Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dax is the fourth highest graded rookie
In pre-season so far. He’s really stood out to me with his speed and vision, and has basically picked up from where he left off in college.

How many three safety looks does everyone think we’re getting this year? I don’t think you can keep him off the field as much as a backup DB would be off of it.

Reply/Quote
Im envisioning putting Vonn Bell in the box on 3rd down as a hybrid SS/cover LB and dropping Dax back with JB3 to play a cover 2. With added pass rush from Ossai on the field could make for an insane 3rd and medium-long defense.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:28 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: In pre-season so far. He’s really stood out to me with his speed and vision, and has basically picked up from where he left off in college.

How many three safety looks does everyone think we’re getting this year? I don’t think you can keep him off the field as much as a backup DB would be off of it.

Another idea - Go 6 DBs

Awuzie, Apple, Hilton, Hill, Bates, Bell

Single LB (Wilson)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:28 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: In pre-season so far. He’s really stood out to me with his speed and vision, and has basically picked up from where he left off in college.

I knew he had to been the first defensive player

I’d go a step further in my review of his preseason and say it’s been amazing.

When i look at DBs in the preseason I’m checking for 2 things…..ball skills and positioning(Are you putting yourself in the right spot) and Dax excelled in both of these. That pick he got was just amazing
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:43 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Im envisioning putting Vonn Bell in the box on 3rd down as a hybrid SS/cover LB and dropping Dax back with JB3 to play a cover 2. With added pass rush from Ossai on the field could make for an insane 3rd and medium-long defense.

They are going to play a lot of 3 safety looks. Hubbard becomes linebacker/spy then Ossai and Hendrickson at end and Reader at nose. Then you’d have the 2 corners and Hilton. I think they do that with Lamar/Mahomes
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
The scheme versatility potential for our defense is off the charts right now. Can't wait to see what kind of looks they're drawing up for the regular season.
Reply/Quote
Our defense is perfect for the QB's in our division and conference in my opinion.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Dax makes the defense faster and will be hard to keep off the field.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 09:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Another idea - Go 6 DBs

Awuzie, Apple, Hilton, Hill, Bates, Bell

Single LB (Wilson)

Yeah we have the most dynamic dime secondary in the league.  Really wanted Hill for the talent and best shot of getting a day one playmaker.  So far he looks ahead of schedule.  
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 10:31 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Our defense is perfect for the QB's in our division and conference in my opinion.

Without the starters playing I was excited to see Dax. All I was hoping was to see some flashes but thought it may be tough. But he certainly exceeded my hopes for what we would see out of him.

I'll be very curious how it plays out with the starters. I was thinking when we drafted him that it may help in the quick passing game which I think hurt us last season. But I'm also hoping it may help with mobile QB's which is what we are gonna face in our division.
Reply/Quote
It is such a luxury to be able to let Dax work into the lineup slowly. He is so versatile that he will see plenty of playing time. He is built like a CB and runs like a CB. But he is not forced to start because we have no one else.

Franchise tag could not have worked out better for the Bengals. I believe Bates will play very well for the Bengals this year, but I think it will be his last as a Bengal. Hill looks like he will be ready to step in.
Reply/Quote
Deep at DB spots and the posts above aren’t even including CTB. Bengals did a good job of setting themselves up for a future without Bates. I think it would be dumb to even try to sign him next offseason. Save that $ for the big time offensive players who will need to get paid over the next couple of years.

Huge benefit of having a really good team/roster is not having to draft for need.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:43 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Im envisioning putting Vonn Bell in the box on 3rd down as a hybrid SS/cover LB and dropping Dax back with JB3 to play a cover 2.  With added pass rush from Ossai on the field could make for an insane 3rd and medium-long defense.

Dax is real deal... but whats troubling on that list is looks like Pitt nailed it on Pickett 
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 10:43 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Dax is real deal... but whats troubling on that list is looks like Pitt nailed it on Pickett 

I look for the opening game to be brutal. While Taylor went the McVay way and rested most of the starters throughout the pre-season (which I totally agree with) word is Tomlin went the other route and has been running a pre-season that included actually tackling to the ground at practice and played his starters in the games. Their defense is going to be coming after it. We will need to get out to an early lead on them, and then their oline will fall apart, and we can rattle the rookie.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 10:43 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Dax is real deal... but whats troubling on that list is looks like Pitt nailed it on Pickett 

I’m not sure yet on Pickett. A majority of what I’ve seen are dump off passes. I think he has some intermediate, but he’s also running 3rd Qb. We saw what Plitt did as the last QB to come in, and no one is saying he’s the real deal. It’s hard to tell in preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2022, 08:43 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Im envisioning putting Vonn Bell in the box on 3rd down as a hybrid SS/cover LB and dropping Dax back with JB3 to play a cover 2.  With added pass rush from Ossai on the field could make for an insane 3rd and medium-long defense.

This could be special no question in this new passing league, it might really shut down what the best passing team's do.

We shown we can already stop the run last season. This D could be scary good and underrated going into the season.

Dax is crazy versatile, same with Ossai and ADG who is my pick to be breakout player of the year on Defense.
Reply/Quote

Been two preseason games. No way in hell anyone even the Steelers are sold on Pickett. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2022, 11:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I look for the opening game to be brutal. While Taylor went the McVay way and rested most of the starters throughout the pre-season (which I totally agree with) word is Tomlin went the other route and has been running a pre-season that included actually tackling to the ground at practice and played his starters in the games. Their defense is going to be coming after it. We will need to get out to an early lead on them, and then their oline will fall apart, and we can rattle the rookie.

Pittsburgh has been grinding all training camp and will be ready to play week one. I just hope two days of practice with the Rams have us up to speed.
Reply/Quote
Remember several years ago when the Bengals were leading the league in interceptions? Think that can happen again.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote