Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Deangelo Williams
All those rings meant absolutely NOTHING as Bell, Ben and Brown were laid out quivering and convulsing on the turf.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 01:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: - Why would they say that other teams or their players would want to be the Bengals? Why on Earth would they say that? 5 straight 1 & done(s)? On top of that, why does everyone's trash talk have to be the same? You realize that when people talk trash they aren't usually going to bring up refutable points, right? He basically pointed to the scoreboard so, yeah... NO, the Bengals (nor the fans) can say much back on his point without coming off as idiots.

And this is a division rivalry. Why would the Bengals start talking junk on the Jaguars or something? Who do the Bengals have as a divisional rival to talk trash to? The Ravens? They've won some Superbowls recently, but the Bengals have had their number and it's been relatively respectful from their side. The Browns? Why kick a dog when it's down? There's no trash talk coming from over there.

Nope. This is between the Bengals and the Steelers and the Steelers player got a good shot in.

- "Some" history? Some Hilarious ? If the Steelers have "some" than the Bengals have effectively NONE in comparison. Last time they won a Superbowl? Is your google broken? Did you just start watching football in the last 5 years?  They won the Superbowl 8 seasons ago, appeared in one 6 seasons ago, and had won another one 10 seasons ago.

The media (and the Steelers) like to portray them as the cream of the NFL crop.  The reality is that they haven't won a Super  Bowl in almost 10 years.  Sure, they played in one 6 years ago.  My main point regarding their history is that 4 of those 6 Super Bowls came almost FORTY years ago.  It's not like they are a rolling dynasty.

^ The Bengals haven't advanced even one single round in the playoffs in 25 years. For a Bengals fan to throw Superbowls and playoff records out there as an argument against the Steelers and for the Bengals is like someone bragging the the CEO of Apple about how many times they've been laid off from a middle management job at all of fast food dives around town! Are you kidding me with that?

I'm not using Super Bowls against the Steelers.   I'm just putting things in perspective.  They are not a great team these days.  Sure, they win the division every other year or so, but they are also missing the playoffs on occasion.  They are also up against the cap every year and have to do restructuring to get under it to keep a decent team on the field.

"You know, I was the GM of a Steak-N-Shake before they laid me off. Bound to happen, right? It's a numbers game. Pfffft, look at you. Silicon valley mogul, huh? Bet that sucks!"  Hilarious

- I 100% agree with you on not trading with them today, or even over the last several years IMO. I love what the Bengals have done and the direction of the franchise. I'm so proud to be a Bengals fan, even in the aftermath of the "Melt Down at Paul Brown". But when D Williams points at the scoreboard from last year and has the histories of the franchises to back him up, Bengals fans need to find another comeback other than... We drafted well or pointing out that the Steelers didn't win it all this season.

Part of the reason that I laugh at Williams is because he is a newcomer to the team.  It's not like this is Big Ben or another guy on that team that has been there for 10 years talking about the history of the team.  He's been there for one year.  The only history he has been a part of is scraping by a team with their backup QB in the playoffs and getting physically punished at home by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote