Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dawson vs Clev
With #58 out (I'm assuming), Dawson should get some much-anticipated playing time on Thursday night. The thought of seeing Tez and PJ on the field at the same time gets me excited. WHO-DEY!

Breaking: Manziel to start.
Reply/Quote
Dawson will be active, but he probably won't see many snaps on D.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 03:56 PM)thesuicidesquad Wrote: With #58 out (I'm assuming), Dawson should get some much-anticipated playing time on Thursday night. The thought of seeing Tez and PJ on the field at the same time gets me excited. WHO-DEY!

V Rey is primary MLB backup and with Vontaze back... V Rey will play the middle. so baring another injury or early blow out i dont see many snaps for Dawson
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 03:56 PM)thesuicidesquad Wrote: With #58 out (I'm assuming), Dawson should get some much-anticipated playing time on Thursday night. The thought of seeing Tez and PJ on the field at the same time gets me excited. WHO-DEY!

If Dawson was ready to start or play a lot of time he would already be in there.  He's not  because the others are currently better than he is.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Tez, V Rey, Hawk will be our starters.... But expect Dawson to see more action.
Reply/Quote
Will Burfict end up playing the whole game?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:23 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Tez, V Rey, Hawk will be our starters.... But expect Dawson to see more action.

I would guess you will see him and Hawk rotate a bit if he does at all. 
I really want to see Vontaze and Dawson on the field at the same time
Reply/Quote
Maualuga did not practice today, either. My gut says he's out, though he's a guy who Marvin would trust to play if he can do anything at all tomorrow. But with Tez back and being able to play a full game (which they didn't quite expect) that helps the decision to rest Maualuga and activate Dawson. His primary role would be on special teams, with Lamur spelling Tez in the nickel. Hawk would play more base alongside Burfict and Rey.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:10 PM)pally Wrote: If Dawson was ready to start or play a lot of time he would already be in there.  He's not  because the others are currently better than he is.  

PJ was labeled a game player not a practice player coming out of TCU. Marvin is big on practice, so if PJ is stuggling in practice im not surprised we havent seen much of him.  Im not saying others arnt currently better, Im just excited to see him get some playing time via ST, or LB.  I think we see some of that gamer on Thursday night, even if its only a hand full of snaps. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:26 PM)McC Wrote: Will Burfict end up plying the whole game?

He played 30 snaps Sunday and came out ok (as far as we know). One can assume he'll play most of the snaps.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:26 PM)McC Wrote: Will Burfict end up playing the whole game?

Lets hope not, need to slowly acclimate him back, especially on a short week
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Manziel will start? This will be an interesting game. Hartline is out, and Haden/Whitner are also out. As tough as the Browns normally play, I can't see their odds of winning being very high now even with a few fluke TDs.

I really can't imagine what a Burfict sack on Manziel would look like. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:31 PM)thesuicidesquad Wrote: PJ was labeled a game player not a practice player coming out of TCU. Marvin is big on practice, so if PJ is stuggling in practice im not surprised we havent seen much of him.  Im not saying others arnt currently better, Im just excited to see him get some playing time via ST, or LB.  I think we see some of that gamer on Thursday night, even if its only a hand full of snaps. 

If PJ could get 10-15 snaps in Thursday, it might give the coaching staff an opportunity to see him in an extended series.  Having said that, they do watch practice as well and PJ hasn't seen very much on defense sense he was burned earlier in the season.   I mentioned once that Nico Johnson was also a 99th pick in the 2013 draft, but my more experienced "posters" shot me down and said that I was comparing apples to oranges.  Yet, IMO, PJ's playing time is going down the same road as Nico's when he was at KC. 

So, I am hoping to see more of PJ to prove myself wrong.  In the words of Austin Power's.  "Allow myself to introduce myself".  Go Bengals!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:26 PM)McC Wrote: Will Burfict end up playing the whole game?

No.  He won't play in the nickle package.

Vinny Rey played 100% of the snaps before Burfict returned.  If Dawson was ready to play at all he would have at least seen a few snaps in relief of Vinny.

It id way too early to say Dawson won't develop into a good player, but he is obviously not there yet.  I am thinking it is more of a mental issue than him lacking physical ability.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:10 PM)pally Wrote: If Dawson was ready to start or play a lot of time he would already be in there.  He's not  because the others are currently better than he is.  

Under the Marvin Lewis regime having a veteran get more playing time than a more talented player who happens to have less experience is not something new. Marvin himself has even commented in the past about how he wished he had gotten younger players a little more experience. I understand you want to build them up, but our LB play hasnt exactly been stellar. Giving Dawson some of Hawks snaps or letting Rey take a breather every once in awhile could be the experience Dawson needs to be able to make an impact later this year. 

Hopefully we come out on fire and build a huge lead and then we are able to get guys like Fisher, Dawson, Kroft, Shaw, and Derron some good real game experience.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:00 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dawson will be active, but he probably won't see many snaps on D.

burfict was not suppose to get a lot of snaps either.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 10:16 AM)CincyProduct Wrote: burfict was not suppose to get a lot of snaps either.

Dawson didn't get a lot of snaps when Burfict was out. He came back and Dawson was inactive. Now Rey M. is going to be out, so I'd expect to see the same thing from Dawson. Until he gets his practice habits down, it's going to be a limited role for Dawson.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
He could not be getting snaps because he's the third string WILL...nothing to do with practice lol. Going into Thursday he's still behind Burfict if Vinny plays MIKE.

For those saying he needs to take snaps from Hawk I'm not sure because SAM is different than the WILL having to handle the in line blocking TE. WILL is more of the free runner able to shoot gaps after the MIKE and SAM handle the primary lead blockers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 03:56 PM)Synric Wrote: He could not be getting snaps because he's the third string WILL...nothing to do with practice lol. Going into Thursday he's still behind Burfict if Vinny plays MIKE.

For those saying he needs to take snaps from Hawk I'm not sure because SAM is different than the WILL having to handle the in line blocking TE. WILL is more of the free runner able to shoot gaps after the MIKE and SAM handle the primary lead blockers.

We rotate our LBs so Dawson could get some snaps, but it's known that he struggles and free-lances in practice. The media have reported that. It's the same thing that happened to Dunlap in his rookie year. He barely played early on because he didn't practice well. Marvin is big on looking good in practice.
Reply/Quote
There is a logic issue in drafting a player whose reputation is that they don't practice well but look good in real play, and then keeping them off the field because they don't practice good...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote