Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History: 50 dead in Las Vegas
Form what I have heard they weren't NFA firearms but semi autos equiped with a slide/bump fire device
I was just watching this out of curiosity:

(Warning: The video is pretty disturbing)

Dude fired over 60 rounds non-stop in about 9 seconds initially, then there was a 35 second pause until he open up again. Some of the sounds on the video are impacts or ricochets. The sound of the gun report is a little delayed because of the distance.

Sick bastard.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
There's so many logistical questions out there.  How did he get all that ammo up there? not to mention the guns too. That would have had to take multiple suitcases full of ammo.  and one suitcase full of ammo would have been pretty heavy.  Heavy enough that I don't know if one guy could lift it.  How many suitcases would it have taken to haul it all up there.  No security agent would have questioned this? There's cameras EVERYWHERE in Vegas.  and each camera has security teams watching them. Nobody caught this? Another thing.....This guy would have had to specifically ask for a room facing the concert.  That room he was in wasn't just a random choosing.  And if he did ask for that specific side of the hotel, why would he ask for that side and not the LV strip side? Was it a suite? Why is there two window panes blown out? 7 window panes apart from each other.  No one would have stopped to question why one guy, staying for only 4 nights, asking for a specific room, and carrying multiple heavy suitcases up to that said room? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(10-02-2017, 03:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: There's so many logistical questions out there.  How did he get all that ammo up there? not to mention the guns too. That would have had to take multiple suitcases full of ammo.  and one suitcase full of ammo would have been pretty heavy.  Heavy enough that I don't know if one guy could lift it.  How many suitcases would it have taken to haul it all up there.  No security agent would have questioned this? There's cameras EVERYWHERE in Vegas.  and each camera has security teams watching them. Nobody caught this? Another thing.....This guy would have had to specifically ask for a room facing the concert.  That room he was in wasn't just a random choosing.  And if he did ask for that specific side of the hotel, why would he ask for that side and not the LV strip side? Was it a suite? Why is there two window panes blown out? 7 window panes apart from each other.  No one would have stopped to question why one guy, staying for only 4 nights, asking for a specific room, and carrying multiple heavy suitcases up to that said room? 

He almost certainly made multiple trips to his room.  The firearms could have been in a Pelican case, or something similar, which wouldn't arouse suspicion (people often carry expensive camera equipment in such cases).  The ammunition could easily be brought up in a rolling suitcase in one trip.  Depending on the caliber the weight wouldn't have been prohibitive.  Even .308 Winchester would be doable, and I'd be willing to bet heavily that was what he used, that or, IMO less likely, .223 Remington.  The room facing the venue is easy, booking rooms in Vegas the view of your room is always stated.  You pay more for rooms with a nice view, the Strip being preferred.  Carrying the multiple suitcases wouldn't raise any alarms because who is going to notice the same guy at the times he's carrying up the suitcases on multiple days?  Certainly not the same employee in each instance, even assuming they would recognize him from previous days.
(10-02-2017, 03:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He almost certainly made multiple trips to his room.  The firearms could have been in a Pelican case, or something similar, which wouldn't arouse suspicion (people often carry expensive camera equipment in such cases).  The ammunition could easily be brought up in a rolling suitcase in one trip.  Depending on the caliber the weight wouldn't have been prohibitive.  Even .308 Winchester would be doable, and I'd be willing to bet heavily that was what he used, that or, IMO less likely, .223 Remington.  The room facing the venue is easy, booking rooms in Vegas the view of your room is always stated.  You pay more for rooms with a nice view, the Strip being preferred.  Carrying the multiple suitcases wouldn't raise any alarms because who is going to notice the same guy at the times he's carrying up the suitcases on multiple days?  Certainly not the same employee in each instance, even assuming they would recognize him from previous days.

Or even using something like a modified golf bag, because no one would suspect a trip or two a day back to room with that.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Then there is this guy flipping off the shooter. I don't know what to say. Drinking his beer and flipping off the shooter...WTF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlyFOpzZJpQ
(10-02-2017, 04:26 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Or even using something like a modified golf bag, because no one would suspect a trip or two a day back to room with that.

True, not to mention that you can field strip many firearms to the point that you could carry it in almost anything.  An AR, especially, can be broken down to the lower and upper and carried in a normal suitcase or duffel bag.  You could easily fit ten ARs broken down this way in one large suitcase.  You'd want padding separating them, but you get the point.
(10-02-2017, 02:05 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: The guy stock piled weapons and  picked off people like sitting targets from  a hotel window. The amount of planning involved was sick.

Not necessarily. The guy could've woke up that morning and — provided he had the guns and ammo already, or knew where to get them — done this. Until there's a motive, it's not really clear why a country music performance was the target. Or maybe the target didn't matter. The guy could've logged onto the LV tourism bureau's web site, saw what event were going on around town and started calling hotels until he found an open room facing something that would have lots of people.
Maybe its just me, but im honestly shocked that this kind of stuff doesnt happen more often. Its so easy for someone to run up into a crowd with some kind of weapon and kill a bunch of people.

Prayers and thoughts to those affected in Vegas. Absolutely horrible.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(10-02-2017, 04:48 PM)Benton Wrote: Not necessarily. The guy could've woke up that morning and — provided he had the guns and ammo already, or knew where to get them — done this. Until there's a motive, it's not really clear why a country music performance was the target. Or maybe the target didn't matter. The guy could've logged onto the LV tourism bureau's web site, saw what event were going on around town and started calling hotels until he found an open room facing something that would have lots of people.

Exactly. Obtain and modify weapons - easy enough. Book a hotel room requesting a concert facing room - even easier. Cary the guns up to your room in a black duffel bag or ammo case - easy. 

I could literally walk into a hotel anywhere in the US with a black case filled with ammo and guns and no one would suspect a thing. They would just think its normal luggage. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(10-02-2017, 04:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Maybe its just me, but im honestly shocked that this kind of stuff doesnt happen more often. Its so easy for someone to run up into a crowd with some kind of weapon and kill a bunch of people.

Prayers and thoughts to those affected in Vegas. Absolutely horrible.

Exactly. Tailgating at at football game. Or during a game. Set up shop across the street and fire into the crowd. It's ***** scary.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(10-02-2017, 04:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Exactly. Obtain and modify weapons - easy enough. Book a hotel room requesting a concert facing room - even easier. Cary the guns up to your room in a black duffel bag or ammo case - easy. 

I could literally walk into a hotel anywhere in the US with a black case filled with ammo and guns and no one would suspect a thing. They would just think its normal luggage. 

I was talking to a co-worker who was saying we should just outlaw anything that's not a handgun, but along the same lines, if you wanted to injure or harm lots of people, you could make a portable bomb in a black suitcase, roll it into public area (hotel, mall, parking lot of tailgaters) and have it go off. Or a Timothy McVeigh-esque van parked near somewhere populated.
(10-02-2017, 04:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Maybe its just me, but im honestly shocked that this kind of stuff doesnt happen more often. Its so easy for someone to run up into a crowd with some kind of weapon and kill a bunch of people.

I was under the impression that mass-shootings were pretty common in this country.

(10-02-2017, 05:04 PM)Benton Wrote: I was talking to a co-worker who was saying we should just outlaw anything that's not a handgun, but along the same lines, if you wanted to injure or harm lots of people, you could make a portable bomb in a black suitcase, roll it into public area (hotel, mall, parking lot of tailgaters) and have it go off. Or a Timothy McVeigh-esque van parked near somewhere populated.

As weird as this will sound, I'd say bombs lack the "hands-on" satisfaction that shooters get from gunning people down.  Yeah, this is sick stuff, but there are psychological connections between murder and the manner of the murder.  
(10-02-2017, 05:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was under the impression that mass-shootings were pretty common in this country.

You think that because when it happens it is a memorable event and it sticks with you forever.  
In reality  it happens very rarely.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(10-02-2017, 12:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: If there is some severe mental illness involved I'll have a little more understanding.

He may not have been diagnosed, but you'll never convince me someone that commits mass murder isn't mentally ill.
--------------------------------------------------------

(10-02-2017, 05:23 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: You think that because when it happens it is a memorable event and it sticks with you forever.  
In reality  it happens very rarely.

How often do mass shootings happen in this country?  You can type it into google and get all sorts of answers.  What is a normal amount of mass shootings?  I can tell you just on this message board we were talking a few days ago about how someone posted about a shooting at a church in Tennessee (I think?) and most of the discussion was how little attention we paid it because it was such an expected thing.
(10-02-2017, 04:48 PM)Benton Wrote: Not necessarily. The guy could've woke up that morning and — provided he had the guns and ammo already, or knew where to get them — done this. Until there's a motive, it's not really clear why a country music performance was the target. Or maybe the target didn't matter. The guy could've logged onto the LV tourism bureau's web site, saw what event were going on around town and started calling hotels until he found an open room facing something that would have lots of people.

Reports have said he had gambled with at least 10 G a few days in a row prior to the shooting so my guess is that these last few days were his last hurrah before he killed himself. 

I just cant see a guy grabbing all of those weapons and hiding them in a hotel room with perfect view of the show just in case he had a bad night. It sounds like trying to figure out this  guys motive might be a challenge
(10-02-2017, 05:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How often do mass shootings happen in this country?  You can type it into google and get all sorts of answers.  What is a normal amount of mass shootings?  I can tell you just on this message board we were talking a few days ago about how someone posted about a shooting at a church in Tennessee (I think?) and most of the discussion was how little attention we paid it because it was such an expected thing.

Once or twice a year 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(10-02-2017, 05:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How often do mass shootings happen in this country?  You can type it into google and get all sorts of answers.  What is a normal amount of mass shootings?  I can tell you just on this message board we were talking a few days ago about how someone posted about a shooting at a church in Tennessee (I think?) and most of the discussion was how little attention we paid it because it was such an expected thing.

Well as far as I know there's no universally accepted definition of "mass shooting" so depending on your source the answer changes. 
It's like school shootings, some places count any shooting near a school, or after school hours completely unrelated to school as school shootings. 
(10-02-2017, 09:34 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I hope that, regardless of the shooter's motive, we can have at least a day or two to mourn these poor people with out politicizing this horrific event.

Too late. Hillary and few others have already come out slamming the NRA and a gun bill in Congress. And no one knows exactly how he got the auto weapons yet. As much as I hate Trump, I think I hate that **** even more.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V