Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrin Simmons re-signed
Reply/Quote
Good extension.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So Van Pelt, Pitcher, Bicknell, Jones, Livngston and Coombs are not under contract?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 09:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So Van Pelt, Pitcher, Bicknell, Jones, Livngston and Coombs are not under contract?

their contracts expired at whatever constitutes season's end for coaches

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 09:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good extension.

That's what she said
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Glad he isn't going anywhere
Reply/Quote
Good, keep him away from the cheaters
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 09:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Good news. He's done a good job.
Reply/Quote
Our best Coach, believe under Simmons we had the best ST's unit in the league.

Nice move.

Lets move on from the Secondary coaches though please. WJ3 is too talented to have played this poorly IMO.
Reply/Quote
He needs to be our head coach
Reply/Quote
What a relief. I would have been absolutely outraged, had I read a thread titled "Darrin Simmons replaced". Mellow

That guy has been one constant, throughout all of the changes that have happened around here in the past 18 years. Thanks for your dedication and service, Coach Simmons!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 09:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

This has to be fake news. Simmons is a great special team coach so no way he would be a free agent and sign up for MB and this FO. I have read on here MB is the devil so no way a respected coach stayed here.

I will wait for the retraction.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Definitely a good re-signing on our part. I could see this being his last contract with us though. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 02:02 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Definitely a good re-signing on our part. I could see this being his last contract with us though. 

Think he'll go somewhere else or that he'll retire?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Thankfully the OP got the word "re-sign" right instead of resign. I was nervous there for a minute.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm glad he's coming back. He's been one of the few bright spots on the coaching staff over the last decade plus. I wonder what his thinking is though? Does he really believe the Bengals will turn it around and become contenders? Why wouldn't he look for a team with a better chance at a championship? He is supposed to be really well respected among other NFL coaches, wouldn't another team be trying to lure him away when his contract expired?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 11:00 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I'm glad he's coming back. He's been one of the few bright spots on the coaching staff over the last decade plus. I wonder what his thinking is though? Does he really believe the Bengals will turn it around and become contenders? Why wouldn't he look for a team with a better chance at a championship? He is supposed to be really well respected among other NFL coaches, wouldn't another team be trying to lure him away when his contract expired?

im sure hes paid well and after 18 years probly has roots here and doesnt want to up and leave.
Reply/Quote
I could see them transitioning him to head coach next year if ZT doesn't work out. Let's face it ST coaches make the best head coaches.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 10:18 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Think he'll go somewhere else or that he'll retire?

I would not be surprised to see him interview for HC positions within the next couple years.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2020, 01:01 PM)Okeana Wrote: I could see them transitioning him to head coach next year if ZT doesn't work out.  Let's face it ST coaches make the best head coaches.

That may well have been part of the talk for new contract ? Plus he must not have been getting much attention from the teams still needing new HC.
Reply/Quote