Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Lapham
(04-24-2018, 12:15 AM)Beaker Wrote: How about this:

You take McGlinchey if he falls to 21. Then you use one of your three 3rd round picks (and maybe add one of your multiple 7th rounders if necessary) to move up earlier in the 2nd round and grab a C. I would absolutely love it if they got McGlinchey and one of the top 3 Cs in the first two rounds. Problem is, I don't think he falls to 21. If he doesn't, I would not be opposed to them trading back a few places and grabbing an extra pick....and then grabbing a C in round 1.

I really think that McGlinchey is their guy with at least 3 visits and his RT/LT versatility.

If McGlinchey is gone before they pick, then I think they look closely to see if a High Level defensive player has slid in the draft that they could take.

If no high level defensive player has slipped, then I think they Trade Down for an additional 3rd round pick and take a Center in round 1.

I think that this MAY be what they are thinking. 
Reply/Quote
I suspect New England trades up above us for mcglinchey and we get a center

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
IF McGlinchey is as good as people think he is (Im not sold on him, view him as strictly a RT guy) then there's no way he's getting out of the top 15. Left tackles are a premium in this league. If he's still there at 21, that should tell you something.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:15 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: IF McGlinchey is as good as people think he is (Im not sold on him, view him as strictly a RT guy) then there's no way he's getting out of the top 15.  Left tackles are a premium in this league.  If he's still there at 21, that should tell you something.

There seems to be mixed opinions from Analysts about McGlinchey being purely a right tackle or both left and right. Most analysts agree that he will quickly become a solid right tackle.

Former GM Charlie Casserly (who I respect) sees him starting his career at right tackle and then being able to convert to left tackle.

Casserly had him mocked at pick 16 to the Ravens.

With 4 or 5 quarterbacks possibly going before the Bengals pick, it puts McGlinchey within reach but they may have to trade up for him.

The mixed opinions about RT/LT could benefit the Bengals who could then begin his career at right tackle. Keep him at right tackle if he can't make the conversion to left or he successfully makes the conversion to left tackle giving the Bengals a Long Term left tackle.

To me, McGlinchey would be a nice pick for the Bengals who need a RT immediately and Casserly & others could be correct about his long term Left tackle versatility. At worst we get our right tackle problem fixed with a chance for bonus left tackle versatility.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:15 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: IF McGlinchey is as good as people think he is (Im not sold on him, view him as strictly a RT guy) then there's no way he's getting out of the top 15.  Left tackles are a premium in this league.  If he's still there at 21, that should tell you something.

Could just tell you that 5 or 6 QB's are off the board along with guys like Nelson, Chubb, Barkley, Fitzpatrick, James, Smith, Edmunds, Vea, Payne, Ward, Jackson, Davenport, Alexander, and a WR or two came off the board because teams had those needs above a Tackle also?
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:40 PM)depthchart Wrote: There seems to be mixed opinions from Analysts about McGlinchey being purely a right tackle or both left and right. Most analysts agree that he will quickly become a solid right tackle.

Former GM Charlie Casserly (who I respect) sees him starting his career at right tackle and then being able to convert to left tackle.

With 4 or 5 quarterbacks possibly going before the Bengals pick, it puts McGlinchey within reach but they may have to trade up for him.

The mixed opinions about RT/LT could benefit the Bengals who could then begin his career at right tackle. Keep him at right tackle if he can't make the conversion to left or he successfully makes the conversion to left tackle giving the Bengals a Long Term left tackle.

To me, McGlinchey would be a nice pick for the Bengals who need a RT immediately and Casserly & others could be correct about his long term Left tackle versatility. At worst we get our right tackle problem fixed with a chance for bonus left tackle versatility.

I think RT is much less of a need at this point than C (and even OG).  There is no way in the world I would trade up for him.

The running game will never go anywhere and the passing game will struggle if we can't shut down pressure up the middle.  

I just have a hard time drafting a guy who struggled so bad against the better competition he faced (Georgia, Miami and NC State).  He just seems like a guy with a very average ceiling and a very high floor.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think RT is much less of a need at this point than C (and even OG).  There is no way in the world I would trade up for him.

The running game will never go anywhere and the passing game will struggle if we can't shut down pressure up the middle.  

I just have a hard time drafting a guy who struggled so bad against the better competition he faced (Georgia, Miami and NC State).  He just seems like a guy with a very average ceiling and a very high floor.
being drafted 21 doesn't mean anything good or bad.  just the way the cookies crumbled.  he had a good game against NC State kept Chubb in check.  the only sack was a coverage sack when Winbush ran straight into him.  Mcglichey is a stud .  and our new oline coach knows stud linemen .  unlike the old one
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think RT is much less of a need at this point than C (and even OG).  There is no way in the world I would trade up for him.

I agree that we need a Center. A solid center option could be available in round 2 or a round 1 trade down etc.

We did spent most of last season hearing complaints about both the left tackle and right tackle positions.

Glenn should solve the left tackle position in the short term but right tackle seems unsolidified.

Jake Fisher could become a Guard option should a rookie right tackle get taken but a guard like Will Hernandez is intriguing.

I don't care how the Bengals get there as long as they button down the O-line by infusing some rookie talent. At least 2 guys fairly high.

What about getting all 3 (RT/C/Guard) ? with Will Hernandez (G) round 1,  Frank Ragnow © round 2 and Orlando Brown (RT) round 3.

I am open to anything that actually works.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 02:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: After watching this line for 2 years, and poor center play for most of the last decade, it's unbelievable that some are ok with just throwing some random schleps on the interior and hoping Pollack "coaches them up".

Pollack had a line full of studs in Dallas. They addressed the line like it mattered. Hiring Pollack means we're halfway there. Now we need the talent. Real talent. Not Joe Schmuck 7th rounder that's been rotting the bench. Risking that we have some diamond in the rough lotto ticket isn't smart. Not after we've already wasted 2 years on bad linemen.

Take it seriously, just like Dallas did.

Imagine this Shake....

1st round - Frank Ragnow Center Arkansas
2nd round - Rasheem Green DE USC
3rd round - Okorafor RT Western Michigan
3rd round - Wyatt Teller OG VT
4th round - Poona Ford DT Texas
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't be surprised if they moved up with Green Bay to draft Mcglinchey if that in fact is their guy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 01:40 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Wouldn't be surprised if they moved up with Green Bay to draft Mcglinchey if that in fact is their guy.

I don't see us trading up, except maybe a couple of spots, to get McGlinchey. I think we'll stay at 21, but I can see us moving up in the second to draft an interior player if we don't take one in the first. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 12:40 PM)depthchart Wrote: There seems to be mixed opinions from Analysts about McGlinchey being purely a right tackle or both left and right. Most analysts agree that he will quickly become a solid right tackle.

I believe we could use a solid RT. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I love me some Dave Lapham, but his access to the Bengals' draft board has to be caught-off....IMMEDIATELY!

What other franchise broadcasts its pick so publically like the Bengals do??????????
Reply/Quote