Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OHIO STATE at MICHIGAN
BEWARE my Buckeyes. I have seen you go into this game #1 in 1969 and 1995 only to get slapped down by Michigan.

The age old saying still applies. The team with the best record doesn't always win. It's a RIVAL GAME. As they said in 40's and 50's, you throw all the season records out the window when these 2 teams meet.

Harbaugh and Ann Arbor have been waiting 365 days to get their hands on Ohio State up in Michigan. They want some Pay Back.

Thanksgiving Weekend, Michigan has over 100 thousand fans in the stands waiting for my Buckeyes to be the Turkey Dinner. They would LOVE to spoil Buckeyes National Championship Hopes. We Gotta' Game Thanksgiving Weekend. Yes Ohio State BUT AT MICHIGAN. THE GAME.

GOOD NEWS for my Buckeyes is Chase Young was only a short suspension. A financial rule violation many on news says only hurts the more poor students and is an old rule that needs gone, due to unfair to poor students. ANYWAY, Chase Young who ESPN and CBS have as THE BEST player in the 2020 Draft will be GREATLY NEEDED if Buckeyes want to stay unbeaten and then knock off the whoever SEC and others send to NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNEY. Buckeyes have that QB who can run and throw and they are always like an NFL version of Steelers or Ravens on defense with a good offense. What that Ravens QB does, that is how Ohio State QB attacks you also. Buckeyes send a lot of good DB's to the NFL over the decades, and probably have the great DB's again this year.

But....Ann Arbor Michigan would LOVE to spoil the Party.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 07:45 PM)kevin Wrote: BEWARE my Buckeyes.  I have seen you go into this game #1 in 1969 and 1995 only to get slapped down by Michigan.  

The age old saying still applies.  The team with the best record doesn't always win.  It's a RIVAL GAME.   As they said in 40's and 50's, you throw all the season records out the window when these 2 teams meet.  

Harbaugh and Ann Arbor have been waiting 365 days to get their hands on Ohio State up in Michigan.  They want some Pay Back.

Thanksgiving Weekend,  Michigan has over 100 thousand fans in the stands waiting for my Buckeyes to be the Turkey Dinner.  They would LOVE to spoil Buckeyes National Championship Hopes.   We Gotta' Game Thanksgiving Weekend.  Yes Ohio State BUT AT MICHIGAN.   THE GAME.

GOOD NEWS for my Buckeyes is Chase Young was only a short suspension.  A financial rule violation many on news says only hurts the more poor students and is an old rule that needs gone,  due to unfair to poor students.    ANYWAY,  Chase Young who ESPN and CBS have as THE BEST player in the 2020 Draft will be GREATLY NEEDED if Buckeyes want to stay unbeaten and then knock off the whoever SEC and others send to NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNEY.  Buckeyes have that QB who can run and throw and they are always like an NFL version of Steelers or Ravens on defense with a good offense.   What that Ravens QB does, that is how Ohio State QB attacks you also.  Buckeyes send a lot of good DB's to the NFL over the decades, and probably have the great DB's again this year.

They haven't been allowed INTO the party in 8 years, so their raucousness must be stopped at the door!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Heart 
(11-13-2019, 08:55 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They haven't been allowed INTO the party in 8 years, so their raucousness must be stopped at the door!

Ohio State beat Alabama and Oregon to WIN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in 2014-2015 season, and THAT is the PARTY that Ann Arbor would LOVE to play SPOILER to in 2019-2020 season.   Plus the fact Ohio State beats Michigan every year since Urban Meyer and before him Jim Tressel.   Not since John Cooper who never understood the Ohio State vs Michigan Game,  has Michigan had wins.   Ann Arbor and Harbaugh have waited 365 days for some Pay Back on my Buckeyes.  They will be laying for us,  100 thousand FIRED UP FANS. 

OH-IO......We Gotta' GAME this Thanksgiving Holidays. 

I Know, they still have to play at Rutgers and in Columbus against Penn State. Penn State and Michigan and then Big 10 Championship Game Team, and them maybe on to play TOP 4 in NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP. This is when you strap the chin strap tight and have to put on the big boy pants. From Penn State on, there are no more easy games, and don't take Rutgers light either. I loved that win against Alabama and then Oregon that year From here on out, it is like NFL for Buckeyes, no easy games. ..OH-IO.

As bad as my Bengals are, this is when Ohio State Football gets real good, as media wonders if they will slip and fall against the major powers end of season.

Right, there is Rutgers and PENN STATE still.....as Ann Arbor waits for us wanting Pay Back.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 07:45 PM)kevin Wrote: BEWARE my Buckeyes.  I have seen you go into this game #1 in 1969 and 1995 only to get slapped down by Michigan.  

The age old saying still applies.  The team with the best record doesn't always win.  It's a RIVAL GAME.   As they said in 40's and 50's, you throw all the season records out the window when these 2 teams meet.  

Harbaugh and Ann Arbor have been waiting 365 days to get their hands on Ohio State up in Michigan.  They want some Pay Back.

Thanksgiving Weekend,  Michigan has over 100 thousand fans in the stands waiting for my Buckeyes to be the Turkey Dinner.  They would LOVE to spoil Buckeyes National Championship Hopes.   We Gotta' Game Thanksgiving Weekend.  Yes Ohio State BUT AT MICHIGAN.   THE GAME.

GOOD NEWS for my Buckeyes is Chase Young was only a short suspension.  A financial rule violation many on news says only hurts the more poor students and is an old rule that needs gone,  due to unfair to poor students.    ANYWAY,  Chase Young who ESPN and CBS have as THE BEST player in the 2020 Draft will be GREATLY NEEDED if Buckeyes want to stay unbeaten and then knock off the whoever SEC and others send to NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNEY.  Buckeyes have that QB who can run and throw and they are always like an NFL version of Steelers or Ravens on defense with a good offense.   What that Ravens QB does, that is how Ohio State QB attacks you also.  Buckeyes send a lot of good DB's to the NFL over the decades, and probably have the great DB's again this year.

Is that different from the abruptly cancelled revenge tour?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I stay with a time tested rule. If Buckeyes go in Heavy Favorites of 10 points or more, BEWARE MY BUCKEYES. Making a team a heavy favorite is the Kiss Of Death over the years in Ohio State vs Michigan, and you can look it up over the decades. Plus, THE GAME is AT MICHIGAN. Don't think that makes a difference, just watch how fired up Ann Arbor is at kick-off.

I'm rooting for Buckeyes, but the old saying is true. You throw out all the season records and stats when these teams meet. THIS is RIVAL GAME and nothing that has happened all season matters at High Noon in this one. You will hear TV announcers talk of Ohio State should win by 16 points and such, but that doesn't mean they are putting their money where their mouth it. Throw out the point spread. This game starts 0 to 0, it will be A WAR as to who wins THE GAME.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 05:39 PM)kevin Wrote: I stay with a time tested rule. If Buckeyes go in Heavy Favorites of 10 points or more, BEWARE MY BUCKEYES. Making a team a heavy favorite is the Kiss Of Death over the years in Ohio State vs Michigan, and you can look it up over the decades. Plus, THE GAME is AT MICHIGAN. Don't think that makes a difference, just watch how fired up Ann Arbor is at kick-off.

I'm rooting for Buckeyes, but the old saying is true. You throw out all the season records and stats when these teams meet. THIS is RIVAL GAME and nothing that has happened all season matters at High Noon in this one. You will hear TV announcers talk of Ohio State should win by 16 points and such, but that doesn't mean they are putting their money where their mouth it. Throw out the point spread. This game starts 0 to 0, it will be A WAR as to who wins THE GAME.

Well that would make sense if OSU hadn’t won 15 of the last 16. Sure Michigan can win this game, but “this is a rivalry game and the season means nothing” is nonsense. If that were true then Michigan wouldn’t be looking for their second win in seventeen years. If Michigan wins tomorrow it’s because they have a really good team that is capable of playing with the top teams in the country.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
What an ass whooping! WTG BUCKS!!!!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Get to relax another year.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 05:50 PM)cinci4life Wrote: What an ass whooping! WTG BUCKS!!!!!!

My sentiments, exactly!   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This makes me smile.

Quote:You own us. Yup, no doubt about that. And you will own us until name, image and likeness come into effect. IF the NCAA doesn't muck it up, Michigan and the rest of the Big Ten will finally be able to muster a team at the same payroll, you currently have. You see, you have owned the Big 10 since you couldn't fathom losing to Michigan as much as you were. So you went out and hired a known cheater in Jim Tressel. You then opened tje floodgates to paying your players (although many suspected Woody did so as well). You became an $EC school in the Big 10 and nobody has sold their soul as much as you have, to win. And please, don't feign ignorance. Everyone knew Terrell Pryor was looking to get paid, and you obliged him. And when Tressel got in hot water you went out and purchased another cheater. Barry Alvarez knew it at the time. You need to cheat to win, but so be it. You run an $EC program in the Big Ten. So yes, you own us as well as the rest of the league.

But the tide will turn. A Wisconsin used car salesman can pay kids to be the face of their franchise, legally. Your gig is coming to and end, so enjoy it while you can. As soon as F,I & L take effect, everyone will be able to play the game you have, but do it legally.
It's days like these that I remember with fondness players like Andy Katzenmoyer, the 5-star linebacker with a 6th grade education, who somehow, stayed in school at O$U. Of course, he succeeded by taking classes like How to play Linebacker 101. And this year, Chase Young got a "loan" from a family friend who just happened to become a friend of the family, his senior year in high school. There have always been money issues with players at O$U. More so than any other school in our league. But that is just a coincidence, isn't it!
So yes, I have come to realize that O$U is at another level compared to the rest of the league. You go out and get your "6 figure" players with regularity. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 07:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: This makes me smile.

Was the author of that post a P&R regular on here, by chance?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 05:50 PM)cinci4life Wrote: What an ass whooping! WTG BUCKS!!!!!!

It was rather sweet
Reply/Quote
Going to be playing Wisconsin again. They are up 28 with 7 minutes left.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 07:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Was the author of that post a P&R regular on here, by chance?

Has a ring to it doesn’t it?

Reply/Quote