Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davante Adams Gives His Opinion
Some people just can't accept praise when it comes to this team.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 10:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 100% agree they are much better than the last 2 seasons.

But I am not willing to say "top 10" quite yet.

Power rankings on NFL.com.

Packers beat Bengals and drop from 4 to 6.
Bengals lose to Packers and go up from 15th to 13th.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Last year, Adams had only 36 yards in a blowout win over Detroit. I guess some of the guys in this thread think he must've thought the Lions were a good team because he was held to only 36 yards. Rolleyes

BINGO!! We have a thread winner! PhilHos, you win an all expenses paid trip toooo . . Dayton, Ohio, to the Hotel 6 of your choice and yes, they'll leave a light on for you!!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: BINGO!! We have a thread winner! PhilHos, you win an all expenses paid trip toooo . . Dayton, Ohio, to the Hotel 6 of your choice and yes, they'll leave a light on for you!!

Hell, I'll take it. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Hell, I'll take it. 

Hilarious I was born in Dayton in 1953, moved to Florida in 1981, and many now call Dayton, 'Little Detroit'!  Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: BINGO!! We have a thread winner! PhilHos, you win an all expenses paid trip toooo . . Dayton, Ohio, to the Hotel 6 of your choice and yes, they'll leave a light on for you!!

You guys ever been to Lima Ohio? Loved that town.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:55 PM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys ever been to Lima Ohio? Loved that town.

I hear they got great beans there. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This really doesn't mean anything... This things have been said before ,and they are still without a playoff win for 30 years.. They don't say this when the Pats barely lost to the bucs.. The stigma of the Bengals being bad is never going away until they win playoff games.. Go watch any videos on a team that's about to play the Bengals. They still get talked about like a doormat...
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:42 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I find this a very interesting comment.  I mean, the dude put up a career high yards against us and he says "these ain't the same old Bengals".  That's almost laughable.

He's in a division where he faces the Lions twice a year and has never put up those kind of numbers.  Just odd.

I dunno, it would've made more sense had we held him to 2 catches for 17 yards or something.
I'll say it again.. What was he gonna say? They suck? 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 09:42 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I find this a very interesting comment. I mean, the dude put up a career high yards against us and he says "these ain't the same old Bengals". That's almost laughable.

He's in a division where he faces the Lions twice a year and has never put up those kind of numbers. Just odd.

I dunno, it would've made more sense had we held him to 2 catches for 17 yards or something.

...and despite his monster game, it went to OT and the Pack were lucky to escape with a W. Not sure why Adams can't respect us after that.

Btw, the Lions may be the Lions, but division foes are often the toughest, because they know you the best. When Chad had 269 yards, it was against the Chargers...not the Browns.

His best receiving average was against the Lions (118.0 yards per game). Against the lowly Browns, he only averaged 65.2. Again...divisional foe.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 01:14 PM)Tony Wrote: He posts just like a Lawyer... I wander why everyone hates Lawyers? It doesn't make sense. They seem like such good people..

And do you wonder while you wander?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 01:06 PM)Tony Wrote: This really doesn't mean anything... This things have been said before ,and they are still without a playoff win for 30 years.. They don't say this when the Pats barely lost to the bucs.. The stigma of the Bengals being bad is never going away until they win playoff games.. Go watch any videos on a team that's about to play the Bengals. They still get talked about like a doormat...

I hear ya Tony.  Been a fan since 1968.  My ongoing 30 year philosophy is expect the worse, hope for the best.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 10:21 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I think he's already doing PR to be traded to/or move with the Bengals and play with Burrow. He knows Aaron will no longer be with the packers next season. Smart guy.

no

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 01:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And do you wonder while you wander?

I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, who

But only sometimes. 

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So your argument is that a team can't be good if they give up a lot of yards to a #1 WR, but at the same time you are saying that you don't think you can judge a team based on how many yards their #1 WR gets?

I am having a little problem following your logic.

There is no argument, I was making an observation:  "a remark, statement, or comment based on something one has seen, heard, or noticed"

Again, quit trying to make it more than it is.  This is typical analysis paralysis.  What is your end game, to try to start an argument?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:55 PM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys ever been to Lima Ohio? Loved that town.

Born and raised there. Never thought I’d see the day Lima ended up on a bengals forum. Now I know my home town has made it big!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 03:18 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Born and raised there. Never thought I’d see the day Lima ended up on a bengals forum. Now I know my home town has made it big!

I worked out at a gym there back in 2006. I cannot remember the name of it but it was near the mall. A buddy of mine went to college there at University of Northwestern Ohio so I went down there and visited.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 02:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wonder, wonder who, mmbadoo-ooh, who

But only sometimes. 

Who wrote the Book of Love....
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 01:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And do you wonder while you wander?

O boy, the spelling police..  Please forgive me?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 02:22 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: There is no argument, I was making an observation:  "a remark, statement, or comment based on something one has seen, heard, or noticed"

Again, quit trying to make it more than it is.  This is typical analysis paralysis.  What is your end game, to try to start an argument?
He just likes to debate a lot I guess.. I catch myself doing it too. Sometimes it goes overboard. I guess it's a character flaw, you could say...
Reply/Quote