Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeDe Westbrook
According to Josina Anderson, we have had preliminary talks with the former Jaguars receiver. He has also talked with the Vikings and the Chiefs it appears. He would be the kind of depth WR piece I have been expecting the team to sign for a while now and would probably capture a decent amount of WR 4 targets as well as return punts.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 11:04 AM)Au165 Wrote: According to Josina Anderson, we have had preliminary talks with the former Jaguars receiver. He has also talked with the Vikings and the Chiefs it appears. He would be the kind of depth WR piece I have been expecting the team to sign for a while now and would probably capture a decent amount of WR 4 targets as well as return punts.

Age / skill-set, he would be the best fit out there in the FA market.  He does have some concerns character-wise though.  
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 01:02 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Age / skill-set, he would be the best fit out there in the FA market.  He does have some concerns character-wise though.  

What are the character concerns. Locker room?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 08:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What are the character concerns. Locker room?

Arrested twice for violence (once punching the face w closed fist and once biting ) against the mother of two of his kids. (She chose not to press charges, so he avoided conviction ). This was before Oklahoma fwiw.

Also, a scout said that he’s the only player he’d seen get kicked out of an interview during the combine. His answer to a question at the combine when asked about the aforementioned domestic violence incidents, he said, “I wasn’t convicted , so I’m just like you.” I’m sure his agent wanted to duct tape his mouth shut lol.
Reply/Quote
Well personal issues aside he seems a bit better than Josh Doctson who I had posted about.

Wes do you have a breakdown of his catch ratio?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 01:31 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well personal issues aside he seems a bit better than Josh Doctson who I had posted about.

Completely agree, and if we could land him for a reasonable price, I think he would be the best FA wr to go after by far.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 12:57 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: Arrested twice for violence (once punching the face w closed fist and once biting ) against  the mother of two of his kids.   (She chose not to press charges, so he avoided conviction ).  This was before Oklahoma fwiw.  

Also, a scout said that he’s the only player he’d seen get kicked out of an interview during the combine.   His answer to a question at the combine when asked about the aforementioned domestic violence incidents, he said, “I wasn’t convicted , so I’m just like you.”   I’m sure his agent wanted to duct tape his mouth shut lol.

Thanks for this Dr.Z, didn't know about these concerns.

It was a long time ago though, still would like to bring in Westbrook for depth.
Reply/Quote