Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congratulations to Carlos Dunlap
Carlos was the AFC Defensive Player of the Week. His 3 sacks and multiple disruptions of the Jets offensive helped power the Bengals way to their first victory of the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He damn sure earned it!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yet he barely squeaked out the Game Ball in the Message Board forum.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yet he barely squeaked out the Game Ball in the Message Board forum.

It was my vote that put him over the top. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
great job carlos, now can we get g. atkins back on that list somehow? Then, if we can get A. Green back on the field we can be perennial playoff first round losers. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yet he barely squeaked out the Game Ball in the Message Board forum.

It is conceivable he could be the best defensive player in the league for a week and still not have been the best or most influential player on his own team

He was competing against an offensive player in the forum.  He was only competing against defensive players for the NFL award. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Great job Carlos D.
Now don't disapear for 4 weeks
Cause everytime you get a multi sack Game
You disapear the next few weeks
He should be able to wreck havoc on the Browns RT.
Reply/Quote
Carlos had a great game and deserved to be AFC Defensive Player of the Week. Carlos looked like he was really enjoying himself out there and the whole team played hard. Props for the effort and props also for coach Taylor getting that effort out of an 0-11 team.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 03:10 PM)pally Wrote: It is conceivable he could be the best defensive player in the league for a week and still not have been the best or most influential player on his own team

He was competing against an offensive player in the forum.  He was only competing against defensive players for the NFL award. 

How dare you! Don't you realize everyone here is stupid if you don't agree with the media! Tired of having to explain this type of stuff....
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 02:37 PM)pally Wrote: Carlos was the AFC Defensive Player of the Week.  His 3 sacks and multiple disruptions of the Jets offensive helped power the Bengals way to their first victory of the season

great game... Need to see 16 of them next year.... (not 16 3 sack games but 16 great games)
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 02:37 PM)pally Wrote: Carlos was the AFC Defensive Player of the Week.  His 3 sacks and multiple disruptions of the Jets offensive helped power the Bengals way to their first victory of the season

Played great pretty much all day, completely disruptive. Deserved it big time.

Hubbard also had a great game, was all over the place playing LB, End and DT and got a sack.

Thought Pratt played well too, was in the right position for the most part and that helped out the front.

Brandon Wilson had a couple nice pass break ups and should be a Pro Bowler this year for his returning.

Leading the league even if it is in part to us getting scored on all the time, he is a damn good returner.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 04:42 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Carlos had a great game and deserved to be AFC Defensive Player of the Week. Carlos looked like he was really enjoying himself out there and the whole team played hard. Props for the effort and props also for coach Taylor getting that effort out of an 0-11 team.

How about props for getting to 0-11? Nice that they are still playing hard I guess but more effort would have been nice to see in weeks 2-11
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 03:10 PM)pally Wrote: It is conceivable he could be the best defensive player in the league for a week and still not have been the best or most influential player on his own team

It was just another lame shot at Andy Dalton... Hey did you hear that he had a really bad game against Pittsburgh earlier this year?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 09:47 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: How about props for getting to 0-11? Nice that they are still playing hard I guess but more effort would have been nice to see in weeks 2-11

True, it would have been nice to see them play better and have a lot more wins in weeks 2-11, but the point I was trying to make was that this team wasn't playing like an 0-11 team Sunday. The team could have easily folded up the tents and quit on Taylor and the rest of the season, I mean really what is their incentive to win and play hard at this point except pride? I don't know if Taylor is going to workout in Cincinnati or not, and he's had a horrible start that's for sure, but this team and Carlos Dunlap played hard for the man last Sunday. Who Dey.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 12:57 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: True, it would have been nice to see them play better and have a lot more wins in weeks 2-11, but the point I was trying to make was that this team wasn't playing like an 0-11 team Sunday. The team could have easily folded up the tents and quit on Taylor and the rest of the season, I mean really what is their incentive to win and play hard at this point except pride? I don't know if Taylor is going to workout in Cincinnati or not, and he's had a horrible start that's for sure, but this team and Carlos Dunlap played hard for the man last Sunday. Who Dey.

Pride? On this team. Pride starts and ends with the hangnail on Mikeys big toe in this organization. I think the players know if they perform in small patches in order to secure their jobs for the next year. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Love Dunlap. Such a beast !
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 10:01 PM)jason Wrote: It was just another lame shot at Andy Dalton... Hey did you hear that he had a really bad game against Pittsburgh earlier this year?

Nah, not a shot at Andy; perhaps a shot at a certain population, but not Andy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 04:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, not a shot at Andy; perhaps a shot at a certain population, but not Andy.

That shot missed it's Mark too. I do believe that there is video evidence on this very site as to who the game ball was awarded to. Carlos Dunlap is probably my favorite Bengal. It's ok to admit that you don't like certain players.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote