Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Ojabo
Saw he was hurt during pro day. After we sign Collins, all our needs are met. If he falls to round 2, do we draft him to recover and let us have a 1st round talent for cheap?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we sign Collins, I think the choice will be CB, S, or DT. It would be great to have Ojabo, but I keep thinking of having Ossai also.
Reply/Quote
David Ojabo is a potential top 10 edge rusher. If this injury causes him to slide to 31 it's because he will miss a chunk of his rookie season.

If he's there I'm all for taking him situation would remind me of Jeffery Simmons.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Just reported a few minutes ago that Ojabo has torn his Achilles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This sucks for Ojabo.

It also sucks for us, as he was a surefire first rounder. Everybody moves up a spot. Less chance os a stud falling to us.

If we sign Collins, LG is still an issue (not sold on Carman, Spain has issues if re-signed).

1. #31. CB, S, IOL, DT. BPA who drops.

Once we get to round 2, TE comes into play. C at Rd 3 & beyond.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Just reported a few minutes ago that Ojabo has torn his Achilles.

He will likely be back half way through the season. It does push him down draft boards but I don't know how far. He is a potential top 10 talent edge defender hard to say no too at #31.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 01:38 PM)Synric Wrote: He will likely be back half way through the season. It does push him down draft boards but I don't know how far. He is a potential top 10 talent edge defender hard to say no too at #31.

The same thing happened with Sidney Jones a few years ago, tearing an Achilles at his pro day. He was also thought of as a sure-fire 1st rounder pre-injury and fell to 43 overall. Some precedent here if Bengals trade back. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Just reported a few minutes ago that Ojabo has torn his Achilles.

Just absolutely brutal luck for the kid. If he does go from 6-10 to 31, he just went from (2021 numbers) $20-27m with a $12-17m signing bonus to $11.3m with a $5.6m signing bonus. If he copies Sidney Jones' fall like Schmit mentioned, 43 got $7.9m and a $3.1m signing bonus.

He should still get real money, but that's the difference between being wealthy and having generational wealth just from one bad step or whatever.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:49 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just absolutely brutal luck for the kid. If he does go from 6-10 to 31, he just went from (2021 numbers) $20-27m with a $12-17m signing bonus to $11.3m with a $5.6m signing bonus. If he copies Sidney Jones' fall like Schmit mentioned, 43 got $7.9m and a $3.1m signing bonus.

He should still get real money, but that's the difference between being wealthy and having generational wealth just from one bad step or whatever.

To be honest, earning money does not mean wealth.. what you do with that money you earn does though.  Hopefully he can bounce back, and if he understands investment, can he still have a very comfortable nest egg even with a short career
Reply/Quote

Wtf is wrong with these people?

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 02:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Wtf is wrong with these people?

Before anything I say, that’s terrible and every person there should have came to help him. He’s still a kid elite talent or not.

But from a business point, they have however many kids to run those drills and each have earned there time on that drill in front of all those scouts and coaches. It’s unbelievably heartless, but it’s how they have to treat it.

If we pick him, I hope he blows up for us when he’s healthy. Hell I hope he blows up period.
Reply/Quote
That's such a bummer for Ojabo. Achilles are wayyyyyy worse to come back from than knee and ankle stuff. I'd say wait till 3rd round and sure. What a talent, but can't guarantee being the same.
Reply/Quote
Playing devils advocate. I know the optics are bad of the coaches around him, but how often do opposing coaches run up to an injured player on the opposite team? Seems that it's more on the Xichigan coaches and training staff to run up to him.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:26 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Playing devils advocate. I know the optics are bad of the coaches around him, but how often do opposing coaches run up to an injured player on the opposite team? Seems that it's more on the Xichigan's coaches and training staff to run up to him.

It’s called being a decent human being. I’ve been seeing a bunch of NFL players absolutely blasting them for this, and rightfully so.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s called being a decent human being. I’ve been seeing a bunch of NFL players absolutely blasting them for this, and rightfully so.

I don't think they are supposed to move over to them. They cannot get in the way of the medical team . We see it during the games on Sundays players walk away from the injured guy until the medical team gets there then will dare to get closer. 

Reply/Quote
That sucks for Ojabo, still would be for taking him, elite talent and an edge rusher.

Should be ready to play mid season and we got Ossai in the meantime hopefully.

The Collins signing makes this even possible as well as Linderbaum or another Defender like Wyatt, Jones, Mafe, Elam, Booth etc.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:18 AM)Synric Wrote: I don't think they are supposed to move over to them. They cannot get in the way of the medical team . We see it during the games on Sundays players walk away from the injured guy until the medical team gets there then will dare to get closer. 

Then wave over help. They did literally nothing.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 09:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Then wave over help. They did literally nothing.

Yeah, made me a little ashamed of my fellow human beings but that is normal for me now a days lol
Reply/Quote
It's reasonably believable that he could be a steal at 31.  We've seen some players bounce back from achilles injuries in this era of modern medicine.  I wonder if IR designated to return process would work for something like this?  Or would they have to use the NFI list for an entire year?
Reply/Quote
Seeing some mocks now with us drafting Ojabo.... as much as I'd like to swing at a potential starter it may be tough to pass on this type of talent even if we have to wait a while
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote