Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
David Decastro released
Bengals should definitely take a look
Reply/Quote
There is a rumor his ankle is being evaluated again after having surgery on it last year. The only thing I can think is that maybe he is going to need another surgery on it and miss substantial time? If he can pass a physical then he should definitely be in play, but something seems off here as you don't decide 3 new starting O line aren't enough let's add a 4th in front of our aging and often hurt QB.
Reply/Quote
Even with the ankle, they should pursue him. Put him on PUP list and get him healthy for the playoff run right!

We did just read this bum ankle script with AJ Green, but hopefully it's a cap casualty and the Bengals sign him to silence the protect Burrow crowd (myself included).

It would finally settle the offseason as great.

edit: it sounds like he is weighing retirement.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He's getting another opinion on his ankle and contemplating retirement. The dude is most likely done in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 06:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He's getting another opinion on his ankle and contemplating retirement. The dude is most likely done in the NFL.

You can’t blame him for that either.

Hell of a guard. But something like a serious ankle injury is good enough to retire from.

Good for us if true
Reply/Quote
Turned 31 in January but he is the exact Guard Free Agent we need.

DeCastro does well in the run game as a pulling guard and has a nasty streak to him.

He also knows our division rivals pretty well.

I don't know how we pass on him unless he flat out does not want to play within the division.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-David-Decastro-released?pid=1037920#pid1037920
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
We don’t need him, but it helps solidify the shittiness of Pitts line so I enjoyed the news.

I’m sure they will find some undrafted scrub to be an all pro in their referee friendly scheme anyways unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
Wow has the Steelers oline fallen off a cliff. Quite refreshing. Hopefully it takes some time for them to rebuild.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 07:24 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Turned 31 in January but he is the exact Guard Free Agent we need.

DeCastro does well in the run game as a pulling guard and has a nasty streak to him.

He also knows our division rivals pretty well.

I don't know how we pass on him unless he flat out does not want to play within the division.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?  Dude had surgery a year ago, it didn't completely fix the problem.  He was contemplating retirement.  He's made good money, no reason not to call it a career, and get healthy enough to enjoy the rest of his life.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 08:04 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Wow has the Steelers oline fallen off a cliff. Quite refreshing. Hopefully it takes some time for them to rebuild.

Remember when there line was so horrible Ben was getting drilled almost every pass play? He was still winning games but he was young and could absorb the damage.

Now he’s 80, and can’t handle the hits nearly as well. Should be an interesting season for the Steelers
Reply/Quote
The Steelers had every reason to not release David DeCastro because they did means something is up and likely serious.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 08:32 PM)Synric Wrote: The Steelers had every reason to not release David DeCastro because they did means something is up and likely serious.

Well, they are now only $7 mil under the cap after his $3.5 mil savings, so that may have been a factor.  

I don't know that he's a fit here because he is a career RG and I doubt they sign him to put Carman on the bench.  His play has also fallen off a lot the past few years.  I think he will retire or chase a ring with a front runner.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 08:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, they are now only $7 mil under the cap after his $3.5 mil savings, so that may have been a factor.  

I don't know that he's a fit here because he is a career RG and I doubt they sign him to put Carman on the bench.  His play has also fallen off a lot the past few years.  I think he will retire or chase a ring with a front runner.

Chiefs will prob find a way to sign him. Those dudes are serious lol.
Reply/Quote
and as expected Turner signs with Steelers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Maybe he wouldn't get vaccinated. The Steelers are big on that.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
DeCastro has bone spurs in his ankle and has said he will need more surgery to remove him. He won’t be playing any place this season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 08:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Chiefs will prob find a way to sign him. Those dudes are serious lol.

Chiefs just purged their line of players exactly like DeCastro.  Former big names who are now hampered by injury issues.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2021, 08:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, they are now only $7 mil under the cap after his $3.5 mil savings, so that may have been a factor.  

With DeCastro's age, he would likely be a stopgap. Carman then wouldn't have to be thrust into a starting role, allowing him more time to develop if needed, as he really hadn't played much G. It could also allow for Carman to start at LG and have both Spain and XSF as the backups.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31702330/pittsburgh-steelers-release-guard-david-decastro-six-pro-bowl-selection

I was sure I would see the "sign Decastro" threads long before I posted this.
Reply/Quote