Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrin Simmons on short list of HC names?
Darrin Simmons? I don’t know enough about the guy to have an opinion about him. I think it’s clear we’re not going to get a Tier 1 HC candidate, or even a Tier 2 for that matter. That doesn’t man a guy like Simmons couldn’t turn out to be a success, but just don’t expect a well known name hire.

“As for potential coaching candidates for the Bengals in 2018, special teams coach Darrin Simmons could be on the short list of names the franchise considers for the vacancy, Rapoport reported.”

Of course, this is all from the report, that Marvin is now denying.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000893735/article/marvin-lewis-bengals-planning-to-mutually-part-ways
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:19 PM)Utts Wrote: Darrin Simmons? I don’t know enough about the guy to have an opinion about him. I think it’s clear we’re not going to get a Tier 1 HC candidate, or even a Tier 2 for that matter. That doesn’t man a guy like Simmons couldn’t turn out to be a success, but just don’t expect a well known name hire.

“As for potential coaching candidates for the Bengals in 2018, special teams coach Darrin Simmons could be on the short list of names the franchise considers for the vacancy, Rapoport reported.”

Of course, this is all from the report, that Marvin is now denying.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000893735/article/marvin-lewis-bengals-planning-to-mutually-part-ways

Yeah, a lot of speculation going around. John Breech (CBS) had an article earlier where he listed Guenther, Simmons, Todd Haley, Josh McDaniels and Frank Reich as the most likely to replace Marvin, along with Hue and Jay if they're fired. 
Reply/Quote
The lazy list of names.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, a lot of speculation going around. John Breech (CBS) had an article earlier where he listed Guenther, Simmons, Todd Haley, Josh McDaniels and Frank Reich as the most likely to replace Marvin, along with Hue and Jay if they're fired. 

Honestly, that sounds like a reporter just drawing names that likely won't be seriously coveted, in order to just make a story.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
My cat's also on the short list. She lives in the garage after deciding to pee on furniture so she stands a real good chance of being on Mikeys second chance lists..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly, that sounds like a reporter just drawing names that likely won't be seriously coveted, in order to just make a story.  

Yeah, it's all just pure conjecture...but that's all it can be, because no one has a crystal ball.

If you want a real doozy of an article, check out this turd by Florio.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Please god no!!!
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, it's all just pure conjecture...but that's all it can be, because no one has a crystal ball.

Wow, what a bunch of crap..  Either Florio really sees things as they are, and we are blind, or things are much worse than we could ever possibly imagine..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, what a bunch of crap..  Either Florio really sees things as they are, and we are blind, or things are much worse than we could ever possibly imagine..

This is such a terrible idea, it’s so ridiculous, that I’m afraid it might actually happen.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, it's all just pure conjecture...but that's all it can be, because no one has a crystal ball.

So, we'd plug Hue into the O-line?  I've heard worse ideas.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
If and let me repeat if we had to choose one person on the current staff to take over this team Darrin would be it...

He has the hard nosed no nonsense mentality and special teams have been solid.....the hope if he was hired was to bring in a NEW OC and DC from outside the group....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
The guy has been here 15 years and I have never heard of him. Is that a good sign?
Reply/Quote
The whole thing is a hot mess ! Typical Bengals

Only thing I know for sure is Mike Brown will take the cheap, easy road out.
Reply/Quote
Yea, cuz 15+ year Special Teams Coordinators who never had a single other team sniff around them for their own HC gigs are notorious for making good head coaches, right?

....right?
Reply/Quote
In-house guy who satisfies NFL "Rooney rule" requirement for coaching search. He ain't getting the job fellas. If they stay in-house (please God, no), it'll be Fat Paulie and 5 more years of nothing changing.*
Reply/Quote
if there is a punter's coach on the team (if Huber does not want/take the job), I suggest we offer head coach to them, it is our Only consistent bright spot through the years. A star.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Simmons going to HC would be the laziest hire in my opinion. This team needs a breath of fresh air. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I hope not. His unit has been terrible this year.
Reply/Quote
Simmons is probably the first choice if MB goes in house. While I would love to see someone from the outside come in, we all know that is not MB's pattern. And I don't think you can judge how good he will be because he is a ST coach. If he gets it, he will succeed or fail on his own merits. As for all the outside coaches, unless they go to a college coach, all of those are like the really good looking girl you want to date. You know that somewhere, a bunch of guys just got tired of putting up with her shit. If these coaches are available, it's because they were fired elsewhere. SO either way is a gamble. While I would love to get Gruden, I think it's pretty much a done deal that the Bucs will get him (he lives less than 5 mile from Raymond James Stadium), so I'm leaning towards hoping for Harbaugh at Michigan. Come coach against his brother in the same division. But, it will probably be Simmons.... 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 12:18 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: In-house guy who satisfies NFL "Rooney rule" requirement for coaching search. He ain't getting the job fellas.

Simmons isn't a minority.
Reply/Quote