Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeCastro stomps on Burfict's leg
(12-22-2016, 04:05 AM)hollodero Wrote: To be fair, nobody "cheers".

But it's kind of true, Burfict has his reputation for a reason, and it's not just a media conspiracy demonizing a real prince charming. He did some dirty stuff and that can't be disputed. And by being dirty, for teams like the Steelers with the Steelers attitude you make yourself a target. Not that I think it's good and rightful, but that's the way it goes and it doesn't come as too much of a surprise. 

I condemn both. (And more the Steelers for a) hate them and b) guess they started this whole mess.) But hypocrisy goes both ways: Whoever condemns DeCastro (and rightfully so) also has to have something to say about some of Burfict's past not-so-clean actions.

Then condemn the shit the steelers have done for the past 30 years, and a guy like Burfict finally punched back.  The bully is always the bully until they get punched in the nose.

The problem is, this bully's dad is the principal, and he gets his own set of rules.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 04:05 AM)hollodero Wrote: To be fair, nobody "cheers".

But it's kind of true, Burfict has his reputation for a reason, and it's not just a media conspiracy demonizing a real prince charming. He did some dirty stuff and that can't be disputed. And by being dirty, for teams like the Steelers with the Steelers attitude you make yourself a target. Not that I think it's good and rightful, but that's the way it goes and it doesn't come as too much of a surprise. 

I condemn both. (And more the Steelers for a) hate them and b) guess they started this whole mess.) But hypocrisy goes both ways: Whoever condemns DeCastro (and rightfully so) also has to have something to say about some of Burfict's past not-so-clean actions.

Yes it certainly does go both ways. And I have no problem calling burfict dirty for some of his post snap extracurriculars (leg stomp, ball tap, etc). However I don't buy into most of his between the whistle plays being dirty, I think that's where he gets unnecessarily demonized
Reply/Quote
A little more from Paul Dehner. Just like I thought, it was picked up somehow.

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/811702071728685056
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 09:37 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes it certainly does go both ways. And I have no problem calling burfict dirty for some of his post snap extracurriculars (leg stomp, ball tap, etc). However I don't buy into most of his between the whistle plays being dirty, I think that's where he gets unnecessarily demonized

Think we all agree. We just have a diffrent way of stating things.

The penalty on burfict for throwing Ben to the ground after the hand off was bullshit. They called it based on his rep not what he did. Ben faked keeping the ball well and burfict bit. Of course he made the tackle he thought Ben had the ball. Maybe it's a penalty but that's a broken rule if that's the case.

I don't dislike burfict, I don't want him hurt and I'm happy he's on our side but if you fight fire with fire you're going to get stomped on by some douche bag.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 09:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......it ain't just the Bengals they do this shit to.....why do you think the NYG tried to tear Bell's head off?  Ask the Broncos....Eagles.....the rest of the league is growing tired of their shit too.

the question is why isn't the league fining and punishing the steelers like the rest of the leagues players.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 12:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the question is why isn't the league fining and punishing the steelers like the rest of the leagues players.

Yep......I have a feeling I know that answer.....if I'm right, it's sickening, and would probably cause me to quit watching the NFL if I KNEW without a shred of a doubt it was true.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Oh c'mon..There was a bee about to sting Burfict's leg and DeCastro was just trying to keep him from getting stung.. Anyone can see that..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Saw it live, was screaming at my TV. POS.

But like all the guys that said it, just some hard nosed Stooler football.

The refs were actually not terrible in this game besides this and the Burfict personal foul on Ben...

Burfict just gets a raw deal now no matter what happens.

People don't even look at the play on the field anymore. They just say that Burfict needs to get suspended.

Remember when they fined him for stomping on a Pats player and it never even showed it on tape?

They just said it happened so it happened. Sick
Reply/Quote
Well apparently CBS is willing to step up and call out the steelers for being a dirtbag team, of course ESPN is avoiding all mention of the stomp and we know the league will just sweep this under the rug. Maybe decastro will have to go do some laps for his bad behavior.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/game-film-shows-steelers-decastro-stomping-on-vontaze-burfict/

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
When did Kyrie turn into Steve Nash wtf

Oops wrong board lol
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 09:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Then condemn the shit the steelers have done for the past 30 years, and a guy like Burfict finally punched back.  The bully is always the bully until they get punched in the nose.

The problem is, this bully's dad is the principal, and he gets his own set of rules.  

Perfect analogy.

(12-22-2016, 09:37 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes it certainly does go both ways. And I have no problem calling burfict dirty for some of his post snap extracurriculars (leg stomp, ball tap, etc). However I don't buy into most of his between the whistle plays being dirty, I think that's where he gets unnecesarily demonized

Exactly. Dirty player? At times. The level of demonizing is so ridiculously over the top though. I guess that's what happens when you cross a fan/commissioner favorite though.

(12-22-2016, 11:12 AM)motoarch Wrote: I don't dislike burfict, I don't want him hurt and I'm happy he's on our side but if you fight fire with fire you're going to get stomped on by some douche bag.

The problem I have with this is that it makes it seem like Tez "had it coming" because he started it. IMO, the Steelers started it years ago, and THEY had it coming. Fwiw, I wish they'd all play clean, but good luck with that.

(12-23-2016, 10:26 PM)Housh Wrote: When did Kyrie turn into Steve Nash wtf

Oops wrong board lol

Is he still dishing dimes all over the 
place? Oops I replied to a post that belongs on a different board. Cool
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 09:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Then condemn the shit the steelers have done for the past 30 years, and a guy like Burfict finally punched back.  The bully is always the bully until they get punched in the nose.

The bullys dad is the principal, the local sheriff, and judge. 

It is a crock  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 05:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
Full article with additional angles.

Not the least bit surprising.  DeCastro is human garbage.  Burfict got his concussion because he went down to stop the scumbag from taking out his knees, which was clearly what he was going to do.  I watched DeCastro closely all day and he followed Burfict the whole game, just looking for the chance to end him.  His assignment was to injure Burfict, plain and simple.   That's what the Steelers do--they injure who they fear.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 09:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Would be a tragic shame, should a DLman get the low on DeCastro, and ruin his knee.  Would be a real shame, but I wouldn't shed a tear..

He chased Burfict's knees the whole game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I reported that the NFL did not fine DeCastro for any actions in that pile. Even though the official on the ground threw a flag (which was picked up and not discussed) the league clearly didn't see anything there.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 04:08 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I reported that the NFL did not fine DeCastro for any actions in that pile. Even though the official on the ground threw a flag (which was picked up and not discussed) the league clearly didn't see anything there.

And none of that is even slightly surprising. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 04:08 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I reported that the NFL did not fine DeCastro for any actions in that pile. Even though the official on the ground threw a flag (which was picked up and not discussed) the league clearly didn't see anything there.

And people ask me why I've completely lost interest in the NFL...
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 05:41 PM)Earendil Wrote: And people ask me why I've completely lost interest in the NFL...

Must not have completely lost interest if you're still watching and commenting on it...
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 05:44 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Must not have completely lost interest if you're still watching and commenting on it...

I comment here occasionally. But I don't watch the games any more even if I have the option.
Reply/Quote