Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dax Hill and DJ Turner
The one position group I really trust Anarumo to assess and develop well is DB.
His experience as a DB coach before this DC role and what he's been able to get out of the DBs while being DC are impressive.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 09:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yes. Scott is playing out if position. All he is is a special teams ace. That’s were his bread has been buttered all these years. He started for the Rams D out of necessity not ability.

No he isn't. He started at S when the Rams won the SB and picked Brady in the POs. 

He is a safety. He is playing safety. He isn't out of position. Special teams player isn't a position. It is the job the backups get. That goes to how good guys are at their positions, it is not a position in and of itself, unless you are a kicker or long snapper. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 04:15 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No he isn't. He started at S when the Rams won the SB and picked Brady in the POs. 

He is a safety. He is playing safety. He isn't out of position. Special teams player isn't a position. It is the job the backups get. That goes to how good guys are at their positions, it is not a position in and of itself, unless you are a kicker or long snapper. 

Scott sucks. And his one shot came when they lost their starting safety to free agency. He didn't beat anyone out. After a year they let him walk. For the same reason we see. Just because someone starts at a position doesn't mean that position is their position.

He's buttered his bread by being what he was, which was a special teams ace. That's the only reason why he was even on a roster until that final year with the Rams.

Die on the Hill that he is more than that if you want.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Scott always seems to be 1-2 steps delayed on getting to plays. Maybe it’s “reaction” speed or his football IQ is just not as good as his predecessor but something is so mehhhh about him.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 06:51 PM)Whacked Wrote: Scott always seems to be 1-2 steps delayed on getting to plays. Maybe it’s “reaction” speed or his football IQ is just not as good as his predecessor but something is so mehhhh about him.

Right, he's a hard tackler, when he actually gets there.  I see him as a stopgap until Battle gets up to speed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 04:15 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: No he isn't. He started at S when the Rams won the SB and picked Brady in the POs. 

He also took a great angle on a play where Chase might have taken it to the house in the Super Bowl.

Reply/Quote
Don’t sleep on Tycen Anderson…

A little more time and he could also fit in nicely. Perhaps better suited to D. Hill’s role, but he is roughly the same size as battle. And he is definitely faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 08:59 PM)maclanta Wrote: Don’t sleep on Tycen Anderson…

A little more time and he could also fit in nicely. Perhaps better suited to D. Hill’s role, but he is roughly the same size as battle. And he is definitely faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I like Tycen a lot too, stupid of me not to at least mention him.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 04:58 PM)Trademark Wrote: As a Michigan fan I'm loving the fact that these two are doing well. Dax absolutely balled out yesterday and DJ Turner gave up 0 yards in 40% of the snaps he played

we have had pretty good success with Michigan DBs over the years
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 06:51 PM)Whacked Wrote: Scott always seems to be 1-2 steps delayed on getting to plays. Maybe it’s “reaction” speed or his football IQ is just not as good as his predecessor but something is so mehhhh about him.

probly still thinking to much its his first year in this system right?    hopefully will settle in soon
Reply/Quote
Saw a graphic that said DJ has been targeted 5 times thru these 3 games and he’s only allowed 1 catch for 4 yards.

Lock-in it down baby
-Housh
Reply/Quote