Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 2 wish list
Who is all on your day 2 wish list?

Round 2

1. Will Hernandez- even if this means giving up a 4th rounder to move up go get him. We have so many picks we need to use them to go get our guys.

2. James Daniels - I know this sounds crazy but hear me out. This obviously moves Price over to guard and gives him more time to get healthy. Also gives us a great backup at a position that is hard to find backups especially on only a 45 man roster

3. Josh Jackson - would also be OK with trading up for him.

4. Orlando Brown - Get thus guy and we might have the best running line in the AFCN next year. Huge difference from a year ago.

Round 3

1. Sam Hubbard - Bengals usually love going same schools guys. Guess they do it to make the players feel comfortable coming in. Doubt he's there but would be a huge steal.

2. Mason Rudolph - we will see a QB drafted at sine point late day 2 or early day 3. If he slides wouldn't surprise me to see his name called.

3. Shaquem Griffin - great story but not high on him because of his medical history. Guys an absolute great player on the field. Jumps in as a special teams stud and probably the best coverage LB on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:10 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Who is all on your day 2 wish list?

Round 2

1.  Will Hernandez-  even if this means giving up a 4th rounder to move up go get him.   We have so many picks we need to use them to go get our guys.  

2.  James Daniels -  I know this sounds crazy  but hear me out.   This obviously moves Price over to guard and gives him more time to get healthy.   Also gives us a great backup at a position that is hard to find backups especially on only a 45 man roster

3.  Josh Jackson - would also be OK with trading up for him.  

4.  Orlando Brown -  Get thus guy and we might have the best running line in the AFCN next year.   Huge difference from a year ago.

Round 3

1.  Sam Hubbard - Bengals usually love going same schools guys.   Guess they do it to make the players feel comfortable coming in.   Doubt he's there but would be a huge steal.

2. Mason Rudolph -  we will see a QB drafted at sine point late day 2 or early day 3.  If he slides wouldn't surprise me to see his name called.

3.  Shaquem Griffin -  great story but not high on him because  of his medical history.   Guys an absolute great player on the field.   Jumps in as a special teams stud and probably the best coverage LB on the roster.

well, I went to Moeller and saw Hubbard as a HS Safety (and All State)  at 6-5 225.   he was expected to play LB,but  grew enough for DE.  In the NFL, 255-260 can be LB or DE. His abilities on pass coverage could make him a fine LB.  However.. some said he'd go rd 1 so, likely will NOT last to rd 3 . Rudolph, also is apt to be rd 2, easily th best Q still on the board.   If we want a backup....rd 4-5 might make sense.   O Brown is....a ???
His game film looked good. His combine did not.  He's LARGE but rather slow.

w Hernandez as a rd 2? Well., to do that we may need to trade up a few slots.   He is HUGE.  He moves well for his size,  one might be tempted to put him next to Glenn, a couple of Clydesdales.  Guys who weigh 345 ain't exactly agile/quick, so probably Bolling stays the Left G.
Reply/Quote
DE Arden Key

Maybe in the third
Reply/Quote
Still high from lastnight's pick so what the heck...
2) S Reid
3A) LB Griffin
3B) OT Rankin
Reply/Quote
Hurst is really intriguing to me in the 2nd, I think he could be an awesome Geno compliment. He spells Geno on occasional early downs but lines up next to him on nickle to add extra pass rush.
Reply/Quote

Round 2

1.  Will Hernandez-  even if this means giving up a 4th rounder to move up go get him.   We have so many picks we need to use them to go get our guys.  

2.  James Daniels -  I know this sounds crazy  but hear me out.   This obviously moves Price over to guard and gives him more time to get healthy.   Also gives us a great backup at a position that is hard to find backups especially on only a 45 man roster

4.  Orlando Brown -  Get thus guy and we might have the best running line in the AFCN next year.   Huge difference from a year ago.

Round 3

1.  Sam Hubbard - Bengals usually love going same schools guys.   Guess they do it to make the players feel comfortable coming in.   Doubt he's there but would be a huge steal.

2. Mason Rudolph -  we will see a QB drafted at sine point late day 2 or early day 3.  If he slides wouldn't surprise me to see his name called.

3.  Shaquem Griffin -  great story but not high on him because  of his medical history.   Guys an absolute great player on the field.   Jumps in as a special teams stud and probably the best coverage LB on the roster.
An Outside Linebacker that can also edge rush if needed.  Harold Landry-Boston College, Lorenzo Carter-Georgia, Uchenna Nwosu-USC were Mel Kipers top 3 OLB and still on board because of record setting quarterbacks taken. 

We could use a Safety and Ronnie Harrison-Alabama and Justin Reid still on board that were top 5 Safeties per Mel Kiper. 

Of course there is still good O Line help, which we could use Blocking. 

There is D Line help

There are some interesting RB, WR, TE players. 

I'm pretty sure we get a Round One Player falling to us in Two.  On this pick we have to maybe over look position needs if an amazing talent falls to us.  Plus, we could use help just about everywhere. 

As for Pick 3, I think we can get a Round 2 Talent here. Maybe somebody Bengals have in the Top 5 at their position. Round 3 could be a player who was considered Round 1 or high 2, but that would really take not picking by position but best player left. I'm positive we can get a top 5 at his position in 3 and maybe in 4. I hoping we get great talent deep into draft.

So I think we come away with 2 Players the Bengals have graded very high at their positions. You add that to Price graded high and that would be 3 very solid picks.  No gambling or reaching down for players that will be there later on Saturday. Friday we take players that we are surprised didn't go on Thursday. Keep taking Top Picks today. 

So who ever falls to us, and we won't know that until the we are on the clock. Bengals just need a list of Best Available Athletes and just cross off names as Round Two and Three roll along. When we pick, whoever is not scratched off at top of list is our next Bengal. Taking Price in One sets us up to do that. Whoever is best on list regardless of position except FB and Kicker, who you never take early rounds.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: DE Arden Key

Maybe in the third

This would be a great third round pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
all I really want is some solid Bengals Coverage not commercial before commercial after..

On NFL Network it looked like they had some video packages to play for the Bengals and they started to come in and then got chopped back to F-ing commericals.
Reply/Quote
Daniels would be nice but there must be something medical on him. Corbett would also be a nice pickup.

Hurst
Corbett
Brown.

Harrison would be an interesting safety to consider at 2. I don’t want to deal with Reid and any potential kneeling nonsense.
Reply/Quote

Round 2

Round 3

if we valued Price over Daniels to begin with   why draft daniels to take over Center instead of just playing him at OG... (insurrence?)  just grab the best OG available if that's the move..

you would want the best OC you drafted playing OC right?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: all I really want is some solid Bengals Coverage not commercial before commercial after..

On NFL Network it looked like they had some video packages to play for the Bengals and they started to come in and then got chopped back to F-ing commericals.

NFL Now was excellent coverage. Found myself just going there.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if we valued Price over Daniels to begin with   why draft daniels to take over Center instead of just playing him at OG... (insurrence?)  just grab the best OG available if that's the move..

you would want the best OC you drafted playing OC right?

There could be a case where Daniels still projects as a better guard prospect maybe than the best actual guard on the board but I doubt it. I think Corbett from Nevada could be the play at 46. He has Tackle/Guard versatility and is probably a guard but would be interesting to see what he could do at RT.
Reply/Quote
Seriously doubt Hernandez is going to be there when we pick next, but wouldn't mind if he is although the last El Paso player we had (I think ) was Carson lite..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:43 PM)grampahol Wrote: Seriously doubt Hernandez is going to be there when we pick next, but wouldn't mind if he is although the last El Paso player we had (I think ) was Carson lite..  

The big thing is does he get past NYG? If he does I think we can trade up cheap to get him but the problem is with Cleveland the only one in front of NYG not sure we can. If he falls I think we got a shot to come up to around 6 or 7 in the 2nd and get him.
Reply/Quote
LB. Griffin would be nice. I don't care as long as we get a gifted/athletic LB.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: The big thing is does he get past NYG? If he does I think we can trade up cheap to get him but the problem is with Cleveland the only one in front of NYG not sure we can. If he falls I think we got a shot to come up to around 6 or 7 in the 2nd and get him.

Friggin Cleveland! Why are the even considered an NFL team? They should break off and join CFL.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: The big thing is does he get past NYG? If he does I think we can trade up cheap to get him but the problem is with Cleveland the only one in front of NYG not sure we can. If he falls I think we got a shot to come up to around 6 or 7 in the 2nd and get him.

The Giants probably already have their card done and tweets ready. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 04:09 PM)Synric Wrote: The Giants probably already have their card done and tweets ready. 

Maybe, some people think their pick may be Daniels. 
Reply/Quote
Everybody pretty much named all of mine, Hernandez and Landry won't be there most likely unless we trade up
for one of them. I think Safety, DE, CB, OT, OG, DT, LB are all in play. Tons of good players to choose from.
Reply/Quote
Round 2:
Justin Reid
Maurice Hurst
Mike Gesicki
Sam Hubbard

Prefer Rd 3 but would be OK with Rd 2:
Tyrell Crosby
Mark Andrews
Tim Settle
Rasheem Green

Round 3: