Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In order to REALLY fix the Bengals..
(12-07-2017, 09:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's going to take a Managerial change.  A change in philosophy upon how a professional sports team is run.  Trust is going to have to be passed on to a modern football mind, and given full control to reshape the organization, to fit the design that he has in mind.

Giving an outside GM full control is a big step for the Bengals.  Not only would they be giving an outsider full control of Football operations, he will likely also command a large salary.  However, if you look at the traditional winners of the past 20 years, it's not tough to see that the smart money is invested into great coaching and scouting.  Any serious GM candidate will require those freedoms, in order to even seriously consider accepting the position.

The increase in budget should easily be offset by selling out the stadium, every game of the year.  And, by increased merchandise sales from fans old and new, jumping onto the "new generation" Bengals bandwagon.  

It's a hard sell, for sure.  But, what do the family members that will inherit the team have to lose?  Nothing, as they inherited it to begin with.  So, why not invest into Paul Brown's legacy, and start running the organization like a modern era sports franchise?

If MB is planning to step aside and let Katie run the show i could see her hiring a GM.

What a dream but this would be the best way to turn this culture around, great post Sunset.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 04:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If MB is planning to step aside and let Katie run the show i could see her hiring a GM.

What a dream but this would be the best way to turn this culture around, great post Sunset.

Let's just hope that Mike isn't going to be one of those "die at his desk" type of guys.  I'd like to see the Bengals move to the next generation, before I'm old and feeble.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 04:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let's just hope that Mike isn't going to be one of those "die at his desk" type of guys.  I'd like to see the Bengals move to the next generation, before I'm old and feeble.

Well, the good news is we should know this Offseason.

I am right there with Wyche and lots of Bengal fans that if MB, Marv and PA are back i am done hoping for true success.

My attentions will be elsewhere. I would come on here and talk to you guys from time to time but much less caring about the team.

Will always hope against hope and be a Bengals fan but have never been a fan of how MB has run things.

And as much as some on here call MB a cheapskate which i agree with i don't think he is an evil human being and he loves his daughter.

If he steps aside, Katie hires a new GM and we have new coaches this team could go the distance.

The team is not far off with the right moves.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 04:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, the good news is we should know this Offseason.

I am right there with Wyche and lots of Bengal fans that if MB, Marv and PA are back i am done hoping for true success.

My attentions will be elsewhere. I would come on here and talk to you guys from time to time but much less caring about the team.

Will always hope against hope and be a Bengals fan but have never been a fan of how MB has run things.

And as much as some on here call MB a cheapskate which i agree with i don't think he is an evil human being and he loves his daughter.

If he steps aside, Katie hires a new GM and we have new coaches this team could go the distance.

Yeah man, I could never leave the comfy confines of my internet home, and my anonymous (and some not so anonymous) "friends" on here.  This is a great community.  Lots of really knowledgeable folks on here.....I ESPECIALLY like coming here to read about college prospects I may not know about, guys that have played different positions than myself, guys that have coached the game at far higher levels than I ever did, and mostly, the differing opinions.  Without the different views, this place dies.  I've even came around to seeing things differently on some topics because someone provided me an alternate way of looking at them.  

Don't ever change Bengalsboard.....regardless if any of us get fed up. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 04:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If MB is planning to step aside and let Katie run the show i could see her hiring a GM.

Maybe it was ebenezer’s plan to go out with Marvin the whole time. A double dip of good news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Rename the team to The BIG Knockers.. I think that would speak for itself.. Team mascot would be cheerleaders with BIG knockers..  Why not? They couldn't do any worse..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Nahhh..Mikey is the eternal one. He'll outlive all of us and become cryogenically frozen until medical science can revive him and keep him alive forever and ever and ever and ever and throw a few more evers in for good measure..He's like the exact opposite of waiting for the Messiah to appear.. Beloved Rabbi, wouldn't this be a good time for the opposite of the Messiah to disappear?  ~from Fiddler on the Roof.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 07:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: Rename the team to The BIG Knockers.. I think that would speak for itself.. Team mascot would be cheerleaders with BIG knockers..  Why not? They couldn't do any worse..

Would be a bit confusing to our British fans.  Over there, I believe that knockers are similar to what we call pot pies..   Hilarious

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 07:36 PM)grampahol Wrote: Nahhh..Mikey is the eternal one. He'll outlive all of us and become cryogenically frozen until medical science can revive him and keep him alive forever and ever and ever and ever and throw a few more evers in for good measure..

Like this?

[Image: th?id=OIP.4g6QRLSKQPAmMDD7-7MwuAEsDh&pid=Api]

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 04:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, the good news is we should know this Offseason.

I will shorten my statement to just that. I just won't get on board for another season of the same ole same old !
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 07:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: Rename the team to The BIG Knockers.. I think that would speak for itself.. Team mascot would be cheerleaders with BIG knockers..  Why not? They couldn't do any worse..

Big boobs always win in my eyes. ThumbsUp

(12-08-2017, 07:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I will shorten my statement to just that. I just won't get on board for another season of the same ole same old !

Well, that is pretty much what i meant. Still would be my favorite team even if there is no hope though, sucks. The Bengals are my team.

I won't buy any merchandise as long as that goes on, but i would still come on here and talk with the brothers and sisters of the board.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 08:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Big boobs always win in my eyes. ThumbsUp

Well, that is pretty much what i meant. Still would be my favorite team even if there is no hope though, sucks. The Bengals are my team.

I won't buy any merchandise as long as that goes on, but i would still come on here and talk with the brothers and sisters of the board.

Oh I'm not quitting on the Bengals, just the Mike Brown led Bengals, I've had enough !
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 08:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I'm not quitting on the Bengals, just the Mike Brown led Bengals, I've had enough !

Carson, is that you?  How is your left arm feeling?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Would be a bit confusing to our British fans.  Over there, I believe that knockers are similar to what we call pot pies..   Hilarious

Wow, big boobs and pot pies?  Friends, that's hitting the jackpot.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote