Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De'Andre Hopkins free agent
(05-28-2023, 12:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Browns are my guess.

He played 3 years with Watson and was 1st Team All-Pro for all 3 of those years. That's the only years he's been 1st Team All-Pro in his career.

(05-28-2023, 03:40 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I haven't heard any Buzz about the Browns... would be surprised.

There is buzz today about D-Hop going to the Stains. Hope not, he is still a damn good player and as TLL says has played with Watson 
and been damn good while doing so.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 01:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is buzz today about D-Hop going to the Stains. Hope not, he is still a damn good player and as TLL says has played with Watson 

Don't see how the stains can afford him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 07:37 PM)Stewy Wrote: Don't see how the stains can afford him.

It would be in a trade, picks, would be the only way I could see that they could...

Hope you are right and D-Hop goes somewhere else, hopefully the NFC.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 07:37 PM)Stewy Wrote: Don't see how the stains can afford him.

would have to drop some defensive talent
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2023, 10:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: They are taking the entire dead cap hit this year. 

As to coming here: He listed the 5 QBs he'd like to receive passes from and JB was not among them (Allen, Mahomes, Hurts, Jackson, Herbert). I think it has more to do with not wanting to be WR#3 here. Lions have the cap space and seem to be going all out, but I could also see NYJ making room. 

I would agree. No receiver would prefer Jackson over JB. Or Allen or Herbert for that matter.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 01:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There is buzz today about D-Hop going to the Stains. Hope not, he is still a damn good player and as TLL says has played with Watson 

I think the idea with the Browns is the swap out Amari Cooper for DHop. Cooper can be cut to save 20m in cap space. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 08:44 AM)Synric Wrote: I think the idea with the Browns is the swap out Amari Cooper for DHop. Cooper can be cut to save 20m in cap space. 

Makes sense and I think D-Hop has a lot more in the tank than Cooper anyways, hope he lands somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2023, 10:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: They are taking the entire dead cap hit this year. 

As to coming here: He listed the 5 QBs he'd like to receive passes from and JB was not among them (Allen, Mahomes, Hurts, Jackson, Herbert). I think it has more to do with not wanting to be WR#3 here. Lions have the cap space and seem to be going all out, but I could also see NYJ making room. 

Right We arent in need of WRs at the moment
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 08:44 AM)Synric Wrote: I think the idea with the Browns is the swap out Amari Cooper for DHop. Cooper can be cut to save 20m in cap space. 

Browns would only save 8m in cap space. Cooper has a 15m dead cap hit i 2023.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 10:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Browns would only save 8m in cap space. Cooper has a 15m dead cap hit i 2023.

After June 1st it's a 3.7m dead cap hit for 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026 with a savings of 20m.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Looks like he's signing with the Titans for 2 years up to $15 million.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38020714/sources-titans-expected-sign-wr-deandre-hopkins
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2023, 03:26 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Looks like he's signing with the Titans for 2 years up to $15 million.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38020714/sources-titans-expected-sign-wr-deandre-hopkins

Better than the Stains. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I think Hopkins made a good decision going to the Titans.
I like Burks at WR and even Okonkwo at TE, but they really need another pass catcher to help take focus off their run game.
Tannehill has shown in his career he needs weapons to be effective, just like Dalton did.

The AFC South is arguably the most winnable division in the AFC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2023, 12:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Hopkins made a good decision going to the Titans.
I like Burks at WR and even Okonkwo at TE, but they really need another pass catcher to help take focus off their run game.
Tannehill has shown in his career he needs weapons to be effective, just like Dalton did.

The AFC South is arguably the most winnable division in the AFC.

And when the Titans are running the ball well with King Henry they are a great play action team. Good fit for D-Hop.
Reply/Quote