Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dawgs eating Dawgs
Browns gon' Brown

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 08:38 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Im gonna guess Watson never plays another NFL game.   And the Browns wont be able to get another Quality QB for less than 50 mil a year. cause who the hell would go there after what they did to baker. for less.

No way

6-9 games (maybeee 1 year)

Down for bets if permitted lol
Reply/Quote
I think the NFL should get creative and make it clear to all teams that the b.s. pay rate to circumvent that part of the punishment should never be tried again. To do this, they should not ban him for a certain number of games, but for 75% of his total game salary dollars. He is out until enough game checks would be missed for him to have lost 75% of his paycheck $'s. Once that number of games is set, no renegotiating would be allowed to change them.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 04:16 PM)jabcnn47 Wrote: I think the NFL should get creative and make it clear to all teams that the b.s. pay rate to circumvent that part of the punishment should never be tried again.  To do this, they should not ban him for a certain number of games, but for 75% of his total game salary dollars. He is out until enough game checks would be missed for him to have lost 75% of his paycheck $'s. Once that number of games is set, no renegotiating would be allowed to change them.

I agree sooooomething should be done. Total bullshit that they can circumvent financial punishment and do it so blatantly. My guess is that the league is trying to figure out something because the optics for the Court of Public Opinion would look really bad for him to have a minimal fine.

However, you have to be considerate of how the Union would react. Im sure that the CBA has language that is pretty specific as to how much salary a player is penalized, and rightly so. You don't want a Commissioner or the governing body being able to willy-nilly fine a player. 

The NFL is in a tough spot all the way around here. 
Reply/Quote