Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DeSean Jackson Looks to Settle Fastest Man Bet with John Ross
Apparently John Ross has a charity flag football event that Snoop Dogg is involved with.

I hope that Ross does not get injured in this:

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/06/desean-jackson-racing-john-ross-for-charity/
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2019, 03:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Apparently John Ross has a charity flag football event that Snoop Dogg is involved with.

I hope that Ross does not get injured in this:

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/06/desean-jackson-racing-john-ross-for-charity/

I was good with the article until I seen comments from Michael Vick. Dog closed the article and ran over and bit the neighbor. I will apologize to him tomorrow when I sober up.

Anyway, this would be stupid. Show your speed on the field and don't get hurt in stupid shenanigans like this that cost's your team. If he races, I see that as being selfish. I compare this to two fat guys with families and also high cholesterol and heart problems having an eating contest.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't expect any better from Ross. SMH!
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2019, 04:18 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I don't expect any better from Ross. SMH!

I would have never drafted this dude,instead Michael Thomas with the saints who by the way is a ohio state buckeye.Ross has done NOTHING to impresss me to be a first rounder and I think he will peter out sometime this year.I would keep Malone and tate and cut ross.he is an idiot.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2019, 04:22 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I would have never drafted this dude,instead Michael Thomas with the saints who by the way is a ohio state buckeye.Ross has done NOTHING to impresss me to be a first rounder and I think he will peter out sometime this year.I would keep Malone and tate and cut ross.he is an idiot.

Mike Brown and Zac Taylor need to put a big old NO stamp on this...… if they let him do it, he'll be out the season with hamstring injuries, just like his run at the combine.
Reply/Quote
Lots of panties in a wad over something that probably will never happen. Sometimes, it's just embarrassing to be a part of this group. Getting reamed over having a charity event. SMH. Don't know why I waste my time even coming here any more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm more intrigued by John Ross having a celebrity basketball game. Basketball seems like a pretty good way to get hurt, moreso than running, but I'm no doctor so I could be wrong. Anyways, I guess by this time the race has already happened if it happened at all. How many torn this-n-that's does Ross have?
Reply/Quote
If people are this worried about Ross running a straight line in the off season, god forbid he ever tries to change direction. Or participate in non-contact drills like Jonah Williams.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 05:08 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If people are this worried about Ross running a straight line in the off season, god forbid he ever tries to change direction.  Or participate in non-contact drills like Jonah Williams.

Did you not watch his combine?
Reply/Quote
Didn't this thing happen already? Is Ross hurt?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2019, 04:22 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I would have never drafted this dude,instead Michael Thomas with the saints who by the way is a ohio state buckeye.Ross has done NOTHING to impresss me to be a first rounder and I think he will peter out sometime this year.I would keep Malone and tate and cut ross.he is an idiot.

Michael Thomas and John Ross were in different draft classes...
If the Bengals would have drafted Thomas, it would have been in place of WJ3.
Although the team probably would have looked better with Thomas and Marshon Lattimore instead of Ross and WJ3, but you can't know for sure.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 05:08 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If people are this worried about Ross running a straight line in the off season, god forbid he ever tries to change direction.  Or participate in non-contact drills like Jonah Williams.

Fear is a powerful thing
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm fine with it as long as he doesn't attempt to take a shower at home since most accidents happen in the home.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 02:35 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm fine with it as long as he doesn't attempt to take a shower at home since most accidents happen in the home.. 

I read that my home was the most likely place for me to suffer a severe injury.  

So I moved.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2019, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I read that my home was the most likely place for me to suffer a severe injury.  

So I moved.

Well, if you're looking for a great excuse to be homeless....

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

It doesn't really take advanced intellect to know that if you're an offensive lineman, there's no such thing as a non-contact drill.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Does anyone find it odd that people get concerned about Ross injuring himself while running? Is the guy that fragile that he needs to be kept in a glass jar?

Frankly, he should be returning kicks for us. He was a very good returner in college his first two seasons.

Reply/Quote
I say it’s a waste of time and energy trying to bubble wrap the guy. Let him live and if he can’t survive a simple sprint then we can sooner move on from him and replace him with a real football player.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2019, 08:41 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Does anyone find it odd that people get concerned about Ross injuring himself while running? Is the guy that fragile that he needs to be kept in a glass jar?

Frankly, he should be returning kicks for us. He was a very good returner in college his first two seasons.

He's fragile. No doubt. He pulled his hamstring against the Saints last year running in space.

He's been out for atleast part of camp this year so far. No word on the injury.

I'd rather him focus on being a good WR. And playing in a basketball game? He doesn't need to do that.
Reply/Quote
If he's gonna get hurt running in a straight line what hope is there for a season of football? Let the guy have fun. Players do actually have lives that consist of other things besides just football. Should they all avoid eating food on the outside chance they MIGHT strangle on a string of spaghetti? They might accidentally drown on a glass of water, could "tweek" a muscle in bed and gawd forbid, they might go blind watching TV!  Nervous We already know the dangers of jerking off and blindness! I only have a forehead and nose as a result! 

Reply/Quote