Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Njoku wants out
Njoku has requested a trade from Cleveland. Can't say I blame him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-tight-end-david-njoku-requests-trade-agent-says-its-in-best-interest-to-find-a-new-team/?fbclid=IwAR3yrki6nFDsHgV6-g-3oyVQain9MuTQHjQnAPg9zfDRNB-j1FeVvvn7EfY
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
PFT is reporting that the Cowboys might be interested in a deal...

EDIT: Now they are reporting they are not interested
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you were the Tobin, would you consider him?  In my opinion, the TE group would definitely become above average, if the Bengals traded for him.  Uzomah, Sample and Njoku would be a pretty decent TE group.  Maybe give up a 3rd or 4th round pick for him?
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2020, 09:59 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: If you were the Tobin, would you consider him?  In my opinion, the TE group would definitely become above average, if the Bengals traded for him.  Uzomah, Sample and Njoku would be a pretty decent TE group.  Maybe give up a 3rd or 4th round pick for him?

I certainly would get him for a fourth round pick.
Reply/Quote
Not worth it.

A poor man's Gresh; we can draft that nexf year if we really want.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2020, 11:34 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not worth it.

A poor man's Gresh; we can draft that nexf year if we really want.

Not worth what? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I’d be interested if the price is right. TE is easily our worst position group atm.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't give up more than a 4th round pick for him.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2020, 10:01 AM)hollodero Wrote: I certainly would get him for a fourth round pick.

(07-05-2020, 06:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d be interested if the price is right. TE is easily our worst position group atm.

(07-05-2020, 09:38 AM)magikod Wrote: I wouldn't give up more than a 4th round pick for him.

I read somewhere that their goal would be an impact player in exchange for Njoku and the Browns 2021 2nd round pick.

I don't see where we would be interested in dealing an impact player to a division rival.

Hell, even if they were only asking for a 4th rounder, I don't see them making that deal in the division with such a young player that has the potential to turn it around.

Regardless, it sounds as if he has been nothing but a headache in Cleveland since day one, so I would pass on that kind of attitude problem.
Reply/Quote
I find this humorous only because they always talk about Njoku like he is the cherry on top of their ‘amazing’ offense down there in Cleveland. Still confused how a team with ‘so many weapons’ didnt show up last year...

The lowly Bengals defense even made Baker look like a chump.
Reply/Quote
Great point on them not trading within the division. A more established front office and coaching staff might but Cleveland doesn't have that kind of organizational stability. It could cost someone his job if Njoku developed for a rival.
Reply/Quote
New England will get him for half of a bag of Granny Goose chips. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2020, 09:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I find this humorous only because they always talk about Njoku like he is the cherry on top of their ‘amazing’ offense down there in Cleveland. Still confused how a team with ‘so many weapons’ didnt show up last year...

The lowly Bengals defense even made Baker look like a chump.

The real weakness on the Browns is behind Center. 
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2020, 09:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: The real weakness on the Browns is behind Center. 

He sucked last year (especially all the INT’s), but that’s still a pretty hot take. Mayfield is one of the reasons the Browns are even halfway relevant again, and haven’t been a last place team since he got there.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 02:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He sucked last year (especially all the INT’s), but that’s still a pretty hot take. Mayfield is one of the reasons the Browns are even halfway relevant again, and haven’t been a last place team since he got there.

We get a lot of credit for that, too...
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 02:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He sucked last year (especially all the INT’s), but that’s still a pretty hot take. Mayfield is one of the reasons the Browns are even halfway relevant again, and haven’t been a last place team since he got there.

Is Mayfield also the reason that they weren't able to accomplish much, much more with that huge collection of talent that they put around him?  Serious question, as the Browns roster has been absolutely loaded with talent and high draft picks.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is Mayfield also the reason that they weren't able to accomplish much, much more with that huge collection of talent that they put around him?  Serious question, as the Browns roster has been absolutely loaded with talent and high draft picks.

Like I said, he was not good last year, but “the” problem? Not even close. Coaching and OL were far bigger issues for them. Sounds familiar...

Reply/Quote