Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daryl Williams Re-signs with Bills
Welp, that was my go to for right tackle. Bills keep him in a 3 year deal worth about 9.5 a year. The options at right tackle are much less abundant than guard.
Reply/Quote
Not surprised teams normally don’t let good young tackles walk. There’s no tackle or guard besides Thuney that we need to break the bank on. More reason to hope Sewell falls to #5.
Reply/Quote
Damn, well I am thinking that we might just have to get our Tackle in the Draft now. Lucky for us it is a deep Draft for
them and we have a chance at Sewell. Get a couple Guards in FA Zeit and Feiler would be great and Feiler can also play
Tackle.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 04:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: Welp, that was my go to for right tackle. Bills keep him in a 3 year deal worth about 9.5 a year. The options at right tackle are much less abundant than guard.

Indeed.
Ricky Wagner is about the only RT remaining that I'd be interested in, but he's still 31 years old.
Looking more and more like it could be OG(s) address in FA, get new OT in draft.
This could also mean that Hart is kept, at least until after the draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 05:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Indeed.
Ricky Wagner is about the only RT remaining that I'd be interested in, but he's still 31 years old.
Looking more and more like it could be OG(s) address in FA, get new OT in draft.

I think Reiff is still an option
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 05:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Indeed.

(03-12-2021, 05:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think Reiff is still an option

Yeah, there is still a couple guys out there and there should be even more when more cuts are made.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 04:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: Welp, that was my go to for right tackle. Bills keep him in a 3 year deal worth about 9.5 a year. The options at right tackle are much less abundant than guard.

Hart makes 6 million which is far less than 9 million a year for 3 years.

As I have said, go after Thuney (guard) and Linsley (center) since Hart has a contract that is low for a starting RT.

Then if available, draft Sewell to compete against Williams and Hart.

If not Sewell, grab Pitts who could become Joe's best friend.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 05:16 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think Reiff is still an option

Maybe. But he's even older than Wagner.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 05:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Hart makes 6 million which is far less than 9 million a year for 3 years.

As I have said, go after Thuney (guard) and Linsley (center) since Hart has a contract that is low for a starting RT.

Then if available, draft Sewell to compete against Williams and Hart.

If not Sewell, grab Pitts who could become Joe's best friend.

While I would love to get Thuney and Linsley, that is a lot more than 9 mil you are talkin' about.

Would we still be able to sign pass rushers and a Corner to replace WJ3?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 06:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: While I would love to get Thuney and Linsley, that is a lot more than 9 mil you are talkin' about.

Would we still be able to sign pass rushers and a Corner to replace WJ3?

Definitely if we cut Geno, Gio and others.

We have 44 million minus 10 for rookies so if no cuts or restructures we have 34 million

Thuney and Linsley sign for contracts with huge bonuses, 4 years to keep the cap hit low in 2021 as we spread the bonuses over 4 years.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 05:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe. But he's even older than Wagner.

Whit is older then them all and is still playing at a kick ass level.

31 isn't that old especially if it means our QB isn't getting pounded right after the snap. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Draft Sewell period. Don’t out smart ourselves for goodness sake. Take Sewell and forget about it. Bring in thuney or zietler I don’t care at this point. Draft creed Humphrey too. Offensive line is done. Don’t complicate what isn’t complicated. Imo
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 07:00 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Whit is older then them all and is still playing at a kick ass level.

31 isn't that old especially if it means our QB isn't getting pounded right after the snap. 

Yes I am fully aware of how old Andrew Whitworth is.
Maybe I should have been more clear - Riley Reiff is not only older, but he's not elite.
If a player is currently elite and older, I'd be more willing to take the risk on the age.
I am fine with him as a 1-2 year stopgap, but I'd prefer someone on a 3-4 year deal.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

That's a lot less than I thought he'd get. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 07:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: That's a lot less than I thought he'd get. 

Same, surprised he signed for that before hitting FA and seeing what the market was.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 07:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: Same, surprised he signed for that before hitting FA and seeing what the market was.

Maybe he believes in the Bills team, and wanted to stick around to be a part of some good times?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not gonna lie.
This one hurts a lot.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 08:35 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Not gonna lie.
This one hurts a lot.

Yep, hurts for us Bengal fans, for sure.  However, can you really blame the guy for wanting to stay with the Bills?  They have one of the most rabid ban bases in football, in Bills Mafia.  They have a good team, with what looks like a potential future All-Pro in Allen at QB, they made noise in the playoffs, and are doing their level best to keep the band together.

Meanwhile, you have the Bengals.  The Bengals missed their sweet spot with 5 straight playoff appearances, their chance to get noticed and command respect from Big Market USA.  The team that was, is now diminished and pretty much starting from scratch with a new franchise QB, and a handful of younger, talented players.  

If I hadn't been a Bengal fan my whole life, it would be really tough to not love the Bills, as a new football fan.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
To be fair, if the Bengals have to double dip on O line this year in draft, this is the year to do it
Reply/Quote
Looks like Feiler or bust now. I thought he could fetch $8M per before this, wouldn't be surprised if he gets $10M now since teams have so few options.

He seems like the best fit. They could pencil him in at RT, then move him inside if they draft a tackle in the first.
Reply/Quote