Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dave Lapham second round selection
(04-24-2020, 02:14 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Gotta go Baun now.   Mims is solid , Jones is to much like every other 605 tackle same build like Ogbuehi . I gotta watch more tape of him tonight    change my mind    Wilson would have been great

Watch the tape in the pick 33 thread that Shady provides of Josh Jones.

Nothing like Ogbuehi bro.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:09 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Queen has great upside but lack of production, I would of taken Baun over Queen. All for Baun who has better production.

Queens 1 year starter tag was a concern for me but I was sold in the national championship game.  Dude is a risk for sure but he has a special type of talent.  His speed is exactly what we needed.  Now that hes in Balt I can almost guarantee hes gonna be great, they just always have players fall in their laps.  I like Baun, but to be honest i liked Queen alot more.  The upside with Queen is so high, but i think Bauns floor is higher than Queen.  Im just happy their is a LB at 33 that presents good value for the pick.  If we dont take Baun Ill probably be pissed.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:25 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Queens 1 year starter tag was a concern for me but I was sold in the national championship game.  Dude is a risk for sure but he has a special type of talent.  His speed is exactly what we needed.  Now that hes in Balt I can almost guarantee hes gonna be great, they just always have players fall in their laps.  I like Baun, but to be honest i liked Queen alot more.  The upside with Queen is so high, but i think Bauns floor is higher than Queen.  Im just happy their is a LB at 33 that presents good value for the pick.  If we dont take Baun Ill probably be pissed.

I agree with most of that, just think Baun is better at everything for the most part at this time in their careers.

Queen was soft at times last year, not something I want to see in my Linebackers.

Baun is just solid, better pick for us at this time.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:19 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Watch the tape in the pick 33 thread that Shady provides of Josh Jones.
Id rather take Niang or Charles in the 3rd.  Charles is better than Jones hands down, its the off the field stuff that will keep him on the board until the 3rd.  Im sure nobody knows Charles better than Joe.  We really cant wait until the 3rd to address LB.  Our cupbord at LB is bare.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 02:28 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Id rather take Niang or Charles in the 3rd.  Charles is better than Jones hands down, its the off the field stuff that will keep him on the board until the 3rd.  Im sure nobody knows Charles better than Joe.  We really cant wait until the 3rd to address LB.  Our cupbord at LB is bare.

Disagree on Linebacker, we have stack Linebackers and we are now a 3-4 Hybrid so it changes things.

We have Pratt, Bynes, Evans etc and will add another guy. Hubbard, Dunlap, Lawson, Shawn, Vonn are all Linebackers at times.
Reply/Quote
I want Burrow protected. I dont care about anything else right now
Reply/Quote
Jones does look a lot better than Ogbuehi that's for sure. Mims looks like a perfect fit for the Bengals reminds me a lot of Chad Johnson a lot. Baun will fit in our modified 3-4 defense really hard call.
Reply/Quote
Simple, ask Joe Burrow if he wants a WR, or oline.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 11:17 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: This guy knows his stuff, he’s predicted the last 10 or whatever first rounders.  After Burrow he came out with his prediction for round 2 recently.  It’s Jordyn Brooks LB from Texas Tech.    I mentioned this guy about a week ago after watching his game film.   Plays like Burfict with better speed.   Another run stopper seems to fit what the bengals are heading .  

He also mentioned Baun , Queen if he’s there and OT Wilson. I’m surprised no WR mention but it makes sense.  Brooks reminds me of Burfict / Wagner without the pass coverage skills though.
They are all gone.  Unless we want S, RB or WR,  trade down from 33 a few spots for an extra pick later.  We could still get a Blocker, but Work The Draft letting a team that wants one of Mel Kipers Top 5 to move up and give us an extra pick. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Harrison and Davis-Gaither look like better stack LB prospects to my eyes than Brooks anyway.  
Reply/Quote
Who has lap prediceted we are taking today since his other guy was taken? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote