Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daryl Williams
We should land him on a 1 year prove it deal and have him come in to play RT with Bobby Hart as a backup. Load it up with some incentives if he stays healthy and maybe salvage his career.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:18 PM)Okeana Wrote: We should land him on a 1 year prove it deal and have him come in to play RT with Bobby Hart as a backup.  Load it up with some incentives if he stays healthy and maybe salvage his career.

Prior to this week, Williams was several slots down on my list, due to the knee surgery.  But, now that they signed Hart to a 3 year deal, Williams is looking better and better.  If they could get him to come to terms, he could ease his way back into health while Hart continues to flounder as the starter pro-tem.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Prior to this week, Williams was several slots down on my list, due to the knee surgery.  But, now that they signed Hart to a 3 year deal, Williams is looking better and better.  If they could get him to come to terms, he could ease his way back into health while Hart continues to flounder as the starter pro-tem.

yeah, this hurts to say but at 5.5 your basically looking at Hart as a highly paid backup rather than a starter.  You could get Williams at 8.5 with baked in incentives for staying healthy and see what you can get out of it.  Hopefully, you land a guy in the mid rounds of the draft that you can develop up.

Reply/Quote
I'd say there is zero chance they sign another OT. If they do it won't be for a starter either.
Reply/Quote
They aren't signing another free agent OT as Mental said.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:41 PM)Okeana Wrote: yeah, this hurts to say but at 5.5 your basically looking at Hart as a highly paid backup rather than a starter.  You could get Williams at 8.5 with baked in incentives for staying healthy and see what you can get out of it.  Hopefully, you land a guy in the mid rounds of the draft that you can develop up.

That's a plan that I could get on board with.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:41 PM)Okeana Wrote: yeah, this hurts to say but at 5.5 your basically looking at Hart as a highly paid backup rather than a starter.  You could get Williams at 8.5 with baked in incentives for staying healthy and see what you can get out of it.  Hopefully, you land a guy in the mid rounds of the draft that you can develop up.

If FA so far is any indication, Williams will get signed for (a lot) more than this.
We need to quit underestimating what players will get in FA based on what others have received. Clearly, teams are overspending for players even if those players haven't performed to that level (e.g. Hart paid like a top 10 RT even though he performed like the 30th best RT).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:46 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I'd say there is zero chance they sign another OT. If they do it won't be for a starter either.

This.  I guess we just have to hope that Turner is right about Hart and maybe sees something in him that he can fix.  Of course, as the saying goes, wish in one hand....
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If FA so far is any indication, Williams will get signed for (a lot) more than this.
We need to quit underestimating what players will get in FA based on what others have received. Clearly, teams are overspending for players even if those players haven't performed to that level (e.g. Hart paid like a top 10 RT even though he performed like the 30th best RT).

Kinda makes paying $11M/per for a guy like Whitworth look like the deal of the Century, at this point.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Williams is going to get about $15m a year.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:46 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Williams is going to get about $15m a year.

Lol with his injury history and basically having one good season I highly doubt that.

Reply/Quote
At this point, I'm just hoping the Bengals re-sign Andre Smith as a stopgap.
It's sad that I have more faith in mediocre Andre than I do in Bobby Hart.

Man, if the Bengals didn't bring Hart in last year, the coaching staff this year probably would have never considered him. Thanks a lot, Marvin! Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:46 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Williams is going to get about $15m a year.

If he hasn't yet, he probably won't. Based on James deal, I'd imagine he is probably going to come in around 10 million give or take a million when it's all said and done. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:18 PM)Okeana Wrote: We should land him on a 1 year prove it deal and have him come in to play RT with Bobby Hart as a backup. Load it up with some incentives if he stays healthy and maybe salvage his career.

This guy and KJ Wright and i would be fine with FA...
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:19 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This guy and KJ Wright and i would be fine with FA...

They already signed Hart/Brown. They aren't going to bring in any more tackles or linebackers. 
Reply/Quote
Should bring in Roger Saffold
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 12:40 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Should bring in Roger Saffold

He signed a four year 40 million dollar contract already.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 12:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: He signed a four year 40 million dollar contract already.

oh snap...mustve missed that. disregard comment. lmao
Reply/Quote
I have to wonder if people aren't sold on his medicals. I think he could be an option at a deal similar to Harts actually if he makes it into the weekend.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 12:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: I have to wonder if people aren't sold on his medicals. I think he could be an option at a deal similar to Harts actually if he makes it into the weekend.

With as fast as Tackles get signed he won't be getting fair market value.  I see a 1 year deal coming soon

Reply/Quote