Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeShaun Watson
Watson is not playing well. 2 turnovers last night led to 2 defensive TDs for the Steelers. He committed 2 flagrant personal fouls when he grabbed facemasks and threw players to the ground. And on top of that he laid his hands on a referee which not only should have been an automatic penalty but should have resulted in an ejection but somehow it wasn't called.

Is the NFL going to let him get away with that or is he looking at a 1 game suspension for his behavior?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I said during our game against them that Deshaun Watson was the Bengals' best player for maybe 75% of that game. He had one good play against us, which didn't involve him throwing the ball. Other than that, he was skipping passes to wide open receivers with regularity.

I don't want to write him off after 8 games because, knowing how the world works, bad people are usually the last to go away. But it is starting to look like he's genuinely washed, which would be the best development in football all year. No one deserves this more than the Browns.
Reply/Quote
Watch his body language. He is totally uncomfortable out there, and looks like he doesn't even want to be there 3/4ths of the time. He's getting hit a lot. I said he'll be on IR by game 5, and I still think that is the case. With Chubb now gone and unable to carry the team, it will get worse. Old dude is going to take his guaranteed bank and head off to the massage parlors.
Reply/Quote
With his Oline and plenty of people to throw to and with Chubb pre-knee injury he should have been doing a bangup job. Make no bones about it Cleveland is where QBs go to die.. Trade Burrow to them for their first round picks for the next 300 years!   Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ryan Clark said something earlier about how teams now have a button to press on Watson, that's a difference between 2020 Watson and now. The amount of trash talk he probably gets has increased on the field and maybe he can't mentally handle it on the field or it affects him just enough.

Watson doesn't matter at all they're a running team, they should throw just enough to rest their RBs.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 10:38 AM)pally Wrote: Watson is not playing well.  2 turnovers last night led to 2 defensive TDs for the Steelers.  He committed 2 flagrant personal fouls when he grabbed facemasks and threw players to the ground.  And on top of that he laid his hands on a referee which not only should have been an automatic penalty but should have resulted in an ejection but somehow it wasn't called.

Is the NFL going to let him get away with that or is he looking at a 1 game suspension for his behavior?

Well I think DeShaun is doing just fine.

And I hope the Browns stick by him.

Don't listen to the haters, Kevin!!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 12:06 PM)Dill Wrote: Well I think DeShaun is doing just fine.

And I hope the Browns stick by him.

Don't listen to the haters, Kevin!!

Agreed, Kevin! Keep trimming the santa clause beard close, all the Cleveland women are in love with you. Keep throwing the ball, sling it first!! 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 10:43 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I said during our game against them that Deshaun Watson was the Bengals' best player for maybe 75% of that game. He had one good play against us, which didn't involve him throwing the ball. Other than that, he was skipping passes to wide open receivers with regularity.

I don't want to write him off after 8 games because, knowing how the world works, bad people are usually the last to go away. But it is starting to look like he's genuinely washed, which would be the best development in football all year. No one deserves this more than the Browns.

dude just needs a massage.
Reply/Quote
Hilarious
https://www.cleveland.com/sports/2023/09/if-browns-quarterback-deshaun-watson-cant-play-like-a-star-can-he-at-least-play-like-baker-mayfield.html
Reply/Quote
Give the guy a break! He's already looking over his shoulder at Johnny Football.. Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 05:31 PM)pally Wrote:

LOL, has any QB ever been fined twice for UR in a single game prior to this?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I know he had a good game today but that play where he threw it backwards to avoid a sack was some all time great comedy.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 09:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know he had a good game today but that play where he threw it backwards to avoid a sack was some all time great comedy.

He may have some talent, but he is still a Brown.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote