Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 2 McCarron Trade
In the past hour, there's been a lot of buzz confirming that the Browns and Bengals have opened a line of discussion. Seems like unanimous speculation around the league is that the Bengals are asking too much. I was pondering a few options as to what should seem fair to both parties;

Based upon new positioning, if we were to trade with the browns, this is what I'd find plausible:

Browns receive:

AJ McCarron & Pick 116 (our first 4th round pick)

Bengals receive: Pick 52 (Browns pick from titans) & Pick 65 (First Pick in 3rd round)

The estimated value of McCarron via trade charts would then equal the 33rd overall pick. I truly feel like Cincy couldn't ask for much more than that. What do you think?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:11 PM)lbrown41017 Wrote: In the past hour, there's been a lot of buzz confirming that the Browns and Bengals have opened a line of discussion. Seems like unanimous speculation around the league is that the Bengals are asking too much. I was pondering a few options as to what should seem fair to both parties;

Based upon new positioning, if we were to trade with the browns, this is what I'd find plausible:

Browns receive:

AJ McCarron & Pick 116 (our first 4th round pick)

Bengals receive: Pick 52 (Browns pick from titans) & Pick 65 (First Pick in 3rd round)

The estimated value of McCarron via trade charts would then equal the 33rd overall pick. I truly feel like Cincy couldn't ask for much more than that. What do you think?

Jim O says 1st or not happening is our demand. I say 52 and 2nd next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jim O says 1st or not happening is our demand. I say 52 and 2nd next year.

Even that would be a great option; I feel like tonight will confirm the stable of talent available in rounds 2-4. We need to trade up at this point to get into those round and fill as many needs as possible at this point.
Reply/Quote
AJ McCaron, obviously, and it sucks that they gave up their pick at 33 to trade back into the first because now CincyJungle thinks our asking price will be too high.

Ian Rapoport reported that Cleveland contacted us for McCarron, so it's not just conjecture, but that we might be asking for too much:

Quote:"From my understanding the price on McCarron is high," Rapoport reported on Draft Kickoff Live on Friday. "It has been described to me as around a first-round draft pick, something that is just not going to happen. Now that the Browns have a second-round pick, maybe there will be some package in there somewhere that both sides can make work. If the Bengals are going to give up McCarron, it's going to have to be a huge, huge haul."

Since Round 1 of the draft has already passed and Cincinnati reportedly wanted a first-round pick in exchange for McCarron, the Bengals will want at least Cleveland’s second-round selection at No. 52 and another pick. The Browns already gave up the No. 33 overall pick to the Packers in exchange for their first round pick, with which they selected tight end David Njoku out of Miami.

I would venture to guess Cincinnati wants the Browns second-round pick (51st overall) and third-round pick (65th overall) to give up McCarron. It’s even possible that Cincinnati wants a first-round pick in the 2018 draft from the Browns, something they almost certainly won’t give up.

The Browns have so many picks that giving up the 51st and 65th seems probable, especially since they passed on all the QBs in round one, McCarron is a proven winner, and Hue knows him well. I'd definitely pull the trigger on that deal and, if we can, trade the picks and stockpile picks for next year if we don't see any prospects worthy of a pick at our spots.

Come on, Mike or whoever is calling the shots, BE SMART AND MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:17 PM)lbrown41017 Wrote: Even that would be a great option; I feel like tonight will confirm the stable of talent available in rounds 2-4. We need to trade up at this point to get into those round and fill as many needs as possible at this point.

I agree, but he is saying without Browns giving a 1 it doesn't happen. Hopefully a player is there at 52 that we covet enough to make the move.
Reply/Quote
I doubt a trade happens. Bengals seem adamant on wanting a first round pick.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
There's not talk between these teams about a trade
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:32 PM)BengalBo Wrote: There's not talk between these teams about a trade

And you know this how?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:32 PM)BengalBo Wrote: There's not talk between these teams about a trade

It's been posted over the hour or two; Ian Rappaport, Bleacher Report, Cleveland sports talk etc. 

* Never mind you may be correct, looks like team sources are denying the claim
Reply/Quote
I would say 2nd & 3rd this year and 2nd next year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
What about the Jets and their 39th pick....7th in the 2nd round plus Richardson? Just spitballing here of course.
Reply/Quote
I really want this to happen. The Bengals need to realize trading McCarron now is really the only way we'll get anything for him.

Fingers crossed...

Pray
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:45 PM)count35 Wrote: What about the Jets and their 39th pick....7th in the 2nd round plus Richardson? Just spitballing here of course.

I would do that trade if we had a team friendly 3 r 4 year contract locked up for Richardson. I think he is FA next year so that is a negative unless we address it prior to the trade
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:45 PM)count35 Wrote: What about the Jets and their 39th pick....7th in the 2nd round plus Richardson? Just spitballing here of course.

This is interesting because they can claim that the player changes the value versus a straight pick trad and they can save face after proclaiming it would take a massive haul.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jim O says 1st or not happening is our demand. I say 52 and 2nd next year.

To me this seems most plausible. Browns have 4 2nds next year. I hope both sides can come together.
Reply/Quote
So are there talks or not? ESPN was reporting it. I doubt it was from an unreliable source.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 05:27 PM)Takedown Wrote: So are there talks or not? ESPN was reporting it. I doubt it was from an unreliable source.

I believe there are. Marvin Lewis said last night there were no calls for 9, yet Dave Lapham seems to not believe them. So reports from cincy saying there are no talks doesn't mean much to me.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 05:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: I believe there are. Marvin Lewis said last night there were no calls for 9, yet Dave Lapham seems to not believe them. So reports from cincy saying there are no talks doesn't mean much to me.

I kind of feel the same way, I believe the sources that announced it were rather credible. An hour or two later unnamed members of the organization were denying the claim apparently. I'd bet to say they've at least opened up a line of discussion. Still a few hours before draft and pick, may be able to make something happen.
Reply/Quote
Cleveland did not get their QB last night, the owners are not happy, and they are desperate. Hold out for the best deal possible....
Reply/Quote
From Cincy Jungle

UPDATE:

Quote:Per Josina Anderson, there haven’t actually been trade talks and it’s just a rumor. Clearly, people are putting out different takes and truths on the situation.

Meanwhile, just asked a #Bengals source if the #Browns have been in touch on QB AJ Mccarron so far. The answer: "No."

— Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) April 28, 2017
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote