Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How to fix the Browns
(12-08-2015, 07:53 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I feel bad for browns fans because every time they tried using motorcycle against Ben smack they would just get laughed at. Browns fans literally have nothing to talk about other than losing.

Yeah if it comes to the point that you can't use motorcycle smack because your guy did that too, you are truly screwed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The problem with the Browns is that they are too busy trying to appease the fan base with splash moves, and radical picks, when they should be concentrating on building a good football team from scratch.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 06:44 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Colt McCoy was probably the most talented qb they had on their team since their return. Watching them try to spin Weeden's age into say he is mature and pro ready was embarrassing. Worse than his actually performance.

Jerry Jones put a pretty nice spin on Weedon when Romo went down this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 11:45 PM)jason Wrote: Jerry Jones put a pretty nice spin on Weedon when Romo went down this year.

True, but that spin was immediately and universally laughed at.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 01:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but that spin was immediately and universally laughed at.

Isn't most of ,jerrah's decisions? LOL
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Didn't one of them claim a homeless dude told him to draft him?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Bushy#2???
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 03:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Didn't one of them claim a homeless dude told him to draft him?

I told Mike Brown to draft Akili Smith.  I wasn't homeless, but I hadn't showered for at least 2 days for unrelated reasons.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 06:00 PM)6andcounting Wrote: The odds of going 0-5 from one trade has to be near impossible.

This was a while ago, but I think it's still relevant and my favorite... 2004. Browns took Kellen Winslow Jr. 5 or 6 picks before the Steelers took Ben. And they needed a qb, and still do.

Had they taken Ben he'd be just another name on a long list of failed QBs from the Browns. Doesn't matter who they place at QB there, with the revolving door of coaches and complete lack of skill position players no QB will be successful.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 06:19 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Had they taken Ben he'd be just another name on a long list of failed QBs from the Browns. Doesn't matter who they place at QB there, with the revolving door of coaches and complete lack of skill position players no QB will be successful.
Who cares how Ben would have fared for the Browns? I'm more concerned with how the Steelers would have taken a right guard if the didn't get Ben.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think someone took that dawg to the vet a couple years back and got him fixed already.
Reply/Quote
Trade Gordon and Johnny Football for picks.
Sign Tebow.
Spend all picks and money on defense.

Just because I think it'd be fun to watch.
Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 10:10 AM)Benton Wrote: they should hire a guy and tell him to do the opposite of whatever management tells him.

trade all the draft picks so you take 40 players in the fifth round? Do the opposite.

hire a coach and then fire him after one season? Do the opposite.

name a starting QB, then replace him after going 3-3, then start him after his replacement goes 2-2? Do the opposite.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M174acc4c8a90754d75241fa366d87...=222&h=168][Image: th?id=OIP.Mb2cfd8138b5a93462d9debda37623...=262&h=167]

Damn...   Cleveland is the George of the NFL. 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The new boyfriend of one of my relatives is the son of a guy who played qb for the Browns in the 80s. At Christmas family dinner tonight pointing out how bad the Browns are was part of the football conversion. He was so upset and angry that everyone was making fun of the Browns that he challenged someone half his age to a tackling contest in the yard. It was not in good spirit either. The guy was butthurt train off the rails.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 08:58 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Trade Gordon and Johnny Football for picks.
Sign Tebow.
Spend all picks and money on defense.

Just because I think it'd be fun to watch.
Tongue

Didn't they cut Gordon?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 05:11 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Didn't they cut Gordon?

I don't think so.
I've seen articles referring to him coming back.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 05:11 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Didn't they cut Gordon?

(12-13-2015, 11:08 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I don't think so.
I've seen articles referring to him coming back.

Not cut. He's on indefinite suspension. Will have to apply for reinstatement. In the meantime, he's working with Randy Moss at his WR Academy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote