Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Lapham
(04-20-2018, 11:15 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I would be all for that but would absolutely hate the Kolton Miller pick. If any of the top 3 Centers slide to the 2nd round though then that will be great value and any of them will be the Day 1 starter for us. Really hoping McGlinchy slides somehow (don't see it) and we land him.

Mock based off his thoughts would be something like the following...

1st - Mike McGlinchey (Offensive Tackle)
2nd - Billy Price (Center)
3rd - Lorenzo Carter (Outside Linebacker)
3rd - Tim Settle (Defensive Tackle)
4th - DeShon Elliot (Safety)
5th - Tarvarus McFadden (Cornerback)
5th - Josey Jewell (Inside Linebacker)
5th - Mike White (Quarterback)
7th - Kevin Toliver (Cornerback)
7th - Daniel Carlson (Kicker)
7th - Damon Webb (Safety)

I was going to make my last Mock almost identical to this but i think there will be some kind of trade in order
to make it happen. I am seeing us taking Carter at 46 and scaring the hell out of us and than trading up into
the 2nd with our 3rd round comp and a 5th round pick and grabbing Price.

I see Price falling the most out of the top 3 Centers cause of his injury and short arms.

BTW, i highly doubt we take Kolton Miller at 21 guys. He is not what Pollack has said he has been wanting,
Miller is not nasty, has not much bend and is not a good run blocker. It will be McGlinchey or Ragnow at 21
or a CB or End depending on who falls. My prediction anyways, Lap threw out Miller as a smoke screen.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 02:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was going to make my last Mock almost identical to this but i think there will be some kind of trade in order
to make it happen. I am seeing us taking Carter at 46 and scaring the hell out of us and than trading up into

I see Price falling the most out of the top 3 Centers cause of his injury and short arms.

BTW, i highly doubt we take Kolton Miller at 21 guys. He is not what Pollack has said he has been wanting,
Miller is not nasty, has not much bend and is not a good run blocker. It will be McGlinchey or Ragnow at 21
or a CB or End depending on who falls. My prediction anyways, Lap threw out Miller as a smoke screen.

I was just thinking the same thing.  There is ALWAYS a lot of misdirection intentionally thrown out there this time of year.  You just have to wade thru the thick of it to find the truth.  and Nate, I believe, is spot on here.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 02:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was going to make my last Mock almost identical to this but i think there will be some kind of trade in order

well I remember Lapham throwing out Cedrics name 5 days before the draft.   which made me watch you tube film on the guy.    and after 25 mins I wanted to throw my computer.   he's even been worse than I could have imagined .  Miller looks similar to the guy we played at TE who was a tackle ..i forget his name.  just terrible pick.  Rutland or something like that..  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 09:12 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: One of those backers will be Lorenzo Carter I bet.  

I like it. Wouldn’t be upset at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 02:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was going to make my last Mock almost identical to this but i think there will be some kind of trade in order

Agreed. We will get a Mcglinchy/Price combo or Ragnow/Safety (Harrison,Reid) combo then Carter, Corbett, Brown in the third depending on which combo.
Reply/Quote
Miller was never brought in for a private visit, was he? I thought the Bengals only attended UCLA Pro Day. Given they met with both McGlinchey and Ragnow twice, I’d still expect one of those two over Miller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 11:04 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sounded to me tonight like he was projecting Billy Price

That's who I'm hoping for.  ThumbsUp

(04-20-2018, 11:15 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I would be all for that but would absolutely hate the Kolton Miller pick. If any of the top 3 Centers slide to the 2nd round though then that will be great value and any of them will be the Day 1 starter for us. Really hoping McGlinchy slides somehow (don't see it) and we land him.

Mock based off his thoughts would be something like the following...

1st - Mike McGlinchey (Offensive Tackle)
2nd - Billy Price (Center)
3rd - Lorenzo Carter (Outside Linebacker)
3rd - Tim Settle (Defensive Tackle)
4th - DeShon Elliot (Safety)
5th - Tarvarus McFadden (Cornerback)
5th - Josey Jewell (Inside Linebacker)
5th - Mike White (Quarterback)
7th - Kevin Toliver (Cornerback)
7th - Daniel Carlson (Kicker)
7th - Damon Webb (Safety)

Shoot...if we get McGlinchey and Price in the first 2 rounds, the rest would be icing. Most mocks I've looked at have Price going late 1st...sometimes he's mocked to us at 21. I also like that we addressed LB, Safety, and QB in this mock. I'm pretty sold on Bullock as our long term kicker, but more competition never hurt anyone.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 04:21 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: well I remember Lapham throwing out Cedrics name 5 days before the draft.   which made me watch you tube film on the guy.    and after 25 mins I wanted to throw my computer.   he's even been worse than I could have imagined .  Miller looks similar to the guy we played at TE who was a tackle ..i forget his name.  just terrible pick.  Rutland or something like that..  

DEnnis Roland?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 04:21 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: well I remember Lapham throwing out Cedrics name 5 days before the draft.   which made me watch you tube film on the guy.    and after 25 mins I wanted to throw my computer.   he's even been worse than I could have imagined .  Miller looks similar to the guy we played at TE who was a tackle ..i forget his name.  just terrible pick.  Rutland or something like that..  

He has thrown out other names too that of course did not happen. Lap is just much better at it than Hobspin
and i bet Merv and the FO have told Lap to atleast throw out some smokescreens so teams will not just listen
to him and know what we are going to pick before hand.

We didn't draft Roland either i am pretty sure, i think he was an UDFA.

Plus Pollack is here now and not PA, lots has changed. I trust Pollack more than PA obviously.

Miller just does not seem like the type of player Pollack has said he wants, he is purely a pass protector and
would be best put at LT on a QB's blindside. He is not a run blocker and doesn't have much bend to him which
means he might not get much better. Which makes me wonder why people are saying he has more upside than
McGlinchey the guy we actually brought in for a private visit.

(04-20-2018, 05:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.  We will get a Mcglinchy/Price combo or Ragnow/Safety (Harrison,Reid) combo then Carter, Corbett, Brown in the third depending on which combo.

Sounds much more likely for sure than a Miller/Price combo, we will want a RT who can both run block and
pass block. This is McGlinchey, not Miller. Would love McG, Price or Ragnow, Harrison, Crosby. Lots of ways to
go without Miller being a part of the equation but if Pollack likes the guy who am i to judge.

Just doesn't sound likely to me is all.

(04-20-2018, 05:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Miller was never brought in for a private visit, was he? I thought the Bengals only attended UCLA Pro Day. Given they met with both McGlinchey and Ragnow twice, I’d still expect one of those two over Miller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't remember Miller being brought in and i think you would know Ocho more than most lol
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 05:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's who I'm hoping for.  ThumbsUp

Shoot...if we get McGlinchey and Price in the first 2 rounds, the rest would be icing. Most mocks I've looked at have Price going late 1st...sometimes he's mocked to us at 21. I also like that we addressed LB, Safety, and QB in this mock. I'm pretty sold on Bullock as our long term kicker, but more competition never hurt anyone.

No way is it icing, we have needs at LB , DL and Safety.. plus you don't know if either of these are panning out.. got to draft well up and down the draft.. teams are made more with your 3rd to 6th picks over your 1/2 round pick.  besides give me some Ragnow with the #2 pick and I will start spreading some of the icing on the Cake  Rock On
Reply/Quote
I think they will take 1 of the 3 in Daniels, Wynn or C.Williams in the first unless someone drops that they didn't expect.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 08:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: No way is it icing, we have needs at LB , DL and Safety.. plus you don't know if either of these are panning out.. got to draft well up and down the draft.. teams are made more with your 3rd to 6th picks over your 1/2 round pick.  besides give me some Ragnow with the #2 pick and I will start spreading some of the icing on the Cake  Rock On

Definately a lot more work to do after getting a top Center and RT/G but still, i think after that we can trust
that the coaches and FO know what they are doing. I would expect those needs to be filled.

BTW Essex, in the Draft thread per Jason La Canfora he says the Patriots, Panthers and Falcons are all interested
in Ragnow in the first right after our pick. This could force us to take him at 21 and i think would be the safest
pick in the Draft at our biggest area of need.

After that i would be spreading icing, beer, whiskey, gravy everywhere honestly. He is my fave Center.

SEC, smart, big, strong, nasty and we brought him in for a private visit a couple days ago so we are interested as
we damn well should be.
Reply/Quote
If we go WR in the first I will spend the rest of the draft in the hospital digging glass from the tv out of my fist.
Reply/Quote
I just hope we don't get cute. Please for the love of God fix the trenches and the rest will fall in place. I won't be mad if we find a way to get the TE Hayden Hurst, and I would be more than happy with Ragnow, Hernandez. Price would be ok if both Ragnow and even Daniels are off the board.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 08:35 PM)TKUHL Wrote: If we go WR in the first I will spend the rest of the draft in the hospital digging glass from the tv out of my fist.

That would not be okay.let me say that first. But if what if that we had a absolute bomb draft after that? let’s say we drafted what most are calling the next aj green in equanimous st. Brown in the first. But we follow that up with billy price. Then Jamarco jones. Then Darius Leonard? And finally deshon Elliot?
Reply/Quote
Love that mock, although Josey Jewell will go a lot earlier than the 5th, stranger things have happened.

My biggest hopes are as follows:

We get a center named Ragnow or Price.

We get an OT that can start right away on the right side and possibly move to LT in the long term (that has to be McGlinchey, but I would also be very happy with Orlando Brown but he would just stay at RT)

We get a versatile LB that can play MIKE, Nickel, and can cover out of the backfield.

That LB is a tall order aiming for the third round, but would love Josey Jewell here or get Shaq Griffin and put him at WILL.

A safety like Derwin would be really cool if he fell, only because I would love to have an "Alpha Dog" in the locker room that isn't Burfict, but in reality, the Bengals have a young speedster in Brandon Wilson that deserves a shot to show he can fit the scheme.

I will know more in a couple days and will share as soon as I know...
Reply/Quote
To me if its not Ragnow, it is what it is. Just get one of the other ones who is available and be happy. But Ragnow seems like the best fit for what we need at this time. But I am no expert. It's getting close.....
Reply/Quote
Either way we have to address our top 3 needs(ol,s,lb) in the first 3 rounds. I can’t post a mock draft yet in the draft forum, but this would be mine:
1. Rashaan Evans- LB- Alabama
2. Frank Ragnow- OC- Arkansas
3. Orlando Brown- OT- Oklahoma
3. Armani Watts- S- Texas A&M
4. Tim Settle- DT- Virginia Tech
5. Jalyn Holmes- DE- Ohio State
5. Maea Tehuma- OG- Se Louisiana
5. Bo Scarborough- RB- Alabama
7. Jeremy Reaves- CB- South Alabama
7. Dylan Cantrell- WR- Texas Tech
7. Dane Cruikshank- CB/S- Arizona

I think this would address most of our needs. Maybe try and grab Kentavius Street as a priority free Agent since he tore his acl. That might take him off draft boards completely.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 10:16 PM)TKUHL Wrote: If your talking about the OLmen I have to agree. Not sure what all the hype is about with him.

Typical post combine hype. He had a good combine and someone had to get it since Brown looked so bad. I hate the idea of Miller going in the first round.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Although it would make sense to find a stud center high up in the draft this is the Mike Brown Bengals which means that there's nobody on the face of planet earth who realistically believes we'll get a top shelf center before round 4 unless they ALL fall to round 4.. I'm not saying Mikey is predictable, but he's kind of  predictable.. Sometime before now and April 26 some nobody will make some big splash, make the headlines and be the new shiny object of Mike Brown's desire and  sit on the bench till 2020 when we all get to ask the burning question , "WTF was he thinking ?" 
There's a fine line between pessimism and realism when it comes to Mike Brown.. 
Reply/Quote