Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darron Lee interested in coming to the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
Tempting, but I think getting the new picks snaps/experience is really important. Now, if there’s an injury...
Reply/Quote
As much as I liked him at tOSU, Lee hasn't done much as a pro.
Reply/Quote
https://stripehype.com/2020/06/10/darron-lee-seems-intrigued-idea-joining-bengals/
Reply/Quote
his overall PFF was not good, below 40.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/darron-lee/10654
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well he is better than Evans and could at the very least play special teams. In 2018 he was considered a top coverage LB to PFF. I say bring him in for insurance.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Training Camp fodder
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
AO and Lee were discussed early in the offseason. He'd be fighting for a spot here.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Absolutely take a shot on him.

I can fill out our LB depth chart 6 deep without a problem right now

Pratt, Wilson, ADG, Bynes, Bailey, Evans. And one of those is a rookie 7th round pick with 2 ACL tears coming off of covid.

If all of them are healthy and Lee makes it a tough choice on who to keep at LB then it was a good acquisition.
Reply/Quote
That's nice. But LB help ship has sailed.
Reply/Quote
I remember him being hyped out of college. He has not translated his game to the NFL level. What makes anyone think he will do so here?
Reply/Quote
I think Lee is interested in any team that will offer him a job, at this point.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 06:18 PM)J24 Wrote: Well he is better than Evans and could at the very least play special teams. In 2018 he was considered a top coverage LB to PFF. I say bring him in for insurance.

That's what I was thinking, let Lee compete with Evans for that last spot. Lee can cover well sometimes.

More competition is never a bad thing and I like it when players want to come here.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2020, 01:52 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Absolutely take a shot on him.

I can fill out our LB depth chart 6 deep without a problem right now

Pratt, Wilson, ADG, Bynes, Bailey, Evans. And one of those is a rookie 7th round pick with 2 ACL tears coming off of covid.

If all of them are healthy and Lee makes it a tough choice on who to keep at LB then it was a good acquisition.

Didn't know Bailey is coming off of covid.

BTW, Spears could also be in the mix for that last spot. I am liking our depth but nothing wrong with adding more competition.

Could go from our biggest weakness to a strength.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2020, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I remember him being hyped out of college. He has not translated his game to the NFL level. What makes anyone think he will do so here?

We've heard of him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2020, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I remember him being hyped out of college. He has not translated his game to the NFL level. What makes anyone think he will do so here?

It is just for competition for the last spot. I don't see how it hurts...
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 06:18 PM)J24 Wrote: Well he is better than Evans and could at the very least play special teams. In 2018 he was considered a top coverage LB to PFF. I say bring him in for insurance.

2018 was likely an anomaly for Lee.

Here are Lee's PFF grades by year:
2016 - 45.5
2017 - 44.2
2018 - 72.4
2019 - 36.3

Honestly, Lee would probably a worse option than Evans at this point, especially given Evans has familiarity with the defense whereas Lee does not.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2020, 08:35 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: That's nice. But LB help ship has sailed.
Not exactly. How many of the LBs currently on the roster are actually "proven" ? Until then they're a LB roster of potential only and not above more competition.
Reply/Quote

Former Ohio St guy who people remember being good in college and has (or had) really good speed. Former 1st round pick. Basically it's just hope that he would become something.

Honestly, I think he was more hype than he produced in college. Dude's best season was only 80 tackles, which was in 15 games (national championship season).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Lee has been as good or better than Bynes. Funny how people are impressed with Josh and hating on Derron.
Reply/Quote