Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Bell new manager
(10-25-2018, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh I see.  Even if the hire was not nepotism you would have still hated it because everything the Reds do is wrong.

Geesh, i thought this would of turned into a good conversation. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 03:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh I see.  Even if the hire was not nepotism you would have still hated it because everything the Reds do is wrong.

Not taking sides but with 5 last place finishes, they haven’t been doing much right.
Reply/Quote
Reds NEEDED to do this FAST, and they did. Bell is a good age at 46 to manage. He has experience as a bench coach, player development, 3rd base coach, hitting coach, minor league manager experience, MLB playing experience. Cincinnati born and relative to Gus Bell and Buddy Bell of Reds Fame.

Now I just hope they let him have some input in player moves as Sparky Anderson had and Pete Rose had and Lou Piniella had. As others on here have said, it serves no purpose to change manager and keep the same LOUSY players. Jack Nicholson Joker would say this team needs an enema. Major player moves needed for Reds in Last Place last 5 seasons. No pitching, but there are other problems. Half of payroll going to Votto and Bailey. Hopefully Bell will be given chance to clean house and make major changes because Reds are all messed up.

Reds can't spend money like New York, Boston or LA. They can be small market team smart. That means bringing in good players that are a bargain steal, and the Reds have picked up such players over the years. Scooter Gennett was a bargain steal for what he did. Any team willing to trade a guy and still pay most of his contract is a steal. Reds can't afford the opposite, as when they paid Brandon Phillips to play for Braves. There are good players at a bargain. Buy low, sell high. The Reds need good Farm System, but they can't have The Bigs in Last Place anymore. High time Reds get out of Last Place.

This means Front Office has to be twice s smart as deep pocket teams like Yankees. Hopefully they will let new manager Bell help take out the garbage and clean house. Reds need to not be looking for high price free agents. Instead they need to be looking for any good players on the cheap 24/7, because they are out there. Any good player another team is willing to pay last years of his contract as he plays for Reds, MAKE THAT TRADE. Reds short on money are also short on good players. Front Office needs to get a million times smarter. They have got bargains over the years in Tony Fernandez, Bo Diaz, Buddy Bell, Mike Cameron. Jim Kaat. It takes 25 to make a ball team, not just Votto. The Reds need to look for the best 25 players in baseball to fit their budget this off season. This team should not have a set line-up at Christmas time.

From now to Opening Day be making player moves, and even after Opening Day. This team needs an enema and Bell could be the guy to help clean out the colon. I have no Fan Favorite of this Last Place team. If they dump all 25 on roster and get a new 25, that is OK by me if they get out of Last Place. I get every Reds game, but anything on TV is better than the Last Place Reds. I'm all for trading Votto and Bailey in a package deal to a big money team if it free's up money for 6 or more good players to be added. The Reds need to let Bell have a say in player moves, or changing managers will not keep team out of Last Place. New generation has no idea who Gus Bell and Buddy Bell are. The name Bell won't fill the seats, but his baseball knowledge in player moves might.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 06:26 PM)kevin Wrote: Reds NEEDED to do this FAST, and they did.  Bell is a good age at 46 to manage.  He has experience as a bench coach, player development, 3rd base coach, hitting coach, minor league manager experience, MLB playing experience.  Cincinnati born and relative to Gus Bell and Buddy Bell of Reds Fame.  Now I just hope they let him have some input in player moves as Sparky Anderson had and Pete Rose had and Lou Piniella had.  As others on here have said, it serves no purpose to change manager and keep the same LOUSY players.  Jack Nicholson Joker would say this team needs an enema. Major player moves needed for Reds in Last Place last 5 seasons.  No pitching, but there are other problems. Half of payroll going to Votto and Bailey.  Hopefully Bell will be given chance to clean house and make major changes because Reds are all messed up. They can't spend money like New York, Boston or LA.  They can be small market team smart.  That means bringing in good players that are a bargain steal, and the Reds have picked up such players over the years.  Scooter Gennett was a bargain steal for what he did. Any team willing to trade a guy and still pay most of his contract is a steal.  Reds can't afford the opposite, as when they paid Brandon Phillips to play for Braves. There are good players at a bargain. Buy low, sell high.  The Reds need good Farm System, but they can't have The Bigs in Last Place anymore. High time Reds get out of Last Place.  This means Front Office has to be twice s smart as deep pocket teams like Yankees.  Hopefully they will let new manager Bell help take out the garbage and clean house. Reds need to not be looking for high price free agents. Instead they need to be looking for any good players on the cheap 24/7, because they are out there.  Any good player another team is willing to pay last years of his contract as he plays for Reds, MAKE THAT TRADE.   Reds short on money are also short on good players.  Front Office needs to get a million times smarter.  They have got bargains over the years in Tony Fernandez, Bo Diaz, Buddy Bell,  Mike Cameron. Jim Kaat.   It takes 25 to make a ball team, not just Votto.  The Reds need to look for the best 25 players in baseball to fit their budget this off season. This team should not have a set line-up at Christmas time.  From now to Opening Day be making player moves, and even after Opening Day.  This team needs an enema and Bell could be the guy to help clean out the colon.  I have no Fan Favorite of this Last Place team. If they dump all 25 on roster and get a new 25, that is OK by me if they get out of Last Place.  I get every Reds game, but anything on TV is better than the Last Place Reds.  I'm all for trading Votto and Bailey in a package deal to a big money team if it free's up money for 6 or more good players to be added.  The Reds need to let Bell have a say in player moves, or changing managers will not keep team out of Last Place.  New generation has no idea who Gus Bell and Buddy Bell are. The name Bell won't fill the seats, but his baseball knowledge in player moves might.

Do you really expect anyone to read this?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 01:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Do you really expect anyone to read this?

I don't know why he insists on that wall of text ? Come on Kevin it's not that hard to put a couple, three breaks in there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 06:26 PM)kevin Wrote: Reds NEEDED to do this FAST, and they did.  Bell is a good age at 46 to manage.  He has experience as a bench coach, player development, 3rd base coach, hitting coach, minor league manager experience, MLB playing experience.  Cincinnati born and relative to Gus Bell and Buddy Bell of Reds Fame.

Now I just hope they let him have some input in player moves as Sparky Anderson had and Pete Rose had and Lou Piniella had.  As others on here have said, it serves no purpose to change manager and keep the same LOUSY players.  Jack Nicholson Joker would say this team needs an enema. Major player moves needed for Reds in Last Place last 5 seasons.  No pitching, but there are other problems. Half of payroll going to Votto and Bailey.  Hopefully Bell will be given chance to clean house and make major changes because Reds are all messed up.

Reds can't spend money like New York, Boston or LA.  They can be small market team smart.  That means bringing in good players that are a bargain steal, and the Reds have picked up such players over the years.  Scooter Gennett was a bargain steal for what he did. Any team willing to trade a guy and still pay most of his contract is a steal.  Reds can't afford the opposite, as when they paid Brandon Phillips to play for Braves. There are good players at a bargain. Buy low, sell high.  The Reds need good Farm System, but they can't have The Bigs in Last Place anymore. High time Reds get out of Last Place.

This means Front Office has to be twice as smart as deep pocket teams like Yankees.  Hopefully they will let new manager Bell help take out the garbage and clean house. Reds need to not be looking for high price free agents. Instead they need to be looking for any good players on the cheap 24/7, because they are out there.  Any good player another team is willing to pay last years of his contract as he plays for Reds, MAKE THAT TRADE.   Reds short on money are also short on good players.  Front Office needs to get a million times smarter.  They have got bargains over the years in Tony Fernandez, Bo Diaz, Buddy Bell,  Mike Cameron. Jim Kaat.   It takes 25 to make a ball team, not just Votto.  The Reds need to look for the best 25 players in baseball to fit their budget this off season. This team should not have a set line-up at Christmas time.

From now to Opening Day be making player moves, and even after Opening Day.  This team needs an enema and Bell could be the guy to help clean out the colon.  I have no Fan Favorite of this Last Place team. If they dump all 25 on roster and get a new 25, that is OK by me if they get out of Last Place.  I get every Reds game, but anything on TV is better than the Last Place Reds.  I'm all for trading Votto and Bailey in a package deal to a big money team if it free's up money for 6 or more good players to be added.  The Reds need to let Bell have a say in player moves, or changing managers will not keep team out of Last Place.  New generation has no idea who Gus Bell and Buddy Bell are. The name Bell won't fill the seats, but his baseball knowledge in player moves might.
Adding spaces easy enough. Reds getting out of last place they've been in for many years will be harder. They have nothing to lose by letting new manager have big hand in player moves. Again, since team as is will be in last place 5 more years without major changes.  Once Reds unloaded payrolls of Griffey Jr, Dunn, EE, they became a very good team. Now they have other payrolls weighing the small market Reds down.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote