Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darron Lee interested in coming to the Bengals?
(06-15-2020, 05:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  Just cause a player is cheap doesn't necessarily mean he sucks.

If it is not the way he plays then why is he so cheap?

Locker room cancer?

Off field problems?

Extensive history of injuries?

I agree that a players dollar value is not 00% determined by how he plays, but there has to be SOME reason he is so cheap.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it is not the way he plays then why is he so cheap?

Locker room cancer?

Off field problems?

Extensive history of injuries?

I agree that a players dollar value is not 00% determined by how he plays, but there has to be SOME reason he is so cheap.

Bynes was on a loaded LB roster and has been cut by a few teams as you note.

I just like that the Raven's fans didn't like losing him. This says something to me as we were just fine in losing Vigil.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 05:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Better than Vigil in every way pretty much, that is all I care about.

Actually, no, he is not better than Vigil in every way.

But it is interesting that you said this because I already addressed it earlier in this thread.

(06-11-2020, 07:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a perfect example of why I put zero weight in fans opinions.  Too many fans are obsessed with hating certain players.  

No fan should be happy with signing a scrub just because he replaces a player they hated. Just look at how many fans loved McCarron just because he was not Dalton.  It had nothing to do with how good he was as a QB.  They just loved him because he was not Andy.

Way too many people here love Bynes just because he is not Vigil or Brown.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually, no, he is not better than Vigil in every way.

But it is interesting that you said this because I already addressed it earlier in this thread.

I guess I can agree to a point. I wanted someone new and Bynes is new.

We will see how he plays for us, I like how we upgraded the position in the Draft as well.

I liked Wilson, ADG and Bailey before the Draft.
Reply/Quote
With all these young LBers we have taken the last two drafts, Bynes’ veteran presence will be invaluable in that LB room.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 06:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: With all these young LBers we have taken the last two drafts, Bynes’ veteran presence will be invaluable in that LB room.

Exactly. Happy we didn't sit on our hands and ignore the LB position in FA. Needed a vet.
Reply/Quote
Bynes was a desperate signing (if you remember missing out on the top targets). Sold to us as the veteran presence, which was needed given we knew the room would be young.

But they didn't break the bank on him and with the claiming of Austin Calitro, a younger ascending player who teams seemed to be interested in I'm not sold his spot is secure.

Ravens games have been on NFL Network recently and when I've seen Bynes play he hasn't really done much. He's just a guy out there. Running to the pile ("always being in the right place and around the ball", as they'll say).

I think Bynes would start under the old regime (and be our prize FA). I think we should keep an eye on Calitro.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Anytime you can sign a player from a division
Rival it can pay off dividends at times.
Look Bynes....he might be able to give some insight
On Lamar Jackson in film sessions
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 07:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bynes was a desperate signing (if you remember missing out on the top targets). Sold to us as the veteran presence, which was needed given we knew the room would be young.

But they didn't break the bank on him and with the claiming of Austin Calitro, a younger ascending player who teams seemed to be interested in I'm not sold his spot is secure.

Ravens games have been on NFL Network recently and when I've seen Bynes play he hasn't really done much. He's just a guy out there. Running to the pile ("always being in the right place and around the ball", as they'll say).

I think Bynes would start under the old regime (and be our prize FA). I think we should keep an eye on Calitro.

I kind of see Bynes as a Dhani Jones type.  He won't be a spectacular individual player, but he'll get the defense linedup right.
Reply/Quote
I would sign him.Probably could get him at a bargain price at this point.Extra competition is always a good thing.It motivates people.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 12:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: I kind of see Bynes as a Dhani Jones type.  He won't be a spectacular individual player, but he'll get the defense linedup right.

I know that Madden likes him.  His 2020 rating is 79, with awareness as his highest rated category at 84.  So, you might be onto something.  Even if his physical skills aren't what they once were, if his play diagnosis is on point, he can call it out, and the young, physical specimens like Pratt and Wilson can move in for the kill.

*Note:  Not that Madden rankings mean a lot, it was just the first one that popped up when I searched for Josh Bynes' play diagnosis ranking.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 12:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: I kind of see Bynes as a Dhani Jones type.  He won't be a spectacular individual player, but he'll get the defense linedup right.

That is what I see as well.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 07:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bynes was a desperate signing (if you remember missing out on the top targets). Sold to us as the veteran presence, which was needed given we knew the room would be young.

Yeah, Calitro could be the underrated guy here, nice post. But I still like Bynes.

Could actually have some really good competition at Linebacker for once.
Reply/Quote
Anybody ever given a thought that Bynes might be using
The " Im gonna show those other teams that I can be a starter
In this league " mindset ?
Bynes is still young enough that his best days
Might be ahead him.
He doesnt have alot of mileage on the body I think
It's not league we are getting a over the hill LB
Like Preston Brown whose best days were far gone
Reply/Quote