Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeVonta Smith could make our offense unstoppable.
So Smith vs Chase at #5 if Sewell is gone.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 10:54 PM)Big Boss Wrote: So Smith vs Chase at #5 if Sewell is gone.

Fields is playing great so far, so he is looking again like #2 which is great for us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 11:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Fields is playing great so far, so he is looking again like #2 which is great for us.

I’m also hoping the Jets fall in love with Zach Wilson from BYU. Also, we could be sitting there at 5 and get a call from a team wanting to trade up if Fields or Wilson are still on the board.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 11:08 PM)tBengal Wrote: I’m also hoping the Jets fall in love with Zach Wilson from BYU. Also, we could be sitting there at 5 and get a call from a team wanting to trade up if Fields or Wilson are still on the board.

I think we will have a lot of great options at pick number 5 and likely we can move back 4 or 5 spots and get a great pick and another 2nd or 3 rd round pick.

Just hard to find trade partners who will give up picks
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 10:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will to try and not get snarky, I respect you too much for that. I never said I would not ask those who opted out the question, Chase, Sewell and many others opted out. As I watched Smith today, the decision may have cost Chase some money and draft position as Smith played and played like a stud, while no one has seen Chase play for a year.

I own a business that has not shut down, but I will not put anyone's job  in jeopardy for not wanting to take the risk due to the virus. Most need to work so even though they may have some fear, they need to support their family. My employees are all stars to me, but not NFL of high level college players. But, in the end, I am not sure it matters if you are rich or poor, everyone has to make decisions that are best for them.

Will it really cost Chase much money? Even if Smith goes before him he’ll still be a high 1st round pick.

Reply/Quote
With Fields playing amazing tonight, there might be 3 quarterbacks in the top 5 in the draft . We need to lose and stay in the top 5 in order to get Sewell, Chase, Parsons, Pitts, Surtain. We need some generational type talent in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 01:30 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: With Fields playing amazing tonight,  there might be 3 quarterbacks in the top 5 in the draft   .   We need to lose and stay in the top 5 in order to get Sewell, Chase, Parsons, Pitts,  Surtain.    We need some generational type talent in this draft.

I really doubt we beat the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2021, 11:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Fields is playing great so far, so he is looking again like #2 which is great for us.

Justin Fields showed that Northwestern was an oddity. Definitely proved himself against Clemson.
Really good for the Bengals, as now there may be 3 QBs who go Top 5 (Lawrence, Fields, Wilson).

Combine could be big for both Devonta Smith and Ja'Marr Chase, as both are about the same height (~6'1") but Chase has about 30 lbs on Smith.

In terms of stats in their final season:
Smith (12 games) - 105 rec, 1641 yards, 20 TDs (+ 1 rush TD)
Chase (14 games) - 84 rec, 1780 yards, 20 TDs

Both I think will be very good WRs in the NFL, so I think it would just come down to fit and preference by the staff and Burrow specifically.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
There's no way I take a WR at #5. Makes very little sense.
Reply/Quote
This is a very deep WR class. We can definitely get a good one later on. We do not take one with a top 5 pick, that would be stupid. We have two good WRs in Boyd and Higgins. With the glaring holes on the O and D lines, we do not need a third WR more than a lineman. At 5, you trade back with some QB hungry team, get an extra pick, and take OT Darrisaw from Va Tech. Started every game since freshman year, got better each year, is massive, has a huge reach and is athletic in both the run and pass blocking depts. If we pick up an OL during FA, then take Pitts.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 01:14 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: There's no way I take a WR at #5.  Makes very little sense.

(01-04-2021, 02:52 PM)Beaker Wrote: This is a very deep WR class. We can definitely get a good one later on. We do not take one with a top 5 pick, that would be stupid. We have two good WRs in Boyd and Higgins. With the glaring holes on the O and D lines, we do not need a third WR more than a lineman. At 5, you trade back with some QB hungry team, get an extra pick, and take OT Darrisaw from Va Tech. Started every game since freshman year, got better each year, is massive, has a huge reach and is athletic in both the run and pass blocking depts. If we pick up an OL during FA, then take Pitts.

Agree.  We have adequate depth at WR, but we desperately need OL and DL help.  We also have no TE, could use a stud LB, and need some CB help if WJIII walks.  My current preference would be Sewell, then Parsons, then Surtain/Farley, then Pitts.  I'd like to see another OT test well and shoot up the board (Slater? Darrisaw? Vera-Tucker?) as well as a couple of DL/pass rushers (Paye? Rosseau?) to give us and other teams some more options.  We just have too many other needs to spend a first on a WR.

BTW, did you know that out of all the 14 playoff teams this year, only 2 have a first-round WR as their leading receiver?  TB (Evans) and Bal (Brown).  Anecdotal, sure, but still interesting. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 12:05 PM)shanebo Wrote: Agree.  We have adequate depth at WR, but we desperately need OL and DL help.  We also have no TE, could use a stud LB, and need some CB help if WJIII walks.  My current preference would be Sewell, then Parsons, then Surtain/Farley, then Pitts.  I'd like to see another OT test well and shoot up the board (Slater? Darrisaw? Vera-Tucker?) as well as a couple of DL/pass rushers (Paye? Rosseau?) to give us and other teams some more options.  We just have too many other needs to spend a first on a WR.

BTW, did you know that out of all the 14 playoff teams this year, only 2 have a first-round WR as their leading receiver?  TB (Evans) and Bal (Brown).  Anecdotal, sure, but still interesting. 

We don’t even have 3 good starters, let alone depth.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 12:05 PM)shanebo Wrote: Agree.  We have adequate depth at WR, but we desperately need OL and DL help.  We also have no TE, could use a stud LB, and need some CB help if WJIII walks.  My current preference would be Sewell, then Parsons, then Surtain/Farley, then Pitts.  I'd like to see another OT test well and shoot up the board (Slater? Darrisaw? Vera-Tucker?) as well as a couple of DL/pass rushers (Paye? Rosseau?) to give us and other teams some more options.  We just have too many other needs to spend a first on a WR.

We have no depth at WR.  You typically play 3 WR's and we only have 3 under contract for next year unless you count the PS guys.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 02:52 PM)Beaker Wrote: This is a very deep WR class. We can definitely get a good one later on. We do not take one with a top 5 pick, that would be stupid. We have two good WRs in Boyd and Higgins. With the glaring holes on the O and D lines, we do not need a third WR more than a lineman. At 5, you trade back with some QB hungry team, get an extra pick, and take OT Darrisaw from Va Tech. Started every game since freshman year, got better each year, is massive, has a huge reach and is athletic in both the run and pass blocking depts. If we pick up an OL during FA, then take Pitts.

Yes and no.  There are only 6 WR's in CBS's Top 100 that are 200+ pounds.  There are a ton of undersized guys that project to the slot, but we already have a great slot receiver in Boyd. We need an outside WR and those are few and far between.
Reply/Quote
Can smith play tackle or guard? He will not make this offense unstoppable if the qb doesn’t have time to get him the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:51 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Can smith play tackle or guard? He will not make this offense unstoppable if the qb doesn’t have time to get him the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the bengals get good OL help in FA he could.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 06:52 PM)Okeana Wrote: ah yeah ignore the fact that the combo put up the best QB/receiver record in CFB history and he dropped near 1800 yards out performing the best WR in this years draft who has immediate success in the NFL.  Sorry but no

I agree with you on Chase. 

Let's sign FA lineman like Thuney, Scherff and Moton. This year should be devoted to improving one side of the ball. 
Since we already have Joe Burrow that makes sense to me.  The NFL is an Offensive happy league.
Our defense will be a little better just with the injured coming back.

Let's bring Joe Burrow to the 2021 NFL season with a lot of weapons and protection. 

Once we have this we can focus on Defense the following year.
Reply/Quote
Smith performance tonight........ He just may be the Ross we never had.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 11:48 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Smith performance tonight........ He just may be the Ross we never had.

He’s not even going to make it to 5 at this rate.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 11:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s not even going to make it to 5 at this rate.

No kidding.... Dolphins may go with him at #3 to pair with Tua.

Good news if you want Sewell pending Jets don't take him.... likely another player off the board.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote