Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear America, why do you hate sports ending in draws? Sincerely, the UK
In America, it sucks to have someone the same as you. That's why people go apes on the highway when the car next to them is going the same speed. They can go faster (in which case they are a "maniac") or they can go slower (in which case they are an "idiot"). But NO ONE is allowed to go exactly the same speed!! (courtesy of George Carlin)
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:50 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: In America, it sucks to have someone the same as you. That's why people go apes on the highway when the car next to them is going the same speed. They can go faster (in which case they are a "maniac") or they can go slower (in which case they are an "idiot"). But NO ONE is allowed to go exactly the same speed!! (courtesy of George Carlin)

It's creepy and I was going that speed first.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Y'all don't deserve football over there, I seen a stadium full of bandwagon fans, they was quiet as a tennis match. We definitely did not have any kind of advantage.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:20 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: As the title goes, if both teams are equally matched, why do you prefer to see an arbitrary winner rather than sharing the plaudits?  The league lasts 16 weeks so it's not like any individual game needs a winner so someone can progress to the next stage.

A draw/tie is like kissing your sister. No spark, no fire. At least I hope.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:20 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: As the title goes, if both teams are equally matched, why do you prefer to see an arbitrary winner rather than sharing the plaudits?  The league lasts 16 weeks so it's not like any individual game needs a winner so someone can progress to the next stage.

Trust me, when the Washington kicker made the game winning kick but Bengals coach had called time out. Then on second try he missed the kick....I was more than happy for the tie as opposed to what should have been a loss.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Ironically Amercan Football is the only American sport that can end in a tie. Baseball and basketball both will go until someone wins. I know 'soccer' can end in a tie, and I am guessing hockey too, but those arent traditional American sports.

College Hockey can end in a tie.

College football stopped ties in 1996.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote