Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Lapham - Says Dillard at #11
“Dillard to me is a left tackle. He is the prototype left tackle. The only thing is when I’m watching him on tape I’m looking at his body type in the linear, I’ve seen this movie before. It looks a little like Cedric Ogbuehi a little bit physically. He’s got the long arms, he is fluid, he is smooth and he is athletic, and I’m like “ew I don’t like that,” but he seems to have a little bit more saltiness to him as I’m watching. He is going to turn 24 in October. He’s not a kid, so I think that will help him.

It is also worth noting that he views Alabama’s Jonah Williams on pretty equal level as Dillard. Lapham said if Williams is still available the Bengals should “sprint, sprint to get him.”

I agree 100%
Check out my YouTube Show - The Cincinnati Bengals Genius

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-Ah3dvZ0FG3NyGp4gNBkEA?view_as=subscriber
Reply/Quote
No thanks. If we take OL we need a road grader not a roadrunner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He said, " Dillard!" He also said that if Williams is available they should; "Sprint!" , to the podium. There as mention of the two LBs , but sounded like one of the two tackles is the pick...imho.
Reply/Quote
I dont think Lapham has seen the board this year. He sounds more like everyone else and is guessing at the pick.

Edit: I dont think Dan Hoard works for the team anymore which I believe was Laphams inside guy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I could easily see us taking Dillard or Williams.
Reply/Quote
I just want a guy who can block really well on the right side. Someone who wont have Andy running for his life next season. Someone not named Bobby Hart. Thats all.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 04:58 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I just want a guy who can block really well on the right side. Someone who wont have Andy running for his life next season. Someone not named Bobby Hart. Thats all.

lets not act like LT is all gravy
Reply/Quote
Fine by me
Reply/Quote
You can never go wrong with an OT. Just can't afford to be wrong about their abilities.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The fact that he is predicting an Offensive player after our defense was he horror show last year indicates that Taylor might have some influence.

Taylor was brought in to help the offense. He can survive a losing season in 2019 if the offense comes back to life. But if the offense is flat again the fans will turn on him fast.
Reply/Quote
I think he said they pick Devin Bush if he’s available which they don’t believe he will be.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 04:48 PM)Synric Wrote: I dont think Lapham has seen the board this year. He sounds more like everyone else and is guessing at the pick.

Edit: I dont think Dan Hoard works for the team anymore which I believe was Laphams inside guy.

I was thinking the same about Lap.
For the first time in a long time he didn't seem to know who we were going after and was just going with who he thinks we should take.
Looks like he doesn't have the access he used to have or his inside man is no longer in the building
Reply/Quote
1.white
2. Bush
3. Greedy
4. Best ol/ot available not named Dillard. I don’t want anyone that has reminders of CO. I know white will probably gone so I could be happy with bush.

It also wouldn’t hurt my feelings if the bengals did something similar to last yr, and traded a few picks back and gained something of value in return
Reply/Quote
I'd like the pick because Dillard seems to have the character to hit the weights and improve his run blocking however he's able. If he gave off vibes of being a slacker or not having tenacity, I could see the scepticism being warranted. Dillard seems like just the opposite, the type who may someday grow into a leader.
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with Dillard the prospect, but he's there with Williams, Ford, Bush, 3/4 of Clemson's DL and a few others in that range. I'd absolutely swap with Washington or maybe even Miami throws in a 4th for going up 2 picks.
Reply/Quote
Dillard over Taylor/Williams? That's a hard pass for me if both are on the board.
Reply/Quote
I think the reason for the dubiousness of some of us is we got to see what happens with these smaller linemen and the track record even before Og and Fisher was not pretty. I would be happier with road graders who just line up and play power football at this point.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 08:51 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Dillard over Taylor/Williams? That's a hard pass for me if both are on the board.

I'm with you, I like the nastiness of Taylor over the athleticism of Dillard 10/10 times.  Williams I like, even more than Dillard.  He may not have the "length" that they so highly prize in the world of the draftniks, but from playing at 'Bama, you know he's tough, and can run block.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Good pick. We need a good starter
Hart ain't the guy.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 09:26 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Good pick. We need a good starter
Hart ain't the guy.

Why would you call Dillard a good pick, and then reference Hart?  Nothing about Dillard's skill set or college experience says "Right Tackle".  If anything, he's pretty much pigeon holed as a LT, pass blocking hopeful.  Guys like Williams, Taylor, McGary, Risner, Howard, even Cajuste all project better as brutish, RT types.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote