Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daryl Williams getting released
(03-14-2022, 12:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: The issue is he's only had 2 seasons where he graded 70+ and played at least 100 snaps.

I mean, unless you're paying the top tier price tag, you're probably not getting someone who consistently grades 70+ both in pass blocking and run blocking year after year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:51 PM)Synric Wrote: I dont think Daryl William's has ever played in a zone heavy system correct? He plays heavy pin and pull similar to the second half of 2019 which is why alot of us were high kn him a few years back.

Pretty sure in CAR he did for a bit. I think I looked it up last year exactly win.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: A former board favorite RT the past couple years when he was available in FA is going to be available again.
He's played predominantly RT, but also played about half the season at RG last year.
Bills have officially released him ahead of FA.
https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-release-offensive-lineman-darryl-williams

Looks like another competent RT is hitting the market.
Could he be in stripes soon?

Might be the best option if we don't trade for Collins or McGlinchey.

Morgan Moses is solid but older and Trent Brown has motivation problems. Daryl Williams would be what we need at RT.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:41 AM)casear2727 Wrote: They do conduct different tests.. and he knew those were for weed, Im guessing he popped positive once and thus the 187 more tests.  Keep in mind this was 2 years ago before they removed the ban. I agree no worries on testing positive for weed anymore - PEDs were never an issue I am aware of.  

I have no doubt he was serious about bribing the guy if the tester would do it, but it was someone he saw almost daily, so it wasnt some huge covert plan, just stupid and it bit him in the butt as he was probably going to get out of the initial suspension due to the CBA.... 

Im not saying the guy is a genius, but he is a bulldozer who would have taken Von Miller's head off in the SB for laughing at Joe's injury...

Oh, I didn’t know this happened before they stopped handing out suspensions for positive marijuana results.

I’m really unconcerned about smoking weed. If someone wants to smoke weed for anxiety or pain instead of taking Xanax or Vicodin, I think they should be able to as long as the know the risks. (Which are probably less than Xanax or Vicodin, but until the government changes the schedule 1 designation the research needed is very difficult to conduct.)
Reply/Quote
I think someone smoking pot is less of a character issue than punching a woman in the face.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:08 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think someone smoking pot is less of a character issue than punching a woman in the face.

Of course it is, nobody is questioning that.  What some are bringing up (myself included) is that the mindset and culture are different now, than the way things were under the Marvin Lewis Sanctuary for Reformed Sinners days.  Taylor seems to prefer high character, high intelligence and high football IQ type of players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote