Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeAndre Hopkins tackle on MNF
What's your take on his tackle and then being flagged for it?
TBH, the league is loosing my fandom on a yearly basis. He's a WR trying to make a tackle. I just can't get on board with most of these rules changes. Clavicle injuries will be high this season based on the rule changes. I digress, but I can't get on board with that flag on Hopkins.
Reply/Quote
If you're talking about the WWE slamming a dude on his head, I'd say that was almost a textbook definition of unnecessary roughness.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 01:25 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: What's your take on his tackle and then being flagged for it?
TBH, the league is loosing my fandom on a yearly basis. He's a WR trying to make a tackle. I just can't get on board with most of these rules changes. Clavicle injuries will be high this season based on the rule changes. I digress, but I can't get on board with that flag on Hopkins.

I think the interceptor was whistled down already before Hopkins picked him up which makes it 100% a penalty.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
That game was a good game (although the sound was horrible. Sounded like England fire truck sirens constantly in the background). But, when I watched the replay, it did not appear the interceptor was touched when he went down. I don’t think he should have been penalized for the slam. I think he was giving all he’s got to bring the player down. Yet if he was down, clearly a penalty. But DH didn’t know for sure and there was no whistle that I heard.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 06:34 AM)treee Wrote: If you're talking about the WWE slamming a dude on his head, I'd say that was almost a textbook definition of unnecessary roughness.

?? Really? What's he supposed to do there, just lay his weight on him? Now, I as unaware that the whistle had blown, so in that case, yes it should have been flagged. Scores are through the roof! May as well just play two hand touch.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 06:35 AM)cinci4life Wrote: I think the interceptor was whistled down already before Hopkins picked him up which makes it 100% a penalty.

I wasn't aware of that information, thank you.
Reply/Quote