Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DeAngelo Williams on NFL radio
Anybody else hear this interview? (don't remember which show, I think it was the one with Brady Quinn). He actually gave a pretty good interview. He talked about how rough the AFCN is, complained that he couldn't understand why Pig Ben had never been League MVP when he is the only one to ever have back to back 500 yd passing games..... and then, astoundingly (I almost wrecked the car) he started talking about Dalton. Said he didn't want to give the Bengals too much praise, but he said Dalton had an almost perfect season last year, was in the talk for MVP, and then got hurt and wasn't named to the Pro Bowl, and how ridiculous that was because of how good a season Dalton had. (actually, I don't remember whether he was or wasn't). I was just floored that he said anything nice about Andy. He said after the win over the Redskins, Tomlin came into the locker room, didn't say "Good Win" or anything like that. The only words out of his mouth was "We have Cincinnati at Heinz Field in 6 days." Said the Stoolers will be ready, and they know the Bengals will be ready. Cannot wait for this game.
Reply/Quote
Damn it!  Stop!  My hate fire burns less when I read something like that.  STOP!

Attitude Smack Pitt Sux Smack Attitude
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Still hate him. He wears the black and yellow.

Loved when Burfict asked on Twitter why he should be arguing with a backup RB. LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 08:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Anybody else hear this interview? (don't remember which show, I think it was the one with Brady Quinn). He actually gave a pretty good interview. He talked about how rough the AFCN is, complained that he couldn't understand why Pig Ben had never been League MVP when he is the only one to ever have back to back 500 yd passing games..... and then, astoundingly (I almost wrecked the car) he started talking about Dalton. Said he didn't want to give the Bengals too much praise, but he said Dalton had an almost perfect season last year, was in the talk for MVP, and then got hurt and wasn't named to the Pro Bowl, and how ridiculous that was because of how good a season Dalton had. (actually, I don't remember whether he was or wasn't). I was just floored that he said anything nice about Andy. He said after the win over the Redskins, Tomlin came into the locker room, didn't say "Good Win" or anything like that. The only words out of his mouth was "We have Cincinnati at Heinz Field in 6 days." Said the Stoolers will be ready, and they know the Bengals will be ready. Cannot wait for this game.

Pig Jen*
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Deangelo has only been in Pittsburgh for about a year now. The disease hasnt rubbed of on him yet.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He didn't practice yesterday either. Maybe it was a veterans day off......maybe something else.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
Sunday may be my final game on this earth. I've always said I'll pass away on a Bengals Sunday from heart issues. I'm almost certain it'll be during a game against the Steelers. I HATE THE STEELERS! Ok. Needed to get that out.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 11:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sunday may be my final game on this earth. I've always said I'll pass away on a Bengals Sunday from heart issues. I'm almost certain it'll be during a game against the Steelers. I HATE THE STEELERS! Ok. Needed to get that out.

Hopefully it's not this Bengals Sunday and instead the Bengals Sunday of Feb 5th 2017.  =)
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 09:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Still hate him. He wears the black and yellow.

Loved when Burfict asked on Twitter why he should be arguing with a backup RB. LOL

DW is a really good RB, he could easily be starting. He's actually the main thing I'm worried about defending this Sunday.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Do you know what I read into that DeAngelo Williams interview?  The Steelers finally respect the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
hes trying to kill us with kindness lol...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 11:56 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Do you know what I read into that DeAngelo Williams interview?  The Steelers finally respect the Bengals.

They have respected us for years. Boyd said the only team at the Pitt campus everyone consistently talked
about when they came to Heinz field was the Bengals. Not the Ravens, the Bengals.

Screw 'em though. Need to shut down DeAngelo in the run game and get after Ben. We are the one Defense
that has gave that Steelers Offense some troubles. Looking for this to continue Sunday and for Dalton to light
up that Secondary.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 11:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sunday may be my final game on this earth. I've always said I'll pass away on a Bengals Sunday from heart issues. I'm almost certain it'll be during a game against the Steelers. I HATE THE STEELERS! Ok. Needed to get that out.

Just make sure to croak when we are ahead.
Reply/Quote
And you are fine backup to the glass bell De...De..DEA

I can't do it.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 04:30 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: And you are fine backup to the glass bell De...De..DEA

I can't do it.

yeah Bell and the DEA have been meeting more often lately lol
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 09:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Still hate him. He wears the black and yellow.

Ehh, that's less funny when you realize Burfict is trashing a RB who outplayed both of our starting RBs last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 05:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah Bell and the DEA have been meeting more often lately lol

Nice Xeno, nice.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 05:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, that's less funny when you realize Burfict is trashing a RB who outplayed both of our starting RBs last year.

Did he split time with another RB like our RB's split?

I don't think so. Still, when Bell is healthy he is the starter.

We don't have that with our Backs.

Plus if you want to combine our RB's to be fair with Williams touches it isn't close.

Hill/Bernard have the highest TD rate of any duo in the league the last 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 05:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Did he split time with another RB like our RB's split?

I don't think so. Still, when Bell is healthy he is the starter.

We don't have that with our Backs.

Plus if you want to combine our RB's to be fair with Williams touches it isn't close.

Hill/Bernard have the highest TD rate of any duo in the league the last 2 years.

Williams had 200 carries compared to Hill's 223 and Gio's 154.  It's not like he got 300+ touches with the Steelers last year.  He outplayed Hill, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 05:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Williams had 200 carries compared to Hill's 223 and Gio's 154.  It's not like he got 300+ touches with the Steelers last year.  He outplayed Hill, that's for sure.

Cool, i will concede that. Hill had a bad year except for the TD's, but gotta give him some credit for getting in the EZ that much.
Reply/Quote