Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Darrin Hall
(05-08-2019, 11:10 AM)grampahol Wrote: Nahhh..every player in the history of football loves being in Cleveland with the only exceptions being anyone who ever played in Cleveland..

is there an over under on how many games till OBJ starts to complain?
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2019, 11:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: is there an over under on how many games till OBJ starts to complain?

Lets start one, how does 4 sound ?

I wouldn't be surprised if this team breaks camp with a record number of RB's between the 53 and the PS.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone else consider this a sign that the Bengals are planning to test the trade market for Gio?

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2019, 12:09 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Anyone else consider this a sign that the Bengals are planning to test the trade market for Gio?

I don’t know about the trade market but I don’t think they extend him on a big money deal either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2019, 12:09 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Anyone else consider this a sign that the Bengals are planning to test the trade market for Gio?

This has nothing to do with trading Gio.

Teams are allowed to have 90 players on their roster at the start of training camp.  So every team in the league is going to have a lot more RBs than they are going to keep.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2019, 11:10 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He does and is a very good back

Duke is not a very good back.
he just happened to catch alot of paases in a offense 2 tiers under a CFL offense.
hes very slow at reading blocks
and for some reason gets easily caught from behind.
Reply/Quote

probly more to do with Gio being on the final year of his deal.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2019, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This has nothing to do with trading Gio.

Teams are allowed to have 90 players on their roster at the start of training camp.  So every team in the league is going to have a lot more RBs than they are going to keep.

Yep. Why not take a flyer on this guy? Plus, the 2nd RB we drafted is hurt A LOT.

IF any of the Top 3 backs go down and the 4th guy is hurt...then this guy enters the mix.
Reply/Quote
Gio's not going anywhere. They are bringing in backs to see if they can play special teams... for the 3 and 4 spots... they are also going to run the ball a lot this year, which means they will be running the ball a lot at camp. Don't want to overuse our top backs in camp reps...
Reply/Quote
As far as undrafted guys go, this is a good get. Kinda reminds me of Corey Dillon a little......only not really that close to being Corey Dillon.
Reply/Quote
How can you have too many 225lb down hill RBs on a team that is going make the other guy have to stop the run?

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 08:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Another RB added to the fold.  I don't know much about him but it could be someone for PS.

Taylor must need lots of RB's that all fit his system in case someone goes down. Both Anderson and Gio have had trouble staying healthy. I like stock piling these players. We must think that the coaching had a lot to do with the poor Linebacker play and that very well could be the case.
Reply/Quote
Probably just wanted to add a RB with more size. At 225 he fits the bill. He runs well after contact. He had 19 rushing TD's his last 2 years in college.

If Mixon gets dinged, they may view him as a short yard option.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 10:21 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  Both Anderson and Gio have had trouble staying healthy.

Mixon has never played a full 16 game season.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2019, 01:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Gio's not going anywhere. They are bringing in backs to see if they can play special teams... for the 3 and 4 spots... they are also going to run the ball a lot this year, which means they will be running the ball a lot at camp. Don't want to overuse our top backs in camp reps...

This^^^
Reply/Quote
Meh. I disagree. Or, I think this is Taylor responding to the Gurley fiasco and overreacting.

The Rams pulled Fat CJ Anderson off the trash heap and got great production out of him when Gurley became dinged up.

No, CJ wasn't Gurley, but he came cheap and was a good, productive RB for them in his stead.

If we lose Mixon, neither Hall nor Gio nor Williams nor any of these other guys will replace his production but, if our system is successful with a good enough line, we won't lose too much.

Point is, there is no legit reason to hoard all the guys in the league who have "RB" listed as positional eligibility in case Mixon goes down. Backup RBs are largely a fungible commodity.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 12:00 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Meh. I disagree. Or, I think this is Taylor responding to the Gurley fiasco and overreacting.

The Rams pulled Fat CJ Anderson off the trash heap and got great production out of him when Gurley became dinged up.

No, CJ wasn't Gurley, but he came cheap and was a good, productive RB for them in his stead.

If we lose Mixon, neither Hall nor Gio nor Williams nor any of these other guys will replace his production but, if our system is successful with a good enough line, we won't lose too much.

Point is, there is no legit reason to hoard all the guys in the league who have "RB" listed as positional eligibility in case Mixon goes down. Backup RBs are largely a fungible commodity.
dude we aren't hording...

we are loading up the roster to get thru camp.

then we will cut down
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 10:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This mystery is easy to figure out, fellas.  Taylor saw how the Rams became hamstrung when Gurley got dinged up, last year.  They didn't have a similar back and had to scramble to find someone.  Taylor just wants to ensure that there are enough backs that are all capable of running the entire playbook with to be available.

ZT is going to design different running plays for all these guys and at different games a lot of these RBs will be on the field and it will drive defenses crazy trying to figure out what is going on.When you have 5-6 backs that can start any game and you have a ton of different looks and different plays for the D to try and match up with,it is a huge advantage for us. :andy: ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 06:36 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: ZT is going to design different running plays for all these guys and at different games a lot of these RBs will be on the field and it will drive defenses crazy trying to figure out what is going on.When you have 5-6 backs that can start any game and you have a ton of different looks and different plays for the D to try and match up with,it is a huge advantage for us. :andy: ThumbsUp

No matter how many backs make the roster, I'd be truly shocked if more than 3 were active on the gameday 45.  Having backs that have different strengths is great, until the opposing defensive coordinators begin to recognize who's good at what, and learn to plan accordingly.  Sure, you'll have load carriers, the all-purpose backs that can do it all, but you also have change of pace backs that might be better blockers and receivers.  The best strategy is to have the OL that can execute the plays correctly, so that whichever back is in the game is equally dangerous.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 10:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Mixon has never played a full 16 game season.

2 years in the league sure is a large span to judge from lol

Gio has been around awhile and Anderson was injured the majority of his career at Oklahoma.

I would say these two stand out a bit more in this regard than Mixon who has only played two years in the NFL and last year became the AFC rushing champ while not being able to play in a couple of games. Just because Mixon hasn't played every game in his first two seasons doesn't make him injury prone (knock on wood).
Reply/Quote