Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dawgs eating Dawgs
https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1949363/gonew/1/will-watson-be-the-browns-starting-qb-this-season#UNREAD

The Dawgs are turning on each other over the D Watson fiasco. It's delicious to watch. Most think Watson won't play this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Things aren't looking good for Watson playing this season. The Browns are just a very hot mess.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 09:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Things aren't looking good for Watson playing this season. The Browns are just a very hot mess.

We were all laughing at him at the pool today.

How stupid can you be to do that with that many women?

I hope he gets banned for multiple years or life and the Browns just end up in salary cap hell for giving him 230,000,000 guaranteed.

I'm hearing that a new woman coming forward might give them an out, which would ruin my mood.

I realize that teams can push money into future years and spread out signing bonuses over the length of the contract, but won't they eventually be in salary cap hell?
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 12:23 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: We were all laughing at him at the pool today.

How stupid can you be to do that with that many women?

I hope he gets banned for multiple years or life and the Browns just end up in salary cap hell for giving him 230,000,000 guaranteed.

I'm hearing that a new woman coming forward might give them an out, which would ruin my mood.

I realize that teams can push money into future years and spread out signing bonuses over the length of the contract, but won't they eventually be in salary cap hell?

Quote:I hope he gets banned for multiple years or life and the Browns just end up in salary cap hell for giving him 230,000,000 guaranteed.
Not to mention the picks they gave up to get him. 
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 12:58 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Not to mention the picks they gave up to get him. 

I forgot about that  Hilarious

I'm PRAYING this trade holds up and the Browns end up screwed!
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 01:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I forgot about that  Hilarious

Amen Smirk
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 12:58 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Not to mention the picks they gave up to get him. 

(06-10-2022, 01:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I forgot about that  Hilarious

Why wouldn't the trade hold up?  Were there conditions in the trade related to it being voided if he never plays or doesn't play for a couple years?  If they Texans allowed things like that in the trade clause, they'd be idiots.  I haven't anything in regard to something liek that being discussed here in Houston.  

Also, a couple of the picks have already been used.....
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 01:42 PM)Stewy Wrote: Why wouldn't the trade hold up?  Were there conditions in the trade related to it being voided if he never plays or doesn't play for a couple years?  If they Texans allowed things like that in the trade clause, they'd be idiots.  I haven't anything in regard to something liek that being discussed here in Houston.  

Link to Houston SportsMap, which also owns the local ESPN sports radio, the top 5 articles are all about Deshaun and none of them discuss the trade falling through.

https://houston.sportsmap.com/nfl/
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 01:42 PM)Stewy Wrote: Why wouldn't the trade hold up?  Were there conditions in the trade related to it being voided if he never plays or doesn't play for a couple years?  If they Texans allowed things like that in the trade clause, they'd be idiots.  I haven't anything in regard to something liek that being discussed here in Houston.  

I saw something about the new woman or women coming forward making it possible for them to get out because of more suspension. I don't know if that's true or even possible, but just what I saw.

Doesn't seem possible because what's one more woman of, what, 65? But just what I saw.
Reply/Quote
Just think if Watson gets a year suspension. That would be two years of not playing. I heard someone on a talk show, maybe Cincy 360, point out that after that much time off he would have a hard time catching back up to the speed of NFL defenders.
Reply/Quote
^ Colin Kaepernick just got a job w the Raiders …is older….and was never as talented.

Big picture:
Sadly, in the NFL, you can beat a woman, on camera, for the public to watch in horror ……and even drag her beaten body across the floor at times …and get a slap on the wrist.

Watson playing will turn some off, but due to his talent also means BIG MONEY for the NFL and Goodell is a business man. Also sadly, most people just care about W & L > values.

I’d be shocked even at this point as bad things are, he gets a year.

Me thinks 6 games. Pathetic but true.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 03:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: ^ Colin Kaepernick just got a job w the Raiders …is older….and was never as talented.

Big picture:
Sadly, in the NFL, you can beat a woman, on camera, for the public to watch in horror ……and even drag her beaten body across the floor at times …and get a slap on the wrist.

Watson playing will turn some off, but due to his talent also means BIG MONEY for the NFL and Goodell is a business man. Also sadly, most people just care about W & L > values.

I’d be shocked even at this point as bad things are, he gets a year.

Me thinks 6 games. Pathetic but true.

A lot has changed since Ray Rice beat his fiancé. Trevor Bauer got two years for his dirty deeds. Goodell may not want to be one upped by Manfred. And remember Bauer is a recent Cy Young Award winner.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 08:37 PM)BengalRed Wrote: https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1949363/gonew/1/will-watson-be-the-browns-starting-qb-this-season#UNREAD

The Dawgs are turning on each other over the D Watson fiasco. It's delicious to watch. Most think Watson won't play this season.

Browns are only paying him around 1 million this season. If he doesn't play, he's not missing out on money. Slimy but smart move by the Browns to cheat the hurt of a possible suspension.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2022, 10:27 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Browns are only paying him around 1 million this season. If he doesn't play, he's not missing out on money. Slimy but smart move by the Browns to cheat the hurt of a possible suspension.

Good point. 
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2022, 10:27 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Browns are only paying him around 1 million this season. If he doesn't play, he's not missing out on money. Slimy but smart move by the Browns to cheat the hurt of a possible suspension.

One approach - especially with 2 new allegations - is for Watson to go on the exempt list this year while the NFL buys time to investigate the new allegations. He would get his $1 million salary even while exempt. Then he gets his actual suspension without pay for 2023. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2022, 02:11 PM)6andcounting Wrote: One approach - especially with 2 new allegations - is for Watson to go on the exempt list this year while the NFL buys time to investigate the new allegations. He would get his $1 million salary even while exempt. Then he gets his actual suspension without pay for 2023. 

I've been saying this for months in other Watson threads.  As soon as his new contract came out, it was my prediction that he'd go on the exempt list and then get suspended in 2023.  Also the owners have to deal with the example set by MLB with Trevor Bauer.  So it is possible that Watson goes Exempt in 2022, then gets TWO YEARS of suspension and possibly not see the field until 2025.  Even with appeal, he may not see the field until 2024.

That contract and the whole Watson mess is a complete embarrassment to the NFL to Goodell and it being 100% guaranteed is a violation of the owners "Bro Code", because it's sets a precedent they don't want to have to deal with it.  So these suppositions others have that the NFL wants it's star players on the field, is just bogus in this situation.  Firstly, Browns fans sell out every game anyway; secondly, the Browns don't draw more eyes to the TV, with or without Watson; Lastly,  best way for the other owners to NOT have to deal with the contract is t make sure Watson never sees the field, thus making the contract and Watson situation cancerous instead of an example.

In the end, this will send a message loud and clear to the other owners......don't break the "Bro Code" and give out dumb ass contracts just to win.  This is on top of the NFL owners not wanting back lash by not appearing tough on sexual assault, per MLB's suspension of Bauer.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2022, 05:35 PM)Stewy Wrote: I've been saying this for months in other Watson threads.  As soon as his new contract came out, it was my prediction that he'd go on the exempt list and then get suspended in 2023.  Also the owners have to deal with the example set by MLB with Trevor Bauer.  So it is possible that Watson goes Exempt in 2022, then gets TWO YEARS of suspension and possibly not see the field until 2025.  Even with appeal, he may not see the field until 2024.

That contract and the whole Watson mess is a complete embarrassment to the NFL to Goodell and it being 100% guaranteed is a violation of the owners "Bro Code", because it's sets a precedent they don't want to have to deal with it.  So these suppositions others have that the NFL wants it's star players on the field, is just bogus in this situation.  Firstly, Browns fans sell out every game anyway; secondly, the Browns don't draw more eyes to the TV, with or without Watson; Lastly,  best way for the other owners to NOT have to deal with the contract is t make sure Watson never sees the field, thus making the contract and Watson situation cancerous instead of an example.

In the end, this will send a message loud and clear to the other owners......don't break the "Bro Code" and give out dumb ass contracts just to win.  This is on top of the NFL owners not wanting back lash by not appearing tough on sexual assault, per MLB's suspension of Bauer.

I mean why not just perma ban him (ala Roy Tarpley) from the NFL. There is precedence for such a thing. These same owners just kept Kaepernick outta the league for 5 years. If Watson damaged human lives, then he deserves more than that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
^ Great point
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2022, 02:11 PM)6andcounting Wrote: One approach - especially with 2 new allegations - is for Watson to go on the exempt list this year while the NFL buys time to investigate the new allegations. He would get his $1 million salary even while exempt. Then he gets his actual suspension without pay for 2023. 

Im gonna guess Watson never plays another NFL game.   And the Browns wont be able to get another Quality QB for less than 50 mil a year. cause who the hell would go there after what they did to baker. for less.
Reply/Quote
You'd think the Stains are rooting for the league to kick him out of football at this point - it would give them a legal basis to go to court and void the contract.
Reply/Quote