Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadliest Mass Shooting in US History: 50 dead in Las Vegas
(10-03-2017, 04:37 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: That is the first that I have heard of an M240 being involved.

I'm a bit skeptical until I see it confirmed.

But it seems plausible that the high rate of fire he had could have set off the fire alarms.

Can’t find the link but from the sounds out the shots it sounds like it. (Coming from experience I used to train people to shoot those).

Also read doctor testimonials saying the bullet holes in some were bigger than anything they’ve ever operated on.

Being a former gunners mate, I can also say that he probably had that many weapons because he feared the over heating of the barrels.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-02-2017, 12:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote:   The only way to do something this wrong is to legitimately believe what you are doing isn't wrong.

Muslim terrorists are a good example.
What a surprise.
Another tragedy, another evil liberal exposed.

CBS executive fired over heartless comment.

Hayley Geftman-Gold, a Vice President and Senior Counsel at the network, posted on social media that she was "not even sympathetic" to shooting victims, because "country music fans often are Republican gun toters."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21825/update-cbs-exec-fired-over-heartless-republican-emily-zanotti

God Bless America was sung by the crowd 1 hour before the shooting.
No motive for the shooting as of yet, but buy deductive reasoning you could exclude him being a Muslim terrorist or a white supremist.

Most closely resembles the actions of an angry anti-Trump liberal still mad over the election.
(10-03-2017, 11:59 PM)Vlad Wrote: What a surprise.
Another tragedy, another evil liberal exposed.
CBS executive fired over heartless comment.
Hayley Geftman-Gold, a Vice President and Senior Counsel at the network, posted on social media that she was "not even sympathetic" to shooting victims, because "country music fans often are Republican gun toters."

A heartless, anti-2nd Amendment liberal. Fired by other liberals apparently, after blaming an entire group for the actions of a few.

Earth to Liberals--Republicans are not Muslims!

(10-03-2017, 11:59 PM)Vlad Wrote: God Bless America was sung by the crowd 1 hour before the shooting.
No motive for the shooting as of yet, but buy deductive reasoning you could exclude him being a Muslim terrorist or a white supremist.
Most closely resembles the actions of an angry anti-Trump liberal still mad over the election.

The hoard of guns clinches the deduction. An evil liberal, certainly, but pro 2nd Amendment at least.
(10-03-2017, 11:59 PM)Vlad Wrote: Most closely resembles the actions of an angry anti-Trump liberal still mad over the election.

Clearly. They've been running around all over the country with their assault rifles attacking innocent people all year since the inauguration!

We better watch our asses, they may come for us too!!!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(10-03-2017, 11:59 PM)Vlad Wrote: Most closely resembles the actions of an angry anti-Trump liberal still mad over the election.

Yeah, that's usually what that kind of people do ...

It is useless to talk, to argue, you guys just leave in another world. Full of plots and enemies.

Sad!

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

"I know I said earlier that I didn't want to get political, but shitstains like Clinton and Kimmel wouldn't let me. Either make a real proposal or STFU, quit tap dancing around the issue by saying "we have to do something!"

The NRA owned right wing conservatives in congress won't vote on anything to do with gun control.

The second amendment was written by our fore fathers at a time when the arms in the " right to bear arms" was a musket that fired a single shot, took 3 minutes to reload and was accurate to 50 yards at best.

I have a few weapons myself for protection but I don't feel the need to own a bunch of guns to feel safe.

What are automatic weapons or kits to convert semi's to auto needed or used for in this country? Are there hunters who hunt with these things?

Should individuals have the right to these weapons so they can shoot them at gun ranges? Can't they get their rocks off doing something else instead of pretending their
Rambo?
Just watched a news conference with the sheriff, an FBI agent and others which gave tidbits of news.

This guy had an escape plan
He had scoped out and had rented another room overlooking another venue
Explosive materials in his vehicle
So much ammo and weapons, he had to have had help
200+ rounds fired down the hallway at security gaurd
Security gaurd who was shot continued to help police clearing rooms after he was shot and forced to get medical attention
A nurse at the concert was shot in her hand. The bullet went through her phone, through her hand, she sewed it up herself then went to help others at the hospital she worked at
Heard about police officers using themselves to draw fire so concert goers could get away
Girlfriend questioned and I assume is cooperating

Still no motive, no rhyme or reason to this yet.

My opinion is this guy had help, spent too long firing at concert goers to get away to wreck more havoc on Las Vegas. I believe he wanted to fire down onto the crowd for 10 minutes, leave, get in his car while police were busy and drive somewhere else and blow stuff up, maybe that play his other rented room was over looking.

I just don't know why.
(10-04-2017, 06:43 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: "I know I said earlier that I didn't want to get political, but shitstains like Clinton and Kimmel wouldn't let me.  Either make a real proposal or STFU, quit tap dancing around the issue by saying "we have to do something!"

The NRA owned right wing conservatives in congress won't vote on anything to do with gun control.

You do realize that not holding a vote is the same as voting, no?

Quote:The second amendment was written by our fore fathers at a time when the arms in the " right to bear arms" was a musket that fired a single shot, took 3 minutes to reload and was accurate to 50 yards at best.

True.  The 2nd amendment was also written at a time when privately owned firearms were very often significantly better than those issued to standing armies.

Quote:I have a few weapons myself for protection but I don't feel the need to own a bunch of guns to feel safe.

I'm glad you own the number of firearms that you deem is appropriate or necessary for you to own.  Please understand that your personal preferences are not those of every gun owner and resist the temptation to impose your views on them.  In so doing remember that many anti-gun ownership types would prefer you don't own any guns at all and draw the correct parallel.

Quote:What are automatic weapons or kits to convert semi's to auto needed or used for in this country? Are there hunters who hunt with these things?

Bump fire stocks are not used by serious gun owners as anything other than a novelty.  I don't own one and wouldn't choose to own one.  However, any person with a bit of knowledge and access to the proper equipment can turn many semi auto long guns in full auto equivalents.  Law abiding gun owners, i.e. the vast, vast majority of them, don't do so.

Quote:Should individuals have the right to these weapons so they can shoot them at gun ranges? Can't they get their rocks off doing something else instead of pretending their
Rambo?

I only pretend I'm Rambo when I slit the throat of an intruder with my serrated, double edged combat knife.  That's just me though.   Mellow
(10-04-2017, 06:43 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: "I know I said earlier that I didn't want to get political, but shitstains like Clinton and Kimmel wouldn't let me.  Either make a real proposal or STFU, quit tap dancing around the issue by saying "we have to do something!"

The second amendment was written by our fore fathers at a time when the arms in the " right to bear arms" was a musket that fired a single shot, took 3 minutes to reload and was accurate to 50 yards at best.

I have a few weapons myself for protection but I don't feel the need to own a bunch of guns to feel safe.

What are automatic weapons or kits to convert semi's to auto needed or used for in this country? Are there hunters who hunt with these things?

Should individuals have the right to these weapons so they can shoot them at gun ranges? Can't they get their rocks off doing something else instead of pretending their
Rambo?

This is the second time the vote on silencers has been delayed.  Both times because it happened to be scheduled when a shooting occurred.

It's like when they say we can't talk about gun violence because gun violence just happened and then by the time its ok to talk about it again there's more violence.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-05-2017, 08:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: This is the second time the vote on silencers has been delayed.  Both times because it happened to be scheduled when a shooting occurred.

It's like when they say we can't talk about gun violence because gun violence just happened and then by the time its ok to talk about it again there's more violence.

Honestly, once our nation collectively decided that the slaughter of 20 children didn't need to spur any meaningful legislation on the matter, I think I stopped expecting there to ever be an actual dialogue on gun violence.
(10-05-2017, 10:52 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Honestly, once our nation collectively decided that the slaughter of 20 children didn't need to spur any meaningful legislation on the matter, I think I stopped expecting there to ever be an actual dialogue on gun violence.

Sorry, the real reason there is no dialogue on gun violence is that one side is completely disingenuous as to their end game.  Do you believe a anti-abortion politician when they say they're proposing a "fetal pain" bill and, if passed, they'll be satisfied?  No, and you shouldn't.  People who are anti-abortion want abortion to be illegal, that's their end game and they go about it by chipping away with "common sense" limits on abortions. 

By the same token the anti-gun crown wants guns to be made illegal.  They usually don't come right out and admit this, although after Vegas more and more are.  That doesn't mean they changed their mind about guns, it just means they finally feel comfortable stating what they've thought all along.  The strategy is to chip way with "common sense" gun laws until gun ownership is illegal.  You see it happening in California as we speak.  No gun owner trusts the anti-gun crown, and they shouldn't. 
I'll start by saying I've been consistent in my support for the 2nd amendment.  I think enforcement of current laws is better than continually adding more laws.

I've also said I don't understand the need to modify a weapon so that it acts like an automatic.  I don't think 700 people are going to invade your house at once.  Nor do I think it would really protect anyone if the government did indeed "come for your guns".  If the Marines show up at the door most people will pee themselves and turn over their guns...the ones that think they can fight will be dead long before they get to their stash.

Nonetheless...

"common sense" laws might include things like not letting people deemed by the state as unable to handle their own affairs buy a gun.  Or trying to find all those loopholes where guns being sold without background checks.  Or anything that would LIMIT the amount of guns in the hands of people who should not have them either for legal or medical reasons. nothing COMPLETELY end these tragedies.

Maybe those laws are there and not being enforced?  Maybe there is an active group opposing any and all gun laws in order to boost sales.

[Image: 22228327_1654000331299381_50602594056883...e=5A7F81A7] 
(10-05-2017, 11:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'll start by saying I've been consistent in my support for the 2nd amendment.  I think enforcement of current laws is better than continually adding more laws.

I've also said I don't understand the need to modify a weapon so that it acts like an automatic.  I don't think 700 people are going to invade your house at once.  Nor do I think it would really protect anyone if the government did indeed "come for your guns".  If the Marines show up at the door most people will pee themselves and turn over their guns...the ones that think they can fight will be dead long before they get to their stash.

Nonetheless...

"common sense" laws might include things like not letting people deemed by the state as unable to handle their own affairs buy a gun.  Or trying to find all those loopholes where guns being sold without background checks.  Or anything that would LIMIT the amount of guns in the hands of people who should not have them either for legal or medical reasons.  nothing COMPLETELY end these tragedies.

Maybe those laws are there and not being enforced?  Maybe there is an active group opposing any and all gun laws in order to boost sales.

[Image: 22228327_1654000331299381_50602594056883...e=5A7F81A7] 

Read post #112 (as per the Solomon Georgio quote).  I'm pro-life, and I know exactly what the pro-life laws are designed to do.  Just like the common sense no smoking laws.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

More proof, for those that apparently need it, of my statements above.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/05/we-need-fewer-guns-the-activists-who-are-rejecting-half-measures-on-firearms
I've made it clear that I understand that some of these vanity bans are pointless given the easy "hacks" around them and with things like 3D printing. Some of the things people suggest we ban don't actually make the gun any more deadly or can be gotten around or jerry rigged. You also can't ban guns.

One thing I did see online that made me wonder was questioning what system is in place to monitor people who buy a large amount of guns. There's a facebook post going around comparing it to how monitor people buying over the counter drugs in an effort to prevent them from making other drugs. Is this something we already do? Do you think it would be effective?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-05-2017, 01:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: More proof, for those that apparently need it, of my statements above.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/05/we-need-fewer-guns-the-activists-who-are-rejecting-half-measures-on-firearms

Quote:If you need a license to drive a car, you should have a license to purchase a gun,’ are radical at all.”

I stopped here.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-05-2017, 01:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I've made it clear that I understand that some of these vanity bans are pointless given the easy "hacks" around them and with things like 3D printing. Some of the things people suggest we ban don't actually make the gun any more deadly or can be gotten around or jerry rigged. You also can't ban guns.

One thing I did see online that made me wonder was questioning what system is in place to monitor people who buy a large amount of guns. There's a facebook post going around comparing it to how monitor people buying over the counter drugs in an effort to prevent them from making other drugs. Is this something we already do? Do you think it would be effective?

Well that starts the "slippery slope" argument.  If the government knows what you own they can come and take it away from you.  That's what I've been told.

Also we can't keep track of gun violence and study it.

Because, uh, slippery slope?  I dunno.  
(10-05-2017, 02:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well that starts the "slippery slope" argument.  If the government knows what you own they can come and take it away from you.  That's what I've been told.

Also we can't keep track of gun violence and study it.

Because, uh, slippery slope?  I dunno.  

Is that slippery slope?  It's a direct reason (whether or not you think it's valid) to not want something to occur.

(10-05-2017, 02:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Is that slippery slope?  It's a direct reason (whether or not you think it's valid) to not want something to occur.

I don't think it is.  I think all weapons should be registered.