Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davante Adams traded to Raiders
For 2 2022 draft picks including first round.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33529955/green-bay-packers-trading-davante-adams-las-vegas-raiders
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Hahahahahaha on Rodgers!
Reply/Quote
1st and 2nd rd picks.....that's all it takes to get one of the best WRs in the game (along with a 28M APY contract)?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe they can convert Jordan Love to WR. LMAO
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:15 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: 1st and 2nd rd picks.....that's all it takes to get one of the best WRs in the game (along with a 28M APY contract)?

I would have wanted next year’s 1st as well. But maybe they didn’t have much leverage with not having the cap space.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:37 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Maybe they can convert Jordan Love to WR. LMAO

Yeah they have nobody to throw it to. They really should have drafted tee Higgins. Glad they didn’t though.
Reply/Quote
Goodbye career.

Reply/Quote
That's A LOT of draft compensation & money to give for a 29 year old WR. Dumb deal for the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
I’m going to lmao when the Packers still don’t take a WR with their top pick. :lol:

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:55 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I would have wanted next year’s 1st as well. But maybe they didn’t have much leverage with not having the cap space.

Supposedly wasn't about cap space, it was that Adams told them he wouldn't play under the franchise tag and they didn't get anywhere on negotiating a contract (presumably because the Packers weren't going to offer $28m/yr to a WR).

So it looked like the options were trade him or he sits and you still have to keep his franchise tag worth of cap space open all year in case he comes back. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Rodgers is going to flip his shit.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 09:15 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: 1st and 2nd rd picks.....that's all it takes to get one of the best WRs in the game (along with a 28M APY contract)?

how stupid were the teams in the Watson sweepstakes not to make that offer.  Granted Adams might have opted to stay in Green Bay once they offered to match the salary instead of moving to Cleveland

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Supposedly wasn't about cap space, it was that Adams told them he wouldn't play under the franchise tag and they didn't get anywhere on negotiating a contract (presumably because the Packers weren't going to offer $28m/yr to a WR).

So it looked like the options were trade him or he sits and you still have to keep his franchise tag worth of cap space open all year in case he comes back. 

That’s what I meant—they didn’t have the cap space to give him that kind of contract so were forced to trade him. Maybe if there were more suitors they could get two 1sts; maybe a 1st and 2nd is his value. I would rather get two 1sts for the best wr in the league the past few years. I think chase takes that crown as soon as next year.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:36 PM)samhain Wrote: Rodgers is going to flip his shit.

Apparently he knew Adams would get dealt when he signed his contract. Someone in the media said this—forget who.
Reply/Quote
i mean, he is a great WR not doubt, but he still needs someone to throw it to him, and lets face it, Aaron Rogers makes throws that almost no other human can. Not even Brady or Burrow, Rogers made a good WR look like the best WR in football. I dont think he has nearly the success with Carr as Rogers.
Reply/Quote
the arms race is on in AFC West
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Supposedly wasn't about cap space, it was that Adams told them he wouldn't play under the franchise tag and they didn't get anywhere on negotiating a contract (presumably because the Packers weren't going to offer $28m/yr to a WR).

The Packers actually offered him even more money than the Raiders did - Adams declined. 
Reply/Quote
Raiders got their Ruggs Replacement. Gonna pay Carr next..

After seeing Burrow/Chase combo more teams might try reuniting College QBs/Wrs
Reply/Quote