Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
David Weiss designated as a Special Counsel
David Weiss has proven that his only intention is to immunize Hunter Biden with the lowest possible charges and shield any evidence from implicating Joe Biden.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 09:26 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: What were the unusual circumstances?

From my understanding, there was misunderstanding between the two parties about the scope of the deal. In addition, the prosecution said during the hearing over the agreement that there was still an ongoing investigation into Hunter Biden, which caused some consternation. The judge declined to approve the plea deal and told them to go back to refine and clarify things. I think the Biden team was thinking it was more of a sweetheart deal (along with the media) than what the prosecution was saying it was.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 10:20 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: David Weiss has proven that his only intention is to immunize Hunter Biden with the lowest possible charges and shield any evidence from implicating Joe Biden.

There is zero evidence to support this, but that has never stopped some folks from making these claims.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Weiss has slow-walked the criminal investigation for years, allowed the statute of limitations to expire on key charges, let Hunter Biden escape from taxes he owed on foreign income, pro-posed to give him an unprecedented sweetheart deal and told IRS investigators they would not pursue any leads, however credible, that might lead to “the Big Guy” Joe Biden. That about cover it?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 10:39 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: From my understanding, there was misunderstanding between the two parties about the scope of the deal. In addition, the prosecution said during the hearing over the agreement that there was still an ongoing investigation into Hunter Biden, which caused some consternation. The judge declined to approve the plea deal and told them to go back to refine and clarify things. I think the Biden team was thinking it was more of a sweetheart deal (along with the media) than what the prosecution was saying it was.

Apologies Bel, help me out. Do you have the parties switched in that last sentence? Why would the Biden team, and media for that matter think it was a sweetheart deal? Wouldn’t they want to downplay how sweet it potentially was?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 11:15 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Apologies Bel, help me out. Do you have the parties switched in that last sentence? Why would the Biden team, and media for that matter think it was a sweetheart deal? Wouldn’t they want to downplay how sweet it potentially was?

I do not. The Biden team thought the deal was more comprehensive than the prosecution was intending so they thought it was a better deal than it really was.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 11:15 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Apologies Bel, help me out. Do you have the parties switched in that last sentence? Why would the Biden team, and media for that matter think it was a sweetheart deal? Wouldn’t they want to downplay how sweet it potentially was?

I think his point is that they perceived it differently than it actually was, not that they publicly proclaimed it as a sweetheart deal.  You are correct that they'd never publicly make such a statement, regardless of how lenient the deal was.  
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 10:56 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Weiss has slow-walked the criminal investigation for years, allowed the statute of limitations to expire on key charges,

Evidence of this?

(08-12-2023, 10:56 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: let Hunter Biden escape from taxes he owed on foreign income,

I thought that Hunter had paid the taxes on the income, did he not? Do we have further details on this?

(08-12-2023, 10:56 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: pro-posed to give him an unprecedented sweetheart deal

It really wasn't unprecedented.

(08-12-2023, 10:56 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: and told IRS investigators they would not pursue any leads, however credible, that might lead to “the Big Guy” Joe Biden. That about cover it?

Actually, this is just a right-wing talking point that there is no real evidence of.

Reply/Quote
Can anyone name ONE thing Merrick Garland has done as AG that wasn't blatantly partisan, or downright retributive?

Thanks goodness (& Mitch) he didn't get a seat on the supreme court.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 11:16 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I do not. The Biden team thought the deal was more comprehensive than the prosecution was intending so they thought it was a better deal than it really was.

(08-12-2023, 11:18 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think his point is that they perceived it differently than it actually was, not that they publicly proclaimed it as a sweetheart deal.  You are correct that they'd never publicly make such a statement, regardless of how lenient the deal was.  

Understood, thanks for the clarification.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 11:28 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Can anyone name ONE thing Merrick Garland has done as AG that wasn't blatantly partisan, or downright retributive?

Man, Garland has been anything but partisan. It's amazing to think that someone running an independent and law abiding DOJ would be such a reversal that it would be considered partisan. I actually get frustrated with Garland because he is so cautiously even-keeled on things.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 11:28 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Can anyone name ONE thing Merrick Garland has done as AG that wasn't blatantly partisan, or downright retributive?

Well a quick google search.

And it was nothing but partisan retribution like you say going after the poor little gop people who are always helpless victims being unfairly targeted.

I saw the DOJ investigating and charging stuff like:
Pandemic relief fraud
Sinola cartel
Iranians
Health care fraud

And I made through like half the first page of search results.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 11:32 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Man, Garland has been anything but partisan. It's amazing to think that someone running an independent and law abiding DOJ would be such a reversal that it would be considered partisan. I actually get frustrated with Garland because he is so cautiously even-keeled on things.

Now you sound like my mom!  LOL!

She HATES that Garland didn't take office and then immediately start going after Trump and thrown him in jail.  Or that he's allowing the Hunter Biden stuff to continue so it all over the news.

The man is doing his job in an apparent fair manner.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 12:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Now you sound like my mom!  LOL!

She HATES that Garland didn't take office and then immediately start going after Trump and thrown him in jail.  Or that he's allowing the Hunter Biden stuff to continue so it all over the news.

The man is doing his job in an apparent fair manner.

I don't knock him for that, and I will be honest and say that my frustrations are about me wanting him to just throw the book at so many people, including Hunter Biden for what it's worth.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 12:04 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well a quick google search.

And it was nothing but partisan retribution like you say going after the poor little gop people who are always helpless victims being unfairly targeted.

I saw the DOJ investigating and charging stuff like:
Pandemic relief fraud
Sinola cartel
Iranians
Health care fraud

And I made through like half the first page of search results.

I'm fine with going after GOP people/crimes. But I also would like to see the same fervor applied when it comes to this case.

Follow that money.

They will find evidence if Joe is guilty, which he almost certainly is.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2023, 12:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't knock him for that, and I will be honest and say that my frustrations are about me wanting him to just throw the book at so many people, including Hunter Biden for what it's worth.

I'm with you that I'd rather things be done swiftly so they stop being talking points for either side.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote