Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dax Hill
(09-27-2023, 12:38 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dax has been looking awesome. I'm glad he's been able to focus on safety more this year. Last year was rough for him.

He was fine last year, what were you watching? The playoff game with the special teams blunders?

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 12:38 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dax has been looking awesome. I'm glad he's been able to focus on safety more this year. Last year was rough for him.

Last year Lou had him learning the system from both the safety and the corner positions. That rookie season lesson plan is going to pay huge dividends, as he now knows the expectations of both positions. 
Reply/Quote
Can someone pull up Jessie Bate's 23 stats as a base of comparison?

Hell, let's make it fair. What are Dax's averages compared to Bates' 2nd season?
Reply/Quote
Daxton Hill can flat out fly and tackle. He is a rare player. Keeping him at Safety should allow him to just grow into the All Pro
type of player we all think he can be. He got moved around so much I think it slowed his progression and he is still playing great.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Daxton Hill can flat out fly and tackle. He is a rare player. Keeping him at Safety should allow him to just grow into the All Pro
type of player we all think he can be. He got moved around so much I think it slowed his progression and he is still playing great.

I disagree with him being over whelmed  last season. I think his issue was he wasn't playing on defense but when he did play he got good results. Particularly when they used him in man coverage.

Hill is playing all over the field this year in the box, single high, nickle, and two high. So there using him like a Switz army knife.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Daxton Hill can flat out fly and tackle. He is a rare player. Keeping him at Safety should allow him to just grow into the All Pro

When he came on that blitz from the edge I was like Dayyyyumm, he's lightning quick!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 02:05 PM)J24 Wrote: I disagree with him being over whelmed  last season. I think his issue was he wasn't playing on defense but when he did play he got good results. Particularly when they used him in man coverage.

Hill is playing all over the field this year in the box, single high, nickle, and two high. So there using him like a Switz army knife.

I cannot disagree, just saying him staying at Safety instead of playing Corner should help his growth. He definitely can handle playing all 
over the field. I thought getting Dax Hill as late as we did in the 1st was a steal at the time, it is showing now. Yes, he is our swiss army 
knife on Defense.

(09-27-2023, 02:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When he came on that blitz from the edge I was like Dayyyyumm, he's lightning quick!

No doubt, he is faster on the field than his forty time even says. As great as the Dolphins look, if there is one Secondary that can keep up
with those dudes, it is ours.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 02:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When he came on that blitz from the edge I was like Dayyyyumm, he's lightning quick!

Yes, that was a big boy NFL play,, and the tackle he made on their RB for a loss where he shot thru a gap for another loss. He blasted thru untouched on both stops.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 11:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Last year Lou had him learning the system from both the safety and the corner positions. That rookie season lesson plan is going to pay huge dividends, as he now knows the expectations of both positions. 

That wasn't the initial plan. Multiple writers mentioned that Dax was frustrated last year because he had to keep bouncing around and learning a different position each week instead of focusing on safety.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 12:57 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That wasn't the initial plan. Multiple writers mentioned that Dax was frustrated last year because he had to keep bouncing around and learning a different position each week instead of focusing on safety.

That is what I heard myself Bengal Dude. Now he can just focus on Safety and that should help his growth. Rock On
Reply/Quote