Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
David Weiss designated as a Special Counsel
Hunter's case will get Weiss as a special counsel as announced by Merrick Garland today. What this essentially does is put a stop to Congress going crazy with their own investigation

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
As a Pittsburgher, I feel like David Weiss was an appliance store from the 80s...I'm getting nostalgia vibes now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Appoint the prosecutor that wanted to let Hunter off on federal charges and make him the special counsel to investigate Hunter ?
Reply/Quote
This is the guy whose plea deal for Hunter got tossed by the judge, right?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 01:22 PM)pally Wrote: Hunter's case will get Weiss as a special counsel as announced by Merrick Garland today.  What this essentially does is put a stop to Congress going crazy with their own investigation

Sadly, the D.O.J is interfering with a congressional investigation. You are correct,  more protection by the D.O.J. and Garland  is given theBide family.

I have a hunch America will see this for what it is, a sham investigation by the the same prosecutor who attempted to give amnesty for HB crimes that others spent years in prison. Look around, majority who received the tough sentences were black. Our Democratic D.O.J. is racist.

If Garland wanted a real investigation into Joe Biden bribery accusations (for 1023 in 2019 taken by the F.B.I.), he would have gone outside and not named the prosecutor in joe Biden's home state. It all wreaks of more cover up.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 02:11 PM)Goalpost Wrote: This is the guy whose plea deal for Hunter got tossed by the judge, right?

Weiss is the same guy that told one of the whistleblowers and 5 others he did not have the power to prosecute HB in California and D.C. But Garland lied and said he had all the power.

Simple question, if he had all the power, why did he let serious IRS violations expire? Simple, Garland should be impeached immediately, he lied when he said he had special counsel powers. He lied under oath to Congress. Send this guy packing.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Man, these guys don't even try to hide the corruption anymore.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 02:11 PM)Goalpost Wrote: This is the guy whose plea deal for Hunter got tossed by the judge, right?

Yeah, he really puts the "special" in Special Counsel

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I can't believe Garland would do this!!

To put a Trump pick in charge of the Biden investigation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_C._Weiss

Quote:David Charles Weiss (born 1956) is an American attorney. He was nominated by Donald Trump to be the United States Attorney for the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, and has served in that office since February 22, 2018.[1]

Career[edit]

Weiss received his bachelor's degree from Washington University in St. Louis and his Juris Doctor degree from Widener University School of Law.[2] He clerked for Justice Andrew D. Christie of the Delaware Supreme Court. He then served as an assistant United States Attorney in Delaware from 1986 to 1989, prosecuting violent crimes and white-collar criminal offenses. Leaving the U.S. Attorney's office, he worked as a commercial litigation associate and partner at the Duane Morris firm and as an executive at a financial services firm.[3][4] He returned to the Delaware U.S. Attorney's office as First Assistant U.S. Attorney in 2007.[2]

Weiss was serving as acting U.S. Attorney for Delaware when he was nominated to the permanent position by then-president Donald Trump. On February 15, 2018, his nomination to be the United States Attorney was confirmed by the Senate by voice vote. He was sworn in on February 22, 2018.[2]

Witch hunt!  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Wait?!?  Garland did what the gop WANTED?!?!

What kind of trickery is this?!?!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">here's 33 Senate Republicans calling for Weiss to be named special counsel in the Hunter Biden case less than a year ago <a href="https://t.co/KpaShHAQKd">https://t.co/KpaShHAQKd</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) <a href="https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1690087674944610304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 11, 2023</a></blockquote> 
[Image: F3RmdgKXoAItY5k?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: F3RmdgMWEAACA9m?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: F3RmdgMW0AAt4wQ?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
https://www.factcheck.org/2023/07/trump-appointed-weiss-with-democrats-blessing/

So the appointment of Weiss had both parties in the mix.. Initially referred by two Democratic Senators where Republican Trump then approved.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 06:00 PM)Goalpost Wrote: https://www.factcheck.org/2023/07/trump-appointed-weiss-with-democrats-blessing/

So the appointment of Weiss had both parties in the mix..   Initially referred by two Democratic Senators where Republican Trump then approved.

why do you think Biden kept a registered Republican Trump appointee when he took office? 
Reply/Quote
MAGA folks: Why isn't the prosecutor on the Hunter Biden case a special prosecutor with power to bring charges?! He is being prevented from doing his job!

Weiss: Actually, I never asked for the authority but I was told if I wanted it, I could have it.

Garland: Yep, if he would ask, we would likely grant it.

Weiss: *asks to be special counsel*

Garland: *appoints Weiss as special counsel, giving him more authority*

MAGA: OMG! Such corruption!!!1!11one!!!

One thing is for certain, this appointment is just all about justice being done as it should be because we know for sure that there is a segment of the population that would not be happy no matter what happened. Shit, Hunter could be found guilty of multiple felonies in a trial overseen by a Biden appointed judge and there are people on this board that would just call Biden senile and/or weak for not pardoning his son.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 07:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: MAGA folks: Why isn't the prosecutor on the Hunter Biden case a special prosecutor with power to bring charges?! He is being prevented from doing his job!

Weiss: Actually, I never asked for the authority but I was told if I wanted it, I could have it.

Garland: Yep, if he would ask, we would likely grant it.

Weiss: *asks to be special counsel*

Garland: *appoints Weiss as special counsel, giving him more authority*

MAGA: OMG! Such corruption!!!1!11one!!!

One thing is for certain, this appointment is just all about justice being done as it should be because we know for sure that there is a segment of the population that would not be happy no matter what happened. Shit, Hunter could be found guilty of multiple felonies in a trial overseen by a Biden appointed judge and there are people on this board that would just call Biden senile and/or weak for not pardoning his son.

Isn't it indeed a bit weird though that a guy who already negotiated a plea deal that got tossed out by a judge now gets to be special council in this matter? I do not understand much of the politics and mechanisms behind it, bt it seems a bit strange to me, just on first glance.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 04:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: I can't believe Garland would do this!!

To put a Trump pick in charge of the Biden investigation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_C._Weiss

Witch hunt!  Ninja

Next level shit for Trump to appoint this guy in order to get him onto the Hunter Biden case.  He saw into the future, and he knew that appointing Weiss would be the distraction he needed whilst in the middle of his own legal issues.  

He's a god damned idiot savant.  Let's just admit it.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As a Pittsburgher, I feel like David Weiss was an appliance store from the 80s...I'm getting nostalgia vibes now.

Lololololol!!!!

Yep! Can't get that jingle out of my head. 

"At David Weiss, your Christmas Store"

A side note...back in the late 80s/early 1990s, I was all over a girl who claimed to be his grand daughter. Not sure if she was BS'ing but she did ride me around in her Mercedes SL convertible....in high school, so she may have been legitimate. I treated her pretty badly and I feel bad for it now. I was a dick. 
Reply/Quote
Back in June the big story was the IRS whistle blower who claimed the DOJ obstructed the investigation and prevented Weiss from being named special council.

Now the GOP has their trump appointed prosecutor given special council privileges and what does the GOP do? Cry some more of course.

I don’t have any kids. I guess this is what it’s like dealing with a spoiled rotten kid?

The guy was a trump appointee. So yes. Chances are he has some major flaws and is possibly corrupt.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 12:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Back in June the big story was the IRS whistle blower who claimed the DOJ obstructed the investigation  and prevented Weiss from being named special council.

Now the GOP has their trump appointed prosecutor given special council privileges and what does the GOP do? Cry some more of course.

I don’t have any kids. I guess this is what it’s like dealing with a spoiled rotten kid?

The guy was a trump appointee. So yes. Chances are he has some major flaws and is possibly corrupt.

The GOP is odd.  

They've put a great deal of effort into accusations against democratic boogeymen over the last 30 years.  The returns have been meager at best, thus making their responses consistently appear to be reactionary.  

It's gotta be tough watching the kinds of punches they've failed to land vs dems hit Trump squarely in his fat, distended gut repeatedly.  
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 08:19 PM)hollodero Wrote: Isn't it indeed a bit weird though that a guy who already negotiated a plea deal that got tossed out by a judge now gets to be special council in this matter? I do not understand much of the politics and mechanisms behind it, bt it seems a bit strange to me, just on first glance.

To be honest, the plea deal wasn't tossed. It was put on hold as the judge requested some more information from both sides. There were some unusual circumstances with it that the judge had questions about.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 09:15 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: To be honest, the plea deal wasn't tossed. It was put on hold as the judge requested some more information from both sides. There were some unusual circumstances with it that the judge had questions about.

What were the unusual circumstances?
Reply/Quote