Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De'Andre Hopkins free agent
Hopkins has been released by the Arizona Cardinals.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Newest Raven

It just makes too much sense for them
-Housh
Reply/Quote
21 million dead cap hit. Ouch. I guess they can spread it out a bit with a post June 1st designation but that's still a 10.5 million hit for the next two years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Am I crazy to say let’s grab him. I know it’s ridiculous bc we need to pay Higgins, but we don’t have to pay him this year. This is the type of move you make to win it all. Give him a 1 year deal. Chase, Higgins, Hopkins, Boyd. Omg.

It will never happen, I know. Just dreaming
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2023, 02:50 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Am I crazy to say let’s grab him. I know it’s ridiculous bc we need to pay Higgins, but we don’t have to pay him this year. This is the type of move you make to win it all. Give him a 1 year deal. Chase, Higgins, Hopkins, Boyd. Omg.

It will never happen, I know. Just dreaming

Is he going to line up at TE, 3T, or SS?  Just asking because the Bengals seem pretty good in the WR room, AND they just drafted a pair of promising young prospects that need those vital development reps.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If we cut or trade Boyd, maybe, but, otherwise, I don't think we need him.

He'd provide vet leadership and a reliable target.

With Boyd on his last year, I'd cut or trade him and pick up Hopkins (I think they're about the same age) because I think he'd jump at the chance to catch balls from Burrow on a winning team where he doesn't have to be the center of the defense's attention.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2023, 04:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If we cut or trade Boyd, maybe, but, otherwise, I don't think we need him.

He'd provide vet leadership and a reliable target.

With Boyd on his last year, I'd cut or trade him and pick up Hopkins (I think they're about the same age) because I think he'd jump at the chance to catch balls from Burrow on a winning team where he doesn't have to be the center of the defense's attention.

So, you want a team with already two superstar WRs and struggling to figure out how to pay both of them to add a 3rd very hungry (financially) mouth to feed, in the same position group??

C'mon man, Boyd is still good, and may want to retire having played his entire career with the Bengals.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2023, 04:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, you want a team with already two superstar WRs and struggling to figure out how to pay both of them to add a 3rd very hungry (financially) mouth to feed, in the same position group??

C'mon man, Boyd is still good, and may want to retire having played his entire career with the Bengals.  

I'm thinking Boyd will chase money since we have to pay Higgins and then Chase next year.

I didn't realize Hopkins would be seeking a big pay day though.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2023, 05:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm thinking Boyd will chase money since we have to pay Higgins and then Chase next year.

I didn't realize Hopkins would be seeking a big pay day though.

Besides the money, between injuries and suspension, Hopkins has barely seen the field the past two years.  A talented, youthful team like the Bengals would likely want to avoid potentially bad investments like that one could be.  As far as Boyd "chasing money", he's the same age as Hopkins with fewer injuries and disciplinary baggage, why not keep him for another 2-3 years and let him ride off as a Bengal lifer?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2023, 07:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Besides the money, between injuries and suspension, Hopkins has barely seen the field the past two years.  A talented, youthful team like the Bengals would likely want to avoid potentially bad investments like that one could be.  As far as Boyd "chasing money", he's the same age as Hopkins with fewer injuries and disciplinary baggage, why not keep him for another 2-3 years and let him ride off as a Bengal lifer?

Boyd is probably cheaper as well. People forget Tyler is just one year removed from having a season where he only dropped one pass all year long, he is a bargain imo.

Plus Hopkins did not even list the Bengals as teams he wanted to go to, think he said KC, Buffalo, Philly, and the Ravens as his personal choices. 

Now if a good TE or RB is released I hope the Bengals pounce quickly

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Who here will be salty if KC picks him up? I honestly think as a 1 year rental player, we should grab him. Sort it all out later, but for 1 year, make it work.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2023, 02:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: 21 million dead cap hit.  Ouch.  I guess they can spread it out a bit with a post June 1st designation but that's still a 10.5 million hit for the next two years.

They are taking the entire dead cap hit this year. 

As to coming here: He listed the 5 QBs he'd like to receive passes from and JB was not among them (Allen, Mahomes, Hurts, Jackson, Herbert). I think it has more to do with not wanting to be WR#3 here. Lions have the cap space and seem to be going all out, but I could also see NYJ making room. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We need to look at this objectively. No matter his baggage, he has proven to be a solid possession guy and will be a really good #2...probably helping boost one of our rivals. That isn't a good thing. We shouldn't think our season is wrecked, but that doesn't mean it's a meaningless add.
Reply/Quote
Bills or Ravens is my guess.... Jets another likely spot.

KC would have to do a lot of maneuvering... I think they are cap strapped.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2023, 05:47 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Bills or Ravens is my guess.... Jets another likely spot.

Bills are just as bad of shape as chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2023, 10:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: They are taking the entire dead cap hit this year. 

As to coming here: He listed the 5 QBs he'd like to receive passes from and JB was not among them (Allen, Mahomes, Hurts, Jackson, Herbert). I think it has more to do with not wanting to be WR#3 here. Lions have the cap space and seem to be going all out, but I could also see NYJ making room. 

Yep, cardinals are purposefully restricting their ability to be good this year. aKa they are tanking.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2023, 06:25 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Yep, cardinals are purposefully restricting their ability to be good this year. aKa they are tanking.

I can’t imagine signing Kyler Murray then not getting him any weapons in that division.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2023, 12:10 PM)Housh Wrote: I can’t imagine signing Kyler Murray then not getting him any weapons in that division.

Yeah, I'm sure they are fully realizing what a huge panic move mistake that deal was.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2023, 02:16 PM)Housh Wrote: Newest Raven

It just makes too much sense for them

(05-27-2023, 05:47 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Bills or Ravens is my guess....  Jets another likely spot.

Browns are my guess.

He played 3 years with Watson and was 1st Team All-Pro for all 3 of those years. That's the only years he's been 1st Team All-Pro in his career.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2023, 12:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Browns are my guess.

He played 3 years with Watson and was 1st Team All-Pro for all 3 of those years. That's the only years he's been 1st Team All-Pro in his career.

I haven't heard any Buzz about the Browns... would be surprised.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote