Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrin Simmons should be given a chance at being the HC
Why not? Special teams has been pretty consistent other than our garbage kicker. He also shows more emotion on the sideline than Lewis. Look at yesterday for example. He was showing emotion and even getting on the referees for missed calls.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:17 PM)Trademark Wrote: Why not? Special teams has been pretty consistent other than our garbage kicker. He also shows more emotion on the sideline than Lewis. Look at yesterday for example. He was showing emotion and even getting on the referees for missed calls.

Bengals probably used this same logic when promoting Ken Zampese to OC...just sayin'
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I guess I don't pay good enough attention on ST because all I ever see are block-in-the-back penalties.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I’m not sure Darrin Simmons is the answer — but his passion for the game is commendable. Mike Zimmer brought such an energy to the defense when he was here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I guess I don't pay good enough attention on ST because all I ever see are block-in-the-back penalties.

Well Special Teams have been decimated by the regular ST guys having been called into full time game action by injuries to the starters....
Reply/Quote
Simmons probably will get a look because it's the Bengals. Any real franchise though would hire from outside, and with the direction the NFL going, would hire an offensive guru as head coach. Eric Bienemy would be interesting, but won't happen.
Reply/Quote
Simmons is the only person on this staff I wouldn't hate being promoted to HC. Granted, the last thing I want is the lazy-ass approach of promoting from within. I'm beyond tired of that crap. If only Mike would get off his lazy ass and actually do some GM work but, eh... It's more likely I end up having a one night stand with Mila Kunis Whatever

Givin Simmons the reigns the last 4 or 5 games isn't a horrible idea. Just to see how he handles the job. But we all know that is NEVER going to happen
Reply/Quote
Clean house ! This team desperately needs a fresh start and needs to get as far away from Marvin Lewis or his coaches as humanly possible.
Reply/Quote
I wanna see Big Willie as HC on the sidelines.

Chomping on chili-dogs and chuggin' diet coke!

Stains all down his shirt.

Yelling at players with mouthfuls of popcorn and waving his soft pretzels at the refs.

Wiping his mouth on other players jerseys while they're not looking.

If I can't enjoy the game on the field then why not?

Pure entertainment I tells ya !

Sorry. I got off track. No, to anyone getting promoted within at this point.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote