Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darren Waller ??
(10-24-2023, 11:49 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Sorry you’re right.  Well I wouldn’t offer anything more than a 3rd, and I would start with something lower.  It’s not a reflection of him, but more a reflection of where that team is heading.

I can't rule out something crazy though Adoree Jackson has been really bad and their other corner Donte Banks is a rookie. Darrin Waller for Chidobe Awuzie...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 12:16 AM)Synric Wrote: I can't rule out something crazy though Adoree Jackson has been really bad and their other corner Donte Banks is a rookie. Darrin Waller for Chidobe Awuzie...

Never intentionally deplete CB depth if you're trying to win. 

You trade away a CB and either DJ Ivey or Jalen Davis has to be relied upon. Or both of them if you then have any injuries at all over the next 11-15 games.

It's already iffy enough with how Hilton has been playing. I don't want to see Dax playing CB again.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 09:33 PM)Whacked Wrote: Lots of chatter on the typically-useless gossip-mills of the internet about grabbing him by the trade deadline; but it’s sure fun to imagine!!

Google “Darren Waller to the Bengals” and you’ll see.

I started to buy in a little more when it was discussed on Cincinnati Bengals Talk …..they brought up bring Perine back too. Yes please. Derrick Henry has been tossed around too.

https://youtu.be/fTixcz26_0M?si=RZ-L_bipf0ESvp4q

Am ok with bringing Perine back and believe Denver would move him at a reasonable price. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 12:48 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Never intentionally deplete CB depth if you're trying to win. 

You trade away a CB and either DJ Ivey or Jalen Davis has to be relied upon. Or both of them if you then have any injuries at all over the next 11-15 games.

It's already iffy enough with how Hilton has been playing. I don't want to see Dax playing CB again.

Have to agree here. CB depth is so important in this league that I think you have to hold on to Chido. I know we stink at TE and we are epically bad, but at least see if Tee can get back on track a bit and give us more options in the passing game this week.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 08:32 AM)chrisball96 Wrote: Have to agree here. CB depth is so important in this league that I think you have to hold on to Chido. I know we stink at TE and we are epically bad, but at least see if Tee can get back on track a bit and give us more options in the passing game this week.

I originally didn't read the thread you replied to and thought you were talking about keeping Awuzie beyond this season.
However, upon reading closer, I agree with you.
CBs have gotten injured about every year with the Bengals so depth is a must as long as the Bengals are a contender.

There isn't much talent-wise the Bengals could afford to trade away at this point. It would have to be a draft pick itself.

I can't see the Bengals being willing to pay Waller's base salary for future years though, so he'd almost assuredly be a cut/trade candidate after the season.
With that said, I wouldn't trade more than a 5th rounder for him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote