Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Darrin Hall
Another RB added to the fold.  I don't know much about him but it could be someone for PS.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Baker won't like that.

ZT better be ready to get mean mugged.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Not sure why we are stock piling running backs as though the supply is going to run out. With a great line you can make a decent running back look great. Anyway, where are the line backers we desperately need?
Reply/Quote
So.. how's our Defense doing by the way?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 09:08 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Not sure why we are stock piling running backs as though the supply is going to run out. With a great line you can make a decent running back look great. Anyway, where are the line backers we desperately need?

Because Mixon is great and all but after that, things fall off.

I'm one of the biggest Gio fans out there, but he has lost a step to some degree and is also an injury liability. I think the coaches have recognized that on film, and want to take a good look at what is out there for future needs.
Reply/Quote
Good pickup for the RB derby imo. He has good size, runs with momentum, and has good breakaway potential for being 225 lbs. With Anderson having his history, they're likely not even going to pencil him in until he can stay healthy for a while.
Reply/Quote
I can't remember us ever having this kind of RB competition heading into camp. All of these guys are top shelf (when healthy).
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
This mystery is easy to figure out, fellas. Taylor saw how the Rams became hamstrung when Gurley got dinged up, last year. They didn't have a similar back and had to scramble to find someone. Taylor just wants to ensure that there are enough backs that are all capable of running the entire playbook with to be available.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 10:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This mystery is easy to figure out, fellas.  Taylor saw how the Rams became hamstrung when Gurley got dinged up, last year.  They didn't have a similar back and had to scramble to find someone.  Taylor just wants to ensure that there are enough backs that are all capable of running the entire playbook with to be available.

Agree

RB with a lot of NFL teams is just a nuisance position they don't put much effort into using. If it works some great, if it doesn't oh well lets run another pass play.

Seems like that isn't the case in ZT/Rams offense. RB is an integral part of the plan.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 10:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

RB with a lot of NFL teams is just a nuisance position they don't put much effort into using. If it works some great, if it doesn't oh well lets run another pass play.

Seems like that isn't the case in ZT/Rams offense. RB is an integral part of the plan.

Yep, and what a stark transition it is from before.  For example, we currently have 3 first round CBs on the team.  If Marvin was still here, we'd likely now have 4 first round CBs on the team, and still be wondering if the team was going to be able to score the ball this year..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Thinking ZT comes from an old school of thought.

The best way to help a defense.....

A strong run game would be a good step forward in 2019 if we keep our expectations in check. I'll miss the sound of a fb cracking pads with a middle lb (you could tell by the collision if it was going to be a good run), but those days are long gone.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 10:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Thinking ZT comes from an old school of thought.

The best way to help a defense.....

A strong run game would be a good step forward in 2019 if we keep our expectations in check. I'll miss the sound of a fb cracking pads with a middle lb (you could tell by the collision if it was going to be a good run), but those days are long gone.

Exactly, Anderson and Hall are both substitute bell cows in case Mixon goes down. Williams is there in case Gio gets dinged up. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 09:08 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Not sure why we are stock piling running backs as though the supply is going to run out. With a great line you can make a decent running back look great. Anyway, where are the line backers we desperately need?

need backs for camp so you don't wear out the main guys on the roster.      He could potentially beat out one of the draftees for a roster spot.  who knows
Reply/Quote

Why would anyone care we added a RB to compete, a RB that costs little and no impact on the salary cap?

The Browns are loaded at RB so maybe this kid was stuck behind great backs in Cleveland. Maybe he gets cut, who cares if he fails to make the roster.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It's still very early in the weeding out process. It becomes a numbers game only to be reduced as the preseason goes on.. The more live bodies early on the better the odds of finding one (or more) worth keeping..Nothing more, nothing less..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2019, 10:50 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why would anyone care we added a RB to compete, a RB that costs little and no impact on the salary cap?

The Browns are loaded at RB so maybe this kid was stuck behind great backs in Cleveland. Maybe he gets cut, who cares if he fails to make the roster.

heck even duke Johnson wants out of cleveland I believe
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 09:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Because Mixon is great and all but after that, things fall off.

I'm one of the biggest Gio fans out there, but he has lost a step to some degree and is also an injury liability. I think the coaches have recognized that on film, and want to take a good look at what is out there for future needs.

I love Gio also, but have not been impressed by his play the past few years. He has never been the same since the cheap shot by Shazier n the playoff game. I hope Gio's career is revived, but I could also see Gio being cut.

As far as competition, the team invested 2 6th round picks and FA's so hardly huge investment compared to say the Browns who brought in Chubb in 2018 and Hunt in 2019 to compete against Duke Johnson. Me thinks Duke Johnson is better than Gio right now and once Hunt is activated will be 3rd best back on the Browns.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2019, 11:06 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: heck even duke Johnson wants out of cleveland I believe

Nahhh..every player in the history of football loves being in Cleveland with the only exceptions being anyone who ever played in Cleveland..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2019, 11:06 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: heck even duke Johnson wants out of cleveland I believe

He does and is a very good back

Reply/Quote
The sky is falling! We add another rb from waivers. What are they thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote