Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darqueze dennard
Espn recently posted an article suggesting the Bengals trade dennard and I agree because of the value and points they expressed...They said his development process has been slow here because we barely make room for him to be consistently on the field...

They also brought up the fact Josh shaw is developing fast and may even be ahead of dennard at this moment..Then most importantly they spoke of dennard's current value saying cornerback starved teams like New Orleans,Tennessee, or Miami might be willing to part ways with 1st round picks to obtain him...

I truly don't believe dennard is a nfl corner he lacks the top end speed necessary for the position that's why he feel in the draft...if we moved him to safety then I think he'll show his play making abilities there.....
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 12:21 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Espn recently posted an article suggesting the Bengals trade dennard and I agree because of the value and points they expressed...They said his development process has been slow here because we barely make room for him to be consistently on the field...

They also brought up the fact Josh shaw is developing fast and may even be ahead of dennard at this moment..Then most importantly they spoke of dennard's current value saying cornerback starved teams like New Orleans,Tennessee, or Miami might be willing to part ways with 1st round picks to obtain him...

I truly don't believe dennard is a nfl corner he lacks the top end speed necessary for the position that's why he feel in the draft...if we moved him to safety then I think he'll show his play making abilities there.....

What "value" and "points" did ESPN express?  So far he has proven that he is an injury prone corner who struggles in man coverage.  Not sure how much value that would present to a franchise that is in the market for a corner, even if it is a third option at the position.  I would say his value as of right now is quite low.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 12:37 PM)JumboTron Wrote: What "value" and "points" did ESPN express?  So far he has proven that he is an injury prone corner who struggles in man coverage.  Not sure how much value that would present to a franchise that is in the market for a corner, even if it is a third option at the position.  I would say his value as of right now is quite low.

if you read the article I'm talking about when they stated that's it's some corner starved teams that might be willing to part ways with 1st round pick I would pull the trigger on that in a hurry 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 12:37 PM)JumboTron Wrote: What "value" and "points" did ESPN express?  So far he has proven that he is an injury prone corner who struggles in man coverage.  Not sure how much value that would present to a franchise that is in the market for a corner, even if it is a third option at the position.  I would say his value as of right now is quite low.

They said it's some corner starved teams that might be willing to part ways with 1st round pick I would pull the trigger on that in a hurry 
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure about Dennard... I kinda get the feeling that Marvin is "Jerome Simpson-ing" him. Marv couldn't figure out a way to get Jerome on the field in chad's spot (God forbid he rotate in every now and then  Whatever) and maybe he's having the same issue with Dennard. Or maybe Dennard is just an extremely slow learner, and if that's the case trade him or get him some Ritalin and/or Aderall. It's been 3 years, the dude should be seeing the field by now. I really liked the Dennard pick and has high hopes he'd be our next Leon Hall. So far, I'm more disappointed in him than I am with Dre
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 12:58 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: if you read the article I'm talking about when they stated that's it's some corner starved teams that might be willing to part ways with 1st round pick I would pull the trigger on that in a hurry 

No one would give a 1st for Dennard. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Imo, next year's cornerback draft is really good. I think most teams would roll the dice on next year rather than giving up a first on Dennard.
Reply/Quote
Maybe a 2nd or 3rd, but no team is giving a 1st for him. If they do, you take that offer immediately!
Reply/Quote
If we trade anybody in our Secondary it should be Pacman not Dennard.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Dennard will play good football for us at some point. He has had some setbacks much like Dre did early. I haven't given up on him yet. I think he will be serviceable down the road. We draft these guys to stay here.
Reply/Quote
It is a very valid argument Dennard is the best trade prospect on team currently. I disagree however pushing for a first or a second I'd like them to get a multi pick exchange a 3rd and 5th being the ceiling.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 02:05 PM)J24 Wrote: If we trade anybody in our Secondary it should be Pacman not Dennard.

...why? Adam Jones had like one and a half bad games this season but has overall been alright. Dennard looks slow every time he's in coverage.

Not that anyone is going to give a 1st for Dennard anyway. If anyone even sniffs around with a 2nd, you gotta snatch that up in a hurry.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 02:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ...why? Adam Jones had like one and a half bad games this season but has overall been alright. Dennard looks slow every time he's in coverage.

Not that anyone is going to give a 1st for Dennard anyway. If anyone even sniffs around with a 2nd, you gotta snatch that up in a hurry.
He is old and is only going to get older. Plus is contract is expensive and we can better spend his 7 million at other positions. Anyways your not going to get a first or second for Dennard more like a sixth or seventh. Pacman can probably land you a third from a contender.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 03:47 PM)J24 Wrote: He is old and is only going to get older. Plus is contract is expensive and we can better spend his 7 million at other positions. Anyways your not going to get a first or second for Dennard more like a sixth or seventh. Pacman can probably land you a third from a contender.

I don't see how you get rid of Adam Jones, in mid-season.  The way I see it, he's the only leader left in the secondary.  He is the pulse, and the emotion of the defensive backfield.  Last year, I would have said that was Reggie Nelson, this year it is Adam Jones.  If you get rid of his leadership and experience, you have a group of young dudes running around, not knowing what they are doing.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Dennard ran a faster 40 than Richard Sherman and Justin Gilbert ran faster than both of them. If Dennard is playing press he is fast enough. Just like Sherman is fast enough.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 03:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't see how you get rid of Adam Jones, in mid-season.  The way I see it, he's the only leader left in the secondary.  He is the pulse, and the emotion of the defensive backfield.  Last year, I would have said that was Reggie Nelson, this year it is Adam Jones.  If you get rid of his leadership and experience, you have a group of young dudes running around, not knowing what they are doing.

It depends on weather you believe this season is salvageable or not? On one hand were one game out of first place but on the other hand it doesn't look like our weak areas are going to get any better this season? If you believe in the second part why not play the young guys and see what you have there then playing an old guy.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 04:02 PM)J24 Wrote: It depends on weather you believe this season is salvageable or not? On one hand were one game out of first place but on the other hand it doesn't look like our weak areas are going to get any better this season? If you believe in the second part why not play the young guys and see what you have there then playing an old guy.

Actually, I do think this season is salvageable.  I'd much rather see the Bengals squeeze the trigger on a deal to bring in one of the Tackles out there, on the trading block.

With Eifert coming back to health, I feel like the Bengals look really good at the skill positions.  All Andy needs is an average of 2.5 seconds to pick defenses apart.  Once the offense starts putting up points, the defense all of the sudden looks incredible.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 03:47 PM)J24 Wrote: He is old and is only going to get older. Plus is contract is expensive and we can better spend his 7 million at other positions. Anyways your not going to get a first or second for Dennard more like a sixth or seventh. Pacman can probably land you a third from a contender.

Might as well get rid of Whitworth and start Fisher at LT, too then. You could say the exact same thing there, too.

Here's the thing, though.. both of those moves makes the team worse, and the Bengals aren't going to "better spend" $7m anywhere. They're not going to go out in FA and get someone good, so it'll just be rolled over money.

(10-29-2016, 04:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Dennard ran a faster 40 than Richard Sherman and Justin Gilbert ran faster than both of them. If Dennard is playing press he is fast enough. Just like Sherman is fast enough.

Underwear 40 speed and game speed are two different things sometimes.

Trent Richardson ran his 40 significantly faster than both Gio and Hill. Nowhere did that translate onto the field, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 12:21 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Espn recently posted an article suggesting the Bengals trade dennard and I agree because of the value and points they expressed...They said his development process has been slow here because we barely make room for him to be consistently on the field...

While I've been disappointed that Dennard hasn't played better and more often, Marvin Lewis did say during Dennard's rookie training camp that Dennard was the best rookie corner he's ever seen.

You gotta think that the talent is there.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 05:13 PM)BengalChris Wrote: While I've been disappointed that Dennard hasn't played better and more often, Marvin Lewis did say during Dennard's rookie training camp that Dennard was the best rookie corner he's ever seen.

You gotta think that the talent is there.

Or that ML is mistaken or delusional.
Years ago Marvin would bring in troubled players he thought he could " coach up ". Ninja
Reply/Quote