know what WJ is capable of, so he gets some slack. Dennard never had a big run and was a #1 pick that couldn't unseat Kirkpatrick. I think that says a lot right there.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:00 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I never felt that he ever "Got It". He always looked Star Struck when he played. You see it a lot in International soccer. Great up and coming players face Messi or Ronaldo for the first time and they freeze. I've never seen Dennard step up like WJ did for one season. We all know what WJ is capable of, so he gets some slack. Dennard never had a big run and was a #1 pick that couldn't unseat Kirkpatrick. I think that says a lot right there.

Dude was hurt like crazy in his career...finally healthy last year and was one of the top slot corners in the league...I think his injuries hurt him badly in becoming a very good/great outside CB.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:00 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I never felt that he ever "Got It". He always looked Star Struck when he played. You see it a lot in International soccer. Great up and coming players face Messi or Ronaldo for the first time and they freeze. I've never seen Dennard step up like WJ did for one season. We all know what WJ is capable of, so he gets some slack. Dennard never had a big run and was a #1 pick that couldn't unseat Kirkpatrick. I think that says a lot right there.

we dont need him anymore...Between all the guys they signed, the emergence of Phillips + the draft coming.....bye bye  
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:08 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Dude was hurt like crazy in his career...finally healthy last year and was one of the top slot corners in the league...I think his injuries hurt him badly in becoming a very good/great outside CB.

Wha? No he wasn't.

He missed half the season last year even.

2017 was his best year by far.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Just don’t let him end up in the division please
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 06:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Wha? No he wasn't.

He missed half the season last year even.

2017 was his best year by far.

Once Dennard got healthy he rated as the best Slot Corner in the league I think is Spazz's point.

The problem for Dennard is injuries and the fact he is specifically a Slot Corner. Let him go to Zim.

Good player when healthy but we got Alexander now as our Slot Corner.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if this would open up Jax to being game for trade? Maybe Dre for player or pick? Weird coincidence it would potentially be for another different Bengal corner if that is the case but still doesn't negate their need at the position.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 05:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’d sign him for the same deal he signed with the Jags, 3 years/$13.5M which is pretty cheap for a CB.

We have like 37 CB’s on the roster.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 09:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We have like 37 CB’s on the roster.

Burrow can play CB too. Ninja

Reply/Quote
There is no way Dennard will come back to the Bengals. The relationship between him and the team didn't end amicably. I could see him heading to Minnesota or Indy.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 05:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’d sign him for the same deal he signed with the Jags, 3 years/$13.5M which is pretty cheap for a CB.

But he is a FA because he wouldn't sign that deal...
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 12:57 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: There is no way Dennard will come back to the Bengals. The relationship between him and the team didn't end amicably. I could see him heading to Minnesota or Indy.

Would you care to elaborate on that?
Reply/Quote
Michael Brockers contract wasn’t made with Baltimore either he’s going back to the Rams.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 09:22 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: But he is a FA because he wouldn't sign that deal...

He's going to regret that.  I believe it had $6 million guaranteed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote